X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

OK OK.. just thought of a positive on the Peters deal

SO.. if your the bills.. they could do it this way.. Peters holds some power here because clearly the bills need a LT.

BUT the bills also hold some power here because they could chose to ruin Peters career if they really wanted to.

that being said, i think they could use this situation to get a more reasonable deal.

they dont have to pay him like the top LT in the league... they just need to give him enough of a bump to be a top 10 LT or so.. im sure peters wants to get back to work just as much as the bills want him too.. i can see both sides.. so why wouldnt he take a little less just to get things done? i doubt he holds out to be the highest paid LT ever. not in his situation.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: OK OK.. just thought of a positive on the Peters deal

Originally posted by Tatonka
    i doubt he holds out to be the highest paid LT ever. not in his situation.
    Unless he's basing his worth on his Madden '09 rating.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by madness
      Unless he's basing his worth on his Madden '09 rating.
      There are lots of 97's in Madden, just not on the lines.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

No way does Jason Peters take anything less than what Dockery got. And we are screwed because of that.

Jason will more than likely play out his contract and refuse to negotiate with Buffalo when he is a FA. Then we are back at square 1 where we would still be if he wasn't even here.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Bump him up slightly and then front load his contract in the form of a signing bonus.

The Bills did this with Stroud this spring. He also had 3 years left on his deal and was fine with it.

Quite frankly, in the cap age I'm not worried about whether Peters will sign with us again in 3 years. One year at a time. That's the nature of the business. The draft and FA is there for a reason and turnover is expected on all 32 teams.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

If I'm Brandon...

I may consider an extension to 2013... But I'd make him honor the remaining 3 years of his contract... With just 1 concession.

1) For his remaining 3 years... I'd write in a $5M escalator for the next time he makes the pro bowl. That gives him the opportunity to earn an additional $15M over the next 3 years.

2) For his extended 3 years... He gets A $10M signing bonus + $4M in 2011, $9M in 2012 and $12M IN 2013.

In essence... It would be a 6 year $45M deal with $10M guaranteed and an additional $15M likely to be earned = 6 year $60M.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
            Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X