PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Practice Report: Day 1

madness
07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Training camp practices got underway Friday morning and there were several developments on the field that took place aside from the absence of Jason Peters and Leodis McKelvin.
Check back shortly after Buffalo's afternoon practice today (2:15 - 4:05) for more notes.

Where they're lining up
In for Jason Peters at left tackle was Kirk Chambers who was the team's swing tackle last season and started in place of Peters in Week 17 at Philadelphia last season.
"Kirk last year when he was called upon did a real nice job for us and proved to be a real good pickup for us on the field and off," said head coach Dick Jauron. "He fits us. He fits our guys. He likes it here and wants to be part of it and when called on last year did a nice job and we're confident."
At tight end Robert Royal was on the field and participated fully in 7-on-7 work coming off of offseason knee surgery. He and Derek Schouman lined up in two tight end sets with the first unit. But Royal's participation in 11-on-11 work was very limited as it appears they're easing the veteran back into scrimmage work.
Courtney Anderson was the next tight end in the rotation.
Josh Reed was on the outside at receiver with the first unit as the offense stayed mainly in their base formation the entire practice. James Hardy and Roscoe Parrish primarily worked with the second unit.
On the defensive side of the ball with Kyle Williams excused for the birth of his second child, John McCargo stepped into the starting lineup at right defensive tackle next to Marcus Stroud. Other than that everything remained the same with the starting defense as it was in the spring.
At center Melvin Fowler got most of the first team reps, but was relieved on occasion by Duke Preston. It's likely due to the fact that Fowler is coming off of offseason shoulder surgery.

Click on the link for 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 results...

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6256

DrGraves
07-25-2008, 02:27 PM
get in camp *******

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:37 PM
What f'n nice job did Chambers do last year???

HHURRICANE
07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Kirk Chambers got man-handled so Jauron is full of BS.

The Spaz
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Kirk Chambers got man-handled so Jauron is full of BS.

Well a coach isn't going to say "he sucked balls"...lol

madness
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
...in other words.. "the backup didn't get the QB killed."

Jauron even called it like we saw it. "and proved to be a real good pickup for us on the field and off."

A pickup isn't a starting caliber player so you shouldn't expect him to play like one.

I guess the usual crowd has to make a stink about something. :idunno:

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I always call it like I see it.

Chambers SUCKED when he stepped in for Peters.. He blows..

My single biggest beef this entire offseason is we did nothing to upgrade our OL depth.. it's by FAR the biggest weakness on this roster.

If Peters doesn't play, or even if he does, if he or any OL go down for a long stretch of time, we're done.

I don't think there is one backup OL on this team, not even one-- that can come in and keep things going if any starter isn't in the lineup.

Preston, Whittle and Chambers.. Give me a break..

chambers is a turd.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Come on guys, Jauron isn't going to give the Peters' camp anymore ammunition by saying something like "Chambers is just terrible, and we really need Jason Peters."

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Come on guys, Jauron isn't going to give the Peters' camp anymore ammunition by saying something like "Chambers is just terrible, and we really need Jason Peters."
I understand why Jauron would say that. He has to