PDA

View Full Version : Dear Jason,

jamze132
07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
See Jason, you actually have to PLAY to go to Pro Bowls and earns lots of money. Maybe if you would have gone to the OTAs and the mandatory mini camp, you would be in negotiations right now about an extension. Why the hell should the management negotiate with someone under contract who refuses to show up to any team functions? I bet if you would have showed up, and THEN said you think you deserve a new contract, they would have listened and would agree with you. Hell, I'm pretty sure they think you deserve a new contract right now too but you have ****ed yourself. So go ahead and sit out, pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for holding out, and while you're at it, skip the season and pout. Oh, and if that happens, guess what, you will never leave the Bills nor will you ever get the required time to be eligible for retirement. And please do not come back in the middle of the season and say you are willing to play, JUST TO EARN YOUR CREDIT FOR PLAYING A SEASON. At that point, you would be one of the worst people in the NFL, which by the way is a TEAM game. Personal accolades are great and all but how can you be good, when you are at home sitting, not playing football. Thanks :up:

Sincerely,
Jamze132

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I can't argue.

I'm pissed off at the way he has handled this. Love to have him here, but this situation reeks and I place all of the blame on Peters. No reason for this. Underpaid or not, you signed the contract you play the majority of it out. If you wanted ot make more money then you decline the extension and wait your turn for a bigger payday.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 09:40 AM
In all due respect, this is bull****.

Tell ya what.. You going write open letters to NFL GM's when they cut players at the salaries they signed off, because unlike Peters, the player UNDERPERFORMED expectations? Guys get cut every year because they're not worth what management is paying them.. It goes both ways.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
And he should of at least done his part and showed up to team activites in the off-season and to training camp.

Mitchy moo
07-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I can't argue.

I'm pissed off at the way he has handled this. Love to have him here, but this situation reeks and I place all of the blame on Peters. No reason for this. Underpaid or not, you signed the contract you play the majority of it out. If you wanted ot make more money then you decline the extension and wait your turn for a bigger payday.

I guess they should of paid him more a few years ago.

Michael82
07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
And he should of at least done his part and showed up to team activites in the off-season and to training camp.
The Bills have shown many times that if you respect us, we will take care of you. Jason Peters could have done his part by coming to mini-camp like Schobel did, but skip the OTAs and then coming to the Training Camp so the Bills could work on a new deal for him. But he chose the piece of **** way. :ill:

Tatonka
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM

You're.

trapezeus
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
i don't agree with the arguement that Peters is wrong for wanting a bigger contract. while it's a sport, it's also his job. he also is in the trenches and will most definitely live with major injuries due to the viciousness of the game. Despite those hazards, he's performed well and overcome a lot.

The NFL created this mess by not having guaranteed contracts. This lets them can a number of players on multiyear deals that are backloaded. And when playeres become too expensive or underperform, they are shown the door. So as a result, when a player outperforms, he should be shown more money.

Now as Mikey said, it's too bad Peters has shown that he will not show up and be part of the team. But again, he runs a risk of injury and then not getting what he wants. i wish he was more vocal about the deal he is looking for so that they can come to terms. Staying quiet and not being part of it suggests that he simply wants out of buffalo.

jamze132
07-25-2008, 11:44 AM

Tell ya what.. You going write open letters to NFL GM's when they cut players at the salaries they signed off, because unlike Peters, the player UNDERPERFORMED expectations? Guys get cut every year because they're not worth what management is paying them.. It goes both ways.

I never said it didn't go both ways, did I? :idunno:

I just wanted to state my opinion about THIS situation.

jamze132
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Peters is arguably one of the best LTs in the game and he knows it. He does hold some leverage, but so do the Bills since his longterm fate is somewhat in their hands.

But he is completely going about wanting more money the wrong way. He deserves to be paid like the budding star he is but you can't walk into the bosses office and tell him how it's going to be without something bad happening. In Jason's case, they have refused to negotiate thus far and honestly, I can't blame them.

Both sides need to come together and clear the air so we can get one of our best players on the field.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I never said it didn't go both ways, did I? :idunno:

I just wanted to state my opinion about THIS situation.
well can all agree it sucks that he's not here, and we can all agree that he's as needed as anyone on this team..

So regardless of who's right or wrong, lets just pray they work something out.

Mr. KnowItAll
07-25-2008, 12:57 PM
See Jason, you actually have to PLAY to go to Pro Bowls and earns lots of money. Maybe if you would have gone to the OTAs and the mandatory mini camp, you would be in negotiations right now about an extension. Why the hell should the management negotiate with someone under contract who refuses to show up to any team functions? I bet if you would have showed up, and THEN said you think you deserve a new contract, they would have listened and would agree with you. Hell, I'm pretty sure they think you deserve a new contract right now too but you have ****ed yourself. So go ahead and sit out, pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for holding out, and while you're at it, skip the season and pout. Oh, and if that happens, guess what, you will never leave the Bills nor will you ever get the required time to be eligible for retirement. And please do not come back in the middle of the season and say you are willing to play, JUST TO EARN YOUR CREDIT FOR PLAYING A SEASON. At that point, you would be one of the worst people in the NFL, which by the way is a TEAM game. Personal accolades are great and all but how can you be good, when you are at home sitting, not playing football. Thanks :up:

Sincerely,
Jamze132

Dear Jamze132,

Maybe you dont understand my situation, first I get signed and asked to swtich positions, I do so and then I get asked to do it again and then I become one of the premier LT in the game and what do I have to show for it? Nothing, no appreciation, no nothing. You see I appreciate Buffalo for signing but make no mistake about it, I busted my ass for this team and this city. I worked hard, I did extra film work, and I became a All-Pro LT, is it too much to ask for some money to make sure my family will be ok if my career were to end tomorrow? I gave my blood sweat and tears to this city, the organization, and its fans. I see where I stand now, I try and get mine just like any other red blooded American and I get crapped on but by all means keep trying to do it yourselves, hypocrites.

