Yasgur's Farm
07-25-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.kffl.com/player/764/nfl

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:02 PM
God I HOPE that's accurate!!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I think it sounds like the only team Bret wants to play for is Minnesota, and possibly Tampa?? Maybe he'll play hardball by reporting to camp.. At the end of the day, does Green Bay pay him $12 million dollars to sit on the bench and is it worth $12 million to them to stop bret from going to Minnesota? That's an awful lot to pay. I'm thinking by saying he has no interest in the Jets, he's hoping that Green Bay ultimitately releases him. I cant wait to see what happens when GB starts camp on Sunday... It's going to be a circus.

Bulldog
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
What a freakin mess Green Bay has on their plate. Good luck with that one.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I know. I'd hate to be Aaron Rodgers right now. What did that poor kid ever do to deserve this NFL career?

Slides down draft day. STuck behind a legend for years. .Finally gets his shot, and if having the pressure of suceeding him wasn't enough, now Bret wants to play and everyone is split.

This is 20x worse than Flutie vs Johnson

DrGraves
07-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Buffalo/Green Bay
Small Market
Cold Weather
and i would say the bills are as good as the pack, but just in the wrong conference..

welcome brett..

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
In that case. Bret will remain retired.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Jay Glazer just said that tampa now has permission to talk trade as well.

HAMMER
07-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I read he is planning to report to GB.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
He is.

Luisito23
07-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Not even their own player have any interest in playing for the Jets so why should Favre be any different?....:jetsuck:

THATHURMANATOR
07-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok now Favre is kinda being a dick and ruining his legacy in GB.... What a shame.

jaymitch84
07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Why would anyone have interest in playing for the Jets?

yordad
07-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Let's go Tam-pa, let's GO! Wait, I mean.... You go Tam-pa, you GO!

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Why would anyone have interest in playing for the Jets?
Because they're a QB away from being a playoff team?

Bling
07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
STFU and take your punishment. You want to play football. This is a business, not the Brett Favre circus.

madness
07-25-2008, 03:24 PM
:dance: :jetsuck:

NC-BILLS44
07-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Brett would like Buffalo.
Earlier, I thought Brett said he didn't want to play where it's too hot.

RedEyE
07-25-2008, 03:37 PM
When its all said and done Favre will end back up in Green Bay. They won't take the gamble and send him to the Vikings. Even Tampa is too much of a risk being that they play head to head this year AND they're both in the NFC.

If they can't find a two party agreeable suitor, then Favre remains a Packer. Plain and simple.

PromoTheRobot
07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
BWAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAHHHAAH!!!!!
let me catch my breath
BWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHA!!!!
and furthermore...
BWAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHA!!!!!

PTR

SABURZFAN
07-25-2008, 03:51 PM

i feel bad for the Rodgers kid. what if Green Bay doesn't get rid of Favre?

HAMMER
07-25-2008, 03:54 PM
If Favre goes somewhere else and has to learn a new playbook I think he will struggle. I would love for him to go to the Jets, it would make those snoozers more interesting.

PromoTheRobot
07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
If Favre goes somewhere else and has to learn a new playbook I think he will struggle. I would love for him to go to the Jets, it would make those snoozers more interesting.
What it will do is make the media go ape$chitt declaring the Jets a Super Bowl contender. Then when they are 0-6, and Favre starts blaming his team for his NFL-record pace for interceptions, the local media and fans will eat him alive.

PTR

HughC
07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
If I'm Green Bay, I don't trade him to Tampa Bay. The two teams play each other this season, and could be battling each other for a playoff spot. They could also meet in the playoffs too. Why take the risk of trading Favre to a team that could knock you out of the playoffs?

I can see them trading Favre to the Jets, and I can see the Jets wanting to make that deal. For Green Bay, at the very least he's out of the NFC, and it might make Favre want to retire. For the Jets, now they have a QB to go with all the free agent offensive lineman they paid so much for. Tannenbaum and Mangini might be on the hot seat if they don't produce, so they're looking at this as a 'we need to win this year' situation. The Jets have always been over shadowed by the Giants, even more so now after last year's super bowl. And Favre will generate fan interest to help sell PSL's for the new stadium. They might have to restructure his contract - I believe the Jets are about $8 mil under but Favre's current contract is about $12 mil - but it's not so far off that it's not workable. Just do it and get it over with.

ublinkwescore
07-25-2008, 09:26 PM

I must strongly beg to differ - the jets will not make the playoffs, and will probably split with the dolphins if they're lucky.

feelthepain
07-26-2008, 02:58 AM
Buffalo/Green Bay
Small Market
Cold Weather
and i would say the bills are as good as the pack, but just in the wrong conference..

welcome brett..

