• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Schefter: Peters Willing to Sit Out Entire Season

Schefter even claims that Peters is willing to sit out the entire season to get a new and improved contract.

That's no good and shows that Peters camp is not willing to even show up to start the ball rolling.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Schefter: Peters Willing to Sit Out Entire Season

Shefter was on WGR with Howard Simon this morning and said the same thing.. Said that at the least without a new deal he wouldn't report until Week 10, which by that time the Bills season will surely be lost.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• clumping platelets

Let him rot

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        Let him rot
        Yeah, losing makes so much more sense.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Well he would be stupid to do that because he's the one missing out on money. At the same time, the Bills would (again) be a laughing stock because they'll get bad publicity because, really, Peters deserves the money and there are about 28 other teams out there that would pay him.

This is a guy who many teams would want/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Let him rot
            he can rot on his couch but we'll be rotting on the field if he's not there.

This team is ****ed.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

$15,000 fine per day. Seems like a pretty expensive vacation. If his argument is "worth" tell him to go get some money off Kelsay.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Bye, Jason. Have a nice unpaid vacation. See you when you develop a little respect, responsibility or loyalty.

But I won't count on it.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

This is obviously concerning, but I just can't see Peters sitting out until week 10. I feel like every year there are players that make these threats, but when was the last time a player actually sat out the season. I remember Joey Galloway doing it a while back, but it seems like these thing always work themselves out somehow. I could see Peters missing a lot of camp, but I don't see him missing the season. I mean what is he going to do? Sit out for 3 years? I've been all for Peters getting a new deal and I respect him making a point of it, but if he lets this thing get ugly and ruin the season, I'll have no sympathy for him.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Is he going to do that the next three years? What kind of FA contract will he expect after three years of doing nothing?

And, considering he will have not make any money over this three year span because his fines would exceed his pay if he showed up week ten, he would have gained nothing, and lost three years. Compare that to actually working and getting 9ish million.

Or like a smart guy, play one more year, then ask for an extension.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

New contract or not, Peters will be the starting LT on September 7th. Book it.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

can someone answer this.. what if he tries to show up in week 10 and the bills say "no.. you ****ed us up to this point, and now we are having a losing season because your a selfish **** sucker that decided to quit on your teammates, so we really dont want you to play at this point."

does he still get a year of eligability? i mean, all he has to do is show up and not play at week 10 and that counts as a year?

even so, i will let him do that for 3 years.. by then, he is past his prime and out of practice and his career is ruined.

**** him.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• clumping platelets

If Peters reports, then I'm willing to rework his contract

If he continues to hold out, he can go rot..........he will never play again

Bills organization have treated him extremely well since he came here as an UDFA. Bills have a legitimate chance at the playoffs this year and he's putting himself before the team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                            New contract or not, Peters will be the starting LT on September 7th. Book it.
                            it's looking less and less like this will happen. Like everyone is saying, he'll probably just show up in time to get his 8 games in and by that time our season will be hosed.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

If Peters reports, then I'm willing to rework his contract

If he continues to hold out, he can go rot..........he will never play again

Bills organization have treated him extremely well since he came here as an UDFA. Bills have a legitimate chance at the playoffs this year and he's putting himself before the team.

couldnt have said it better. **** him. if he did hold out and **** the team this year, i would love to see him get screwed like lecharles bentley.

the hatred for him in the city of buffalo would be so great for ruining the season that he couldnt even live there.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X