PETERS is the BEST PLAYER on our TEAM!!! So this is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

PETERS is the BEST PLAYER on our TEAM!!! So this is...

Stupid.

Give the guy an extension!!!

People forget that he was undrafted. He picked the Bills because he was a Bills fan growing up.

The guy will be the best LT in the league for sure so why not give him an extension now before he becomes that player.

When was the last time the Bills paid a guy the most money in the league at one position? Is this what we want to wait for?

If Peters gets better, and he will, than we will be paying even more down the road.

He's doing us a favor.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: PETERS is the BEST PLAYER on our TEAM!!! So this is...

I agree but Peters has no leg to stand on here. What is he going to sit out for 3 years.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

**** Peters.

He needs to show up. I hate holdouts. Come in, practice, and work on a new deal. Or just sit there and rot.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
        • Sep 2004

What are the Bills supposed to do? Just bend at the will of every player and give them exactly what they want, everytime they want, when they just throw a little fit like this? No, I don't think so.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gil
          • Mar 2005

he won't miss games - at least if he's holding out he won't get hurt in training camp.

/looking on the bright side

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            What are the Bills supposed to do? Just bend at the will of every player and give them exactly what they want, everytime they want, when they just throw a little fit like this? No, I don't think so.
            Only the All-Pros at an extremely crucial position when there is over $30 million available.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
              Only the All-Pros at an extremely crucial position when there is over $30 million available.
              Sorry, he had one pro bowl season.

I think if he came in this season and did the same thing the Bills would be forced to negotiate with him but I don't see why they should do it right now.

If it wasn't for the Bills Peters would be bagging groceries.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

One Pro Bowl is more than the rest of the line combined on which he's the third-highest paid player. And I said ALL PRO, which is bigger.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Whatever. He shouldn't have signed the deal he did then. Poor Jason Peters. Maybe he should get his ass into camp and practice while the rest of the team bust their asses in the heat during two a days. Maybe Lee Evans should just hold out too since he only has one year left and deserves a pay increase.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

And if he has another year like he did, his price will only go up. It's in the Bills' best interest to do it now, especially when they can afford it.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Agreed. Now is not the time to play telephone tough guy.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        • Sep 2004

He has three years left. He will come back and play. He owes it to the Bills.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Stupid.

Give the guy an extension!!!

People forget that he was undrafted. He picked the Bills because he was a Bills fan growing up.

The guy will be the best LT in the league for sure so why not give him an extension now before he becomes that player.

When was the last time the Bills paid a guy the most money in the league at one position? Is this what we want to wait for?

If Peters gets better, and he will, than we will be paying even more down the road.

He's doing us a favor.

We gave him an extension. if it wasn;t enough for him then he should have declined it and played out the exsisting contract....

Why do some people insist on putting all the power into the players hands. Players get contracts with guarenteed monies that protects them from an early release.

now Players get guarenteed monies and they can demand a new contract with 3 years left... at what point do you say enough is enough. Peters and the Bills gambled on the last extension.. Peters could have easily had a career ending injury and the Bils would still have to pay the guarenteed money. So basically what has happened here is Peters gets whatever Peters wants whenever he wants it with no consequences.

We have Evans and Crowell to sign to extensions as well, but they both have 1 year left on their deals so it seems reasonable for both sides to extend... I understand a player asking for a new contract with 1 year left, but fans and the teams cannot start playing this rediculous game.

I'm so angry with the stupidity of this situation.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                            And if he has another year like he did, his price will only go up. It's in the Bills' best interest to do it now, especially when they can afford it.

I agree with the logic... i do not agree with a holdout.

The Bills have Crowell and Evans to lock up... I think Peters should have to wait until next offseason personally, and he should be man enough to show up at camp.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

That is another great point. Crowell and Evans would naturally come first in extension talks since they are up sooner and have been starting for a longer amount of time. Peters needs to be a big boy and show up to camp and other team activities. Right now he is acting like a total douche.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X