PDA

View Full Version : Trent is trying to get better. Unlike JP.

Mitchell55
07-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Not trying to knock JP but Trent is going to Evans in South Florida just to work on getting a rythm. Same with Hardy when they would work on outside posts together. We never heard this from JP. Trent seems to be very involved in getting to know the recievers and to build a chemistry with them. This is the 1st QB that actually cares more about football and goes the extra mile to become better.

mayotm
07-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I agree that it's great that Trent has gone out of his way to put in extra work with the receivers. However, people can knock JP for a lot of things, his work ethic is not one of them.

Mitchell55
07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I agree that it's great that Trent has gone out of his way to put in extra work with the receivers. However, people can knock JP for a lot of things, his work ethic is not one of them.

He does work hard when he IS SUPPOSED TO WORK. But doesnt try to get better. You dont see him taking extra time at all. He needs it more than trent.

SABURZFAN
07-26-2008, 06:20 PM
:movie:

camelcowboy
07-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Let's kick the hornets nest some more.

Mad Max
07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
JP tried plenty hard to succeed, as did Rob Johnson and Flutie.
They all tried valiantly. Fault them for anything else, just don't fault their effort.

Mitchy moo
07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
They all tried valiantly. Fault them for anything else, just don't fault their effort.

I fault the management's decision to put RJ in for a team that won all year with Flutie. Flutie lead us to extra time & they handed the ball to a neophite like RJ, bad move there.

camelcowboy
07-26-2008, 09:51 PM
I fault the management's decision to put RJ in for a team that won all year with Flutie. Flutie lead us to extra time & they handed the ball to a neophite like RJ, bad move there.
yeah, I forgot RJ played on the kick off coverage team against the Titans :rolleyes:

Coach Sal
07-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Here is your thread title:

Trent is trying to get better. Unlike JP.

Then you write this in the very first sentence:

Not trying to knock JP but....

Hmmmm.

Mitchy moo
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah, I forgot RJ played on the kick off coverage team against the Titans :rolleyes:

Him playing at all after doing little during the regular season was a joke.
It isolated Flutie & help divide a talented team at the worst time, regardless of the outcome.

camelcowboy
07-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Him playing at all after doing little during the regular season was a joke.
It isolated Flutie & help divide a talented team at the worst time, regardless of the outcome.Rojo has a superbowl ring :up: Flutie has his hail mary. Let it go!

Mitchy moo
07-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Rojo has a superbowl ring :up: Flutie has his hail mary. Let it go!

RJ might of had 2 from the bench if not for Wade trying to get cute.

SquishDaFish
07-26-2008, 10:20 PM
People need to let it rest already. JP is still apart of this team how about support him and the Bills seeing he still IS A BILL? :idunno:

Mr. Pink
07-26-2008, 10:54 PM
People need to let it rest already. JP is still apart of this team how about support him and the Bills seeing he still IS A BILL? :idunno:

So is Hamdan, and I'd rather see him on the field.

Just because you're a fan of a team doesn't mean you have to like every player.

Were you a fan of Tim Anderson? Bruce Mathison? Erik Flowers? Mike Williams? Bucky Brooks? etc..

Mitchy moo
07-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Tim Anderson? Bruce Mathison? Erik Flowers? Mike Williams? Bucky Brooks?

All :poop: .

SquishDaFish
07-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Im a fan of ANYONE who plays for the Bills. (Except Fat Ass Tim Anderson) LOL

Mr. Pink
07-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Im a fan of ANYONE who plays for the Bills. (Except Fat Ass Tim Anderson) LOL

I regard JP in the same light as you do Fat Ass Anderson!

kinigirly
07-26-2008, 11:17 PM
grief not this already its still july. you guys pick on jp like he's the nerd that sits on the gym stairs with lice that no one wants to pick on their kickball team. just leave him alone until if and when he has to play. if he plays poorly then he is fair game to be ridiculed. until then stop being 5th graders and let him do his job of warming up lee, lynch, parrish and have a decent day without being reminded of the results of the past season, which i'm sure he thinks about every single day.