Peace,
Jason Peters

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Dear Jamze132,

Maybe you dont understand my situation, first I get signed and asked to swtich positions, I do so and then I get asked to do it again and then I become one of the premier LT in the game and what do I have to show for it? Nothing, no appreciation, no nothing. You see I appreciate Buffalo for signing but make no mistake about it, I busted my ass for this team and this city. I worked hard, I did extra film work, and I became a All-Pro LT, is it too much to ask for some money to make sure my family will be ok if my career were to end tomorrow? I gave my blood sweat and tears to this city, the organization, and its fans. I see where I stand now, I try and get mine just like any other red blooded American and I get crapped on but by all means keep trying to do it yourselves, hypocrites.

Peace,
Jason Peters

no way this is the real Jason Peters. There are too many multi-syllable words spelled correctly.

DraftBoy
07-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Dear Jamze132,

Peace,
Jason Peters

Holy ****!

Is that really him? I mean I know he got a low wonderlic but...wow I wonder...

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
The NFL created this mess by not having guaranteed contracts. This lets them can a number of players on multiyear deals that are backloaded. And when playeres become too expensive or underperform, they are shown the door. So as a result, when a player outperforms, he should be shown more money..

Lets not forget that players now make sure they have guarenteed monies written into the contract. This is done to protect the player from a premature release or a career effecting injury. Lets also not forget that Peters has already made more money then the majority of us will make in our entire lifetimes. Lets not forget that the Bills stepped up and gave Peters an extension before Peters asked for one, and lets not forget that Peters could have declined it and held out for a bigger payday. He did have a choice here.

I just do not believe that a Player should be allowed to hold a team hostage with 3 years left on his contract, and that the league must put rules into place that protect teams from this. This would force players to make sure they negotiate deals they know they have to live with until one year left. I believe a player has the right to ask for a new deal when he is playing the last year of his contract.

The team, the FO and the fans DO NOT DESERVE THIS **** ANYMORE. I for one have pretty much reached the breaking point of tolerance...

yordad
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Pat, if you buy something on sale, and it breaks, you return it right? But, if you buy soemthing and the sale ends, does the store ask for more money?

It really doesn't have to go both ways. If you go to that store and give them more money after the sale ends you are either very kind, or very dumb.

madness
07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Dear Jason,

Stop posting on message boards, get yourself a new agent, and get your ***** ass to camp! Did you ever hear of verbal communication or did you just post your contract demands on the message board @ BB.com? Last time I got a raise I nearly had to kick down my boss' door to get one. (That's called i-n-t-e-r-a-c-t-i-o-n, you should try it)

Sincerely,
You're still reading this? WTF? Put down the Funyuns and get your ass going already!

yordad
07-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Dear Jamze132,

Peace,
Jason PetersYou have millions to show for it. Remember that 15 million dollar deal 2 years ago? If you were after appreciation, you have a funny way of going about it.

I would be happy to cry, bleed and sweat for 15 million, there is no hypocrite here.

Night Train
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Dear Jamze132,

Peace,
Jason Peters

:rofl:

That someone took the time to type this is pathetic.

Tatonka
07-25-2008, 02:07 PM
You have millions to show for it. Remember that 15 million dollar deal 2 years ago? If you were after appreciation, you have a funny way of going about it.

I would be happy to cry, bleed and sweat for 15 million, there is no hypocrite here.

what he said, *****.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
When he signed his extension, he was a right tackle.. he then moved to LT and became one of the best in the league.

like it or not, the market for RT and LT has a huge difference. I like langston walker (at least based on last year) but no way in HELL should he be making close the money Peters makes. And I won't even comment on Dockery.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
We can all fight about who's right or wrong all summer.

The bottom line, and anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows this is universal.. If Peters isnt in uniform this offense is in BIG ****ing trouble.

jamze132
07-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Dear Jamze132,

Peace,
Jason Peters
Dear fake Jason (who is probably a MOD or ADMIN),

I'm Sorry buddy, you have handled this the completely wrong way. You see, when you refuse to communicate to your boss, they seem to be offended and disrespected. I would go out on a limb and Whitner gaurantee that they would have had no problems negotiating with you if you would have AT LEAST said something to them instead of ignoring them all ****ing year like a 2 year old kid.

Oh, and about your money situation where you need to make sure your family is taken care of. I make around $60K per year and my family is taken care of if something happened to me. It's called life insurance. So take your $3m you are SUPPOSED to make this year alone and kiss my ass. :up:

Deuces...