:shocked::wtf: :crazy: :lmao::roflmao:

jaymitch84
07-26-2008, 01:13 PM

Wwwwwhaaat?

Now that's just silly!

Mr. Pink
07-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Favre would only have interest in playing for a team he thinks is a legitimate SB contender.

No one outside of New England in the AFCE is a SB contender. Actually in the AFC you only have 3 true SB contender teams, Pats, Chargers, Colts. They're all stocked with QBs. So don't expect Favre to be in an AFC uniform this year.

HughC
07-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Favre would only have interest in playing for a team he thinks is a legitimate SB contender.

No one outside of New England in the AFCE is a SB contender. Actually in the AFC you only have 3 true SB contender teams, Pats, Chargers, Colts. They're all stocked with QBs. So don't expect Favre to be in an AFC uniform this year.

If Favre is only willing to play for a legitimate SB contender, then he needs a reality check. It's very rare that a team can be considered a preseason SB contender and also need a QB at the same time.

Besides, it's not Favre's decision to make; it's the Green Bay front office's decision. He doesn't get to decide where he goes just because he's Brett Favre. The Green Bay FO is under no obligation to trade him to his dream team. The only obligation the Green Bay FO has is to do what is right for the Packers' organization. If that means trading him to the Jets, then that is what they should do.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
If Favre is only willing to play for a legitimate SB contender, then he needs a reality check. It's very rare that a team can be considered a preseason SB contender and also need a QB at the same time.

Besides, it's not Favre's decision to make; it's the Green Bay front office's decision. He doesn't get to decide where he goes just because he's Brett Favre. The Green Bay FO is under no obligation to trade him to his dream team. The only obligation the Green Bay FO has is to do what is right for the Packers' organization. If that means trading him to the Jets, then that is what they should do.

It is completely Favre's decision. You miss that. All Favre has to do is say "I will retire if you trade for me." Are you gonna trade for him then if he says that? Green Bay has zero leverage in this. If they want to trade him, they're gonna have to trade him somewhere that Favre will agree to play, especially with what they want.

Favre isn't gonna wanna sit on a team going nowhere just to play, he's gonna wanna go somewhere that can win and win now. That's why he first started his "i'm gonna retire" bs a few years back.

HughC
07-26-2008, 04:01 PM
It is completely Favre's decision. You miss that. All Favre has to do is say "I will retire if you trade for me." Are you gonna trade for him then if he says that? Green Bay has zero leverage in this. If they want to trade him, they're gonna have to trade him somewhere that Favre will agree to play, especially with what they want.

Favre isn't gonna wanna sit on a team going nowhere just to play, he's gonna wanna go somewhere that can win and win now. That's why he first started his "i'm gonna retire" bs a few years back.
I think that the Green Bay front office would be very happy if Favre decided to retire again if he was traded. If their main consideration was picking up draft picks in a trade, they would have traded him a year or two ago.

Now that Favre has changed his mind and wants to play again, they want to avoid having him help another team that they are competing for the division title with (Vikings) or a wild card spot (Bucs) that they also face this season. A second consideration is avoiding scrutiny of their decision to trade him, and comparisons of his performance to Rodgers'.

If I'm Ted Thompson or another member of Green Bay's FO, the best case scenario is for Favre to retire - preferably due to changing his mind again, but if not, then because of his new address. If that cannot be accomplished, then I want him on a team that will create the least amount of second guessing and finger pointing, which would be an AFC team that is unlikely to make the playoffs - such as the Jets.

I understand and respect your viewpoint, but I think the Packer's motivation goes deeper than simply getting the best draft picks for him.

djjimkelly
07-26-2008, 05:13 PM

favre isnt dumb why would u goto a team that has no chance of winning division when the patriots have the division locked up

njsue
07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Favre will only play for a legitimate contender. Gangreen is eon's from being close to that.