Mahdi
07-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Flutie tried and succeeded actually.

Mitchy moo
07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
if he plays poorly then he is fair game to be ridiculed

Have you been in a coma for several years? We have been trapped in the bottom 5 in the league.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
grief not this already its still july. you guys pick on jp like he's the nerd that sits on the gym stairs with lice that no one wants to pick on their kickball team. just leave him alone until if and when he has to play. if he plays poorly then he is fair game to be ridiculed. until then stop being 5th graders and let him do his job of warming up lee, lynch, parrish and have a decent day without being reminded of the results of the past season, which i'm sure he thinks about every single day.

I hope he has nightmares about it every night because he set this franchise back years for not playing up to the potential Donahoe somehow saw.

kinigirly
07-26-2008, 11:25 PM
somehow i think he does. he overthinks on the field and can't think straight to read the field, so i'm gonna guess he overthinks in his sleep too

Mitchy moo
07-26-2008, 11:27 PM
somehow i think he does. he overthinks on the field and can't think straight to read the field, so i'm gonna guess he overthinks in his sleep too

Just like a anxiety ridden towel boy.

ddaryl
07-27-2008, 07:30 AM

I agree...

this thread is a complete joke., accept for those pointing out that its a complete joke.

acehole
07-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Not trying to knock JP but Trent is going to Evans in South Florida just to work on getting a rythm. Same with Hardy when they would work on outside posts together. We never heard this from JP. Trent seems to be very involved in getting to know the recievers and to build a chemistry with them. This is the 1st QB that actually cares more about football and goes the extra mile to become better.

He never had to because he (JP) had rythem with Lee.
Trent has a lot of work to do to be an all around qb.
He seems to be on right track.,....

We shall see.

TacklingDummy
07-27-2008, 11:58 AM

JP was busy picking up trash on the streets of Buffalo. Can't knock him for being busy. Unlike Lynch and Hardy, JP did something positive for the community with his free time.

Mitchy moo
07-27-2008, 12:31 PM
JP was busy picking up trash on the streets of Buffalo. Can't knock him for being busy. Unlike Lynch and Hardy, JP did something positive for the community with his free time.

I think Hardy goes to children's hospital every wednesday, so let's not lump him in anyways.

OpIv37
07-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Before the first season that JP was supposed to start (2005 I believe), he took one month off at the end of the season, then he was in Buffalo by late February/early March going over tape and working with any other players that were in town.

Granted, it didn't do him much good, but it wasn't for lack of effort.

bluerosekiller
07-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Different stokes for different folks.

While Losman's efforts for the community are admirable, Trent's focus seems to be 110% geared toward football. Which, at the end of the day, certainly seems to be the more desirable trait of the two.

DrGraves
07-27-2008, 01:26 PM
if you're a bills fan then you better be on board the trent train... if you like jp thats great but you better put your support behind our STARting qb

acehole
07-27-2008, 05:10 PM
if you're a bills fan then you better be on board the trent train... if you like jp thats great but you better put your support behind our STARting qb

i will be on thr trent train when it goes somwhere.

SquishDaFish
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM

Im on the TRAIN of Supoorting EVERY BILLS PLAYER!! Not just one

trapezeus
07-27-2008, 06:41 PM
i will be on thr trent train when it goes somwhere.

I respect that statement and it makes sense. however, there are people who are still on the losman train even thought it went no where.

and they treat it like the rodgers favre situation. we're not tossing a legend to the side. we are moving a failure to the side and letting the next guy show his stuff. i can't understand why this is so complicated for a few.

Tatonka
07-27-2008, 07:09 PM
hey guys.. i just want to remind everyone that trent edwards has a history of getting hurt and has only made it through one season in college or the nfl without getting knocked out for multiple games..

point being that there is a very good possibility that JP is starting again.

Novacane
07-27-2008, 07:43 PM
JP tried hard. He can't help it he sucks.

HHURRICANE