PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the reason he hasn't been in Buffalo or camp is because he's still injured....

Michael82
07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
The Bills have always shown that if you treat us with respect and come to camp and participate with the team, we will take care of you. They usually get more aggravated with the holdouts over anything else. I don't understand his stance, especially the fact that he hasn't even talked to the team. If you want to get paid, show up and let them know quietly. Do what Schobel did. He came to mini camp and talked to the team. Sure he *****ed a little bit, but he still participated in the team stuff. It was in good faith and then the Bills rewarded him with a brand new contract that makes him one of the highest paid DEs in the league. The same thing could happen to Peters, but he's not even giving them a chance. He's just pulling a TO. :ill:

Honestly, I have been trying to figure out why Jason Peters wouldn't be at any of the offseason workouts and mini camps, especially if he wants a new deal. The guy is coming off a season ending injury and sure he was voted into the Pro Bowl, but missed it due to his sports hernia injury. Could the real reason be that he is not healthy yet and knows that if he came to mini camps, he wouldn't be able to participate yet? Maybe he knows that if he showed up a Training Camp, it would give the team leverage because he would show them how he's not even close to 100% healthy yet. :idunno:

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Is Evans 100% . I don't think so but he did show up at OTA's. He too wants a new contract. Peters should've done the same whether he's 100% or not. Bad excuse.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Peters is being a jackass, period.

Mitchy moo
07-25-2008, 10:22 AM
The injury thing sure explains his absence / silence.

Michael82
07-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Peters is being a jackass, period.
Agreed! :hi5: