PDA

View Full Version : If peters holds out...

Tatonka
07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
he will get hurt.

happens every time.

mark it down.

and if he goes down, so does our season.

thanks peters.

:drama:

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Hmmm..
Maybe drafting Brandon Albert, I think a guy who is going to be the next Peters, wouldn't have been such a bad idea afterall.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
he will get hurt.

happens every time.

mark it down.

and if he goes down, so does our season.

thanks peters.

:drama:

You're right about that.. if he doesnt play and/or he goes down, our season goes down as well. He's THAT important to this team, IMO.

Tatonka
07-25-2008, 02:14 PM
i hope the bills dont sign him to a new deal.. then when he does come back (because he will come back this season at some point regardless) and he gets hurt, his contract demands can suck a fat one while he is having acl surgery or something like that..

he is screwing himself.. he is going to be out of shape and conditioning.. get hurt and not get paid.. good idea.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:17 PM
If the Bills dont sign him to a new deal and by some chance he doesnt come back until Week 10.. We'll be lucky if our record isn't 3-6.

Our offense is garbage with Chambers starting at Left Tackle.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Id like for you to do one of two things..<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
1) Name me four better OT in the NFL you’d rather him in his place, regardless of price. OR<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
2) Tell me why he doesn’t deserved to get paid like one of the top five OT in the league. He’s going into his 5<SUP>th</SUP> NFL season and this is the time where his value is at its highest. He’s also still young and just hitting his prime, so an investment in him solidifies <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City>’s blinside for years to come (his extension two years ago was when he was a right tackle, a total different market)<o:p></o:p>

Tatonka
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
pat.. i dont care about that.. i am not disagreeing with you.. he is a top 5 LT in the nfl..

it is the way he is going about it.. you show upto work and voice what you need to.. the bills know how valuable he is.. but you dont just stop showing up for work when your asking your boss for a raise.. sorry.. even if he doesnt want to play, because he could get hurt, he should be at camp standing on teh sidelines..

you dont stop working and ask for more money.. you keep working and say "see how good i am, i deserve more".

Jan Reimers
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
I kind of feel like the great Branch Rickey felt when Ralph Kiner was asking the Pirates for a raise. To paraphrase:

We missed the playoffs last year with you. We can certainly miss them this year without you.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
pat.. i dont care about that.. i am not disagreeing with you.. he is a top 5 LT in the nfl..

it is the way he is going about it.. you show upto work and voice what you need to.. the bills know how valuable he is.. but you dont just stop showing up for work when your asking your boss for a raise.. sorry.. even if he doesnt want to play, because he could get hurt, he should be at camp standing on teh sidelines..

you dont stop working and ask for more money.. you keep working and say "see how good i am, i deserve more".
I dont' disagree with your sentiments. He should be here showing good faith, I don't disagree with you at all there. I think he's doing it the wrong way as well.. My only thought is he must feel it wouldn't matter and we're not paying him what he thinks he deserves.

I've lost respect for him as well. But the bottom line, is we have to pay him.. We just have too.

If we don't, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye.. IMO, that's the reality.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
If Peters holds out...we move Parrish to LT. Problem solved

ddaryl
07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
i hope the bills dont sign him to a new deal.. then when he does come back (because he will come back this season at some point regardless) and he gets hurt, his contract demands can suck a fat one while he is having acl surgery or something like that..

he is screwing himself.. he is going to be out of shape and conditioning.. get hurt and not get paid.. good idea.

I share your disgust.. and am having a hard time thinking positively about Peters myself.

Philagape
07-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think anyone is happy with Peters' tactics.