PDA

View Full Version : PETERS is the BEST PLAYER on our TEAM!!! So this is...

HHURRICANE
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Stupid.

Give the guy an extension!!!

People forget that he was undrafted. He picked the Bills because he was a Bills fan growing up.

The guy will be the best LT in the league for sure so why not give him an extension now before he becomes that player.

When was the last time the Bills paid a guy the most money in the league at one position? Is this what we want to wait for?

If Peters gets better, and he will, than we will be paying even more down the road.

He's doing us a favor.

THATHURMANATOR
07-25-2008, 08:55 AM
I agree but Peters has no leg to stand on here. What is he going to sit out for 3 years.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
**** Peters.

He needs to show up. I hate holdouts. Come in, practice, and work on a new deal. Or just sit there and rot.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM
What are the Bills supposed to do? Just bend at the will of every player and give them exactly what they want, everytime they want, when they just throw a little fit like this? No, I don't think so.

gil
07-25-2008, 09:06 AM
he won't miss games - at least if he's holding out he won't get hurt in training camp.

/looking on the bright side

Philagape
07-25-2008, 09:07 AM
What are the Bills supposed to do? Just bend at the will of every player and give them exactly what they want, everytime they want, when they just throw a little fit like this? No, I don't think so.

Only the All-Pros at an extremely crucial position when there is over $30 million available.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Only the All-Pros at an extremely crucial position when there is over $30 million available.

Sorry, he had one pro bowl season.

I think if he came in this season and did the same thing the Bills would be forced to negotiate with him but I don't see why they should do it right now.

If it wasn't for the Bills Peters would be bagging groceries.

Philagape
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
One Pro Bowl is more than the rest of the line combined on which he's the third-highest paid player. And I said ALL PRO, which is bigger.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Whatever. He shouldn't have signed the deal he did then. Poor Jason Peters. Maybe he should get his ass into camp and practice while the rest of the team bust their asses in the heat during two a days. Maybe Lee Evans should just hold out too since he only has one year left and deserves a pay increase.

Philagape
07-25-2008, 09:19 AM
And if he has another year like he did, his price will only go up. It's in the Bills' best interest to do it now, especially when they can afford it.

The King
07-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Agreed. Now is not the time to play telephone tough guy.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:22 AM
He has three years left. He will come back and play. He owes it to the Bills.

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Stupid.

Give the guy an extension!!!

People forget that he was undrafted. He picked the Bills because he was a Bills fan growing up.

The guy will be the best LT in the league for sure so why not give him an extension now before he becomes that player.

When was the last time the Bills paid a guy the most money in the league at one position? Is this what we want to wait for?

If Peters gets better, and he will, than we will be paying even more down the road.

He's doing us a favor.

We gave him an extension. if it wasn;t enough for him then he should have declined it and played out the exsisting contract....

Why do some people insist on putting all the power into the players hands. Players get contracts with guarenteed monies that protects them from an early release.

now Players get guarenteed monies and they can demand a new contract with 3 years left... at what point do you say enough is enough. Peters and the Bills gambled on the last extension.. Peters could have easily had a career ending injury and the Bils would still have to pay the guarenteed money. So basically what has happened here is Peters gets whatever Peters wants whenever he wants it with no consequences.

We have Evans and Crowell to sign to extensions as well, but they both have 1 year left on their deals so it seems reasonable for both sides to extend... I understand a player asking for a new contract with 1 year left, but fans and the teams cannot start playing this rediculous game.

I'm so angry with the stupidity of this situation.

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 09:25 AM
And if he has another year like he did, his price will only go up. It's in the Bills' best interest to do it now, especially when they can afford it.

I agree with the logic... i do not agree with a holdout.

The Bills have Crowell and Evans to lock up... I think Peters should have to wait until next offseason personally, and he should be man enough to show up at camp.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
That is another great point. Crowell and Evans would naturally come first in extension talks since they are up sooner and have been starting for a longer amount of time. Peters needs to be a big boy and show up to camp and other team activities. Right now he is acting like a total douche.

Philagape
07-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't like holdouts either. If Peters had been showing up, talks probably would be further along. His agent's playing hardball, and it's not good for either side football-wise.
But regardless of tactics, he has the leverage, and he's earned it. It's a unique convergence of several factors in his favor.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:42 AM
See...I don't think he has the leverage. I know he is all-pro and the best lineman we have, but he also has three years left on his deal. What is he going to do? Take all the fines, miss game checks, and sit out for three years? The Bills have all the leverage in this situation IMO.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Peters is under contract for 3 more years. Do Peters, or those of you advocating we drop our pants and re-sign him to yet another new deal, understand that a contract is a binding legal agreement between the signing parties?

