X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Let hope Farve is washed up...

The Jets have been granted permission to talk to him. And, I guess they are the only team so far. ~ ESPN

If the Jets get Farve, IMO they could threaten the Bills, Browns, Steelers, Titans, and Broncos for a playoff spot.

I have thus far not been as impressed as others with the Jets off-season, but this would be some nice icing for their cake.
    Last edited by yordad; 07-25-2008, 12:10 PM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Let hope Farve is washed up...

Originally posted by yordad
    The Jets have been granted permission to talk to him. And, I guess they are the only team so far. ~ ESPN

If the Jets get Farve, IMO they could threaten the Bills, Browns, Steelers, Titans, and Broncos for a playoff spot.
    According to Pat, the Bills were supposed to be the front runners for Favre by today.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mayotm
      According to Pat, the Bills were supposed to be the front runners for Favre by today.
      What a moran.

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

Screw Favre and the Jets! Let them mortgage their future for a QB that will play 1-2 more years tops! The Jets dont have a team setup where they can allow Favre to throw his usual 2-3 passes up for grabs per game and be able to overcome it!
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Jets granted permission to speak to Favre

Favre could end up in the division:

LINK

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Re: Jets granted permission to speak to Favre

Let's hope not

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
              • Sep 2004

:drama:

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Why would he want to go to the Jets???

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Gotta love the fact that the first 3 posts in this thread on a Bills board are by a Pats fan,a Fin fan, and Jets fan

They need to lock their borders down

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                    Screw Favre and the Jets! Let them mortgage their future for a QB that will play 1-2 more years tops! The Jets dont have a team setup where they can allow Favre to throw his usual 2-3 passes up for grabs per game and be able to overcome it!
                    Yeah, but if they mortgage their future and bump the Bills from the playoffs, someone else will be there in two years mortgaging their future to bump the Bills- again.

A part of me thinks that is how you make the playoffs. That is how you win a superbowl. You get a couple bargains, like Peters, but then you make a flat out financial run at it. Then you make pushes in waves. What is better, being awesome for three years, then bad for 5, or always being average?

I'm just thinking "out loud", trying to play devils advocate here, but I think the mortgaging system has some pros, and the cash to cap has some cons. I know neither always works. Maybe a hybrid. Mortgaging in moderation may be the best.

I mean, does anyone have a list of the handful of teams that use the cash to cap model? If so, we could do a little comparison. Although, that is a different thread, and we got a little off topic.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

Merging with other thread in NFL Zone...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Why is this funny?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                          Yeah, but if they mortgage their future and bump the Bills from the playoffs, someone else will be there in two years mortgaging their future to bump the Bills- again.

A part of me thinks that is how you make the playoffs. That is how you win a superbowl. You get a couple bargains, like Peters, but then you make a flat out financial run at it. Then you make pushes in waves. What is better, being awesome for three years, then bad for 5, or always being average?

I'm just thinking "out loud", trying to play devils advocate here, but I think the mortgaging system has some pros, and the cash to cap has some cons. I know neither always works. Maybe a hybrid. Mortgaging in moderation may be the best.

I mean, does anyone have a list of the handful of teams that use the cash to cap model? If so, we could do a little comparison. Although, that is a different thread, and we got a little off topic.
                          the ONLY way cash to cap will EVER work is if at some point, when the core of the team is established, we go for broke and bring in the missing pieces to make a serious run. Otherwise, by the time we develop talent at positions that are problems, the talent we have at other positions will be washed up or gone. Take McKelvin. Assuming he takes 2-3 years to develop, we'll be 8 years into McGee's career, and he depends a lot on his speed. So it'll be time for another CB.

Eventually the Bills will have to go for broke. Otherwise, "cash to cap" is permanent rebuilding.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffatexas
                            • Aug 2002

I just do not see Farve as a threat to the AFC if he signs with the Jets. Their OL is in shambles (I know they signed Faneca, and a few others, but as we know, they will need time to gel and would not give Farve the protection that he had in GB), their TE is a rookie (not counting baker here) and their WR's outside of Coles are who?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Actually, I said the other AFC contender would be the Jets, and I also said that was the ONE team I hope he doesnt go to.

If the Jets get Bret, we go back to third in this division, guaranteed.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X