Philagape
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
See...I don't think he has the leverage. I know he is all-pro and the best lineman we have, but he also has three years left on his deal. What is he going to do? Take all the fines, miss game checks, and sit out for three years? The Bills have all the leverage in this situation IMO.

Sitting out hurts the Bills more than it hurts him. Eventually he's going to get a deal that likely will top $50 million, and the guaranteed money alone will be several times his current salary. The future payoff outweighs the current sacrifice many times over, and he's not going to starve until then.
On game day, the offense will miss him WAY more than he misses the checks.

Mitchy moo
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM

Bingo, no NFL job for 3 years would suck.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Sitting out hurts the Bills more than it hurts him. Eventually he's going to get a deal that likely will top $50 million, and the guaranteed money alone will be several times his current salary. The future payoff outweighs the current sacrifice many times over, and he's not going to starve until then.
On game day, the offense will miss him WAY more than he misses the checks.

He will definitely miss the checks and he will definitely miss out on a huge pay day if he sits out for three years.

And if he were to get more money next season, wouldn't it be smart for Peters to come in this season and kick ass and cash in even more next off-season.

Philagape
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
He will definitely miss the checks and he will definitely miss out on a huge pay day if he sits out for three years.

And if he were to get more money next season, wouldn't it be smart for Peters to come in this season and kick ass and cash in even more next off-season.

He won't sit out for three years. A few games will be enough for the Bills to cave when they see their offense in shambles.

And the second part is why the Bills should do it now. As for Peters, he wants his payday ASAP probably because of injury risk.

Philagape
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
In Week One, the Bills face the guy who was 2nd in the league in sacks last year. In a year where they could be borderline playoff and every single game is huge, one game without the guy who protects our QB is unacceptable no matter what.
The Bills will be driven to painful desperation LONG before Peters is.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
This board cracks me up. This roster has been void of any real talent for a long time.

Our OL was terrible until people like Peters came along.

We need talent and Peters is the best player on the team.

THE BEST PLAYER WE HAVE!!!!!!

So we are not going to pay him???

If this was Bruce Smith we wouldn't be having this argument.

I'm not saying that we should pay him as the best lineman in the league, i'm just saying let's at least talk to the guy. If we sign him now it's still going to be a deal because the guy is only going to get better and he has at least another 8 years ahead of him.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2008, 10:48 AM
The guy needs to honor his existing contract and come to camp before the Bills even consider a new deal. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve more money, but let Peters at least show a little good faith.

Michael82
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
yeah, but then if you do it now....odds are, he will pull the same bull**** in another 2 years if the top 5 OTs are getting $12-15 million per year. :ill:

Michael82
07-25-2008, 11:10 AM
The guy needs to honor his existing contract and come to camp before the Bills even consider a new deal. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve more money, but let Peters at least show a little good faith.
That's all I'm asking for. Look at every single player the Bills extended through the years, it wasn't a hold out that did it. It was because the player showed up at camp and was a ****ing team player first. :mad:

Philagape
07-25-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah, but then if you do it now....odds are, he will pull the same bull**** in another 2 years if the top 5 OTs are getting $12-15 million per year. :ill:

If he does, he'll have less leverage. What he's looking for now is to reflect a massive leap in performance since his last contract. And in two years the Bills likely won't have as much cap room or as few contract worries.

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Screw Peters let him holdout

if he wants to lose paychecks and be fined then he needs to learn a huge lesson. 3 years left on an existing extension is rediculous.

We will suck, our offense will be in shambles, and that sucks, but I do not agree with these tactics and I wouldn't cave. However even if Peters caves he will probably demand a trade next season because he will feel insulted.

This is a lose lose situation, the Bills can not afford to set precedent that it is ok to hold out with 3 years left on a deal. guarenteed monies where put in place, and Peters needs to wait another season, and be thankful that he has already made more money then 75% of the people in this country will make in a lifetime.

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm not saying that we should pay him as the best lineman in the league, i'm just saying let's at least talk to the guy. If we sign him now it's still going to be a deal because the guy is only going to get better and he has at least another 8 years ahead of him.

Why hasn't Peters himself talked to the Bills. The Bills did the talking when they gave him a big raise and extended him.

i agree we will suck on O without Peters, but I am godddamn sick and tired of spoiled athletes milking the system to extreme riches that eventually falls on the fan. The Bills made a HUGE MISTAKE offering Peters an extension last time. In hindsight the extension was a big fat waste of time. The extension was the Bills doing what was right but now Peters is going to piss in the face of the Bills and the fans by demanding more with 3 years left.

Sorry I ****ing do not agree with this crap, and this is the kind of crap that must be eliminated in the next CBA.

FlyingDutchman
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM

We did that last year.....

Mr. KnowItAll
07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Of course Im the best player on this team, have you guys been watching the past 7 seasons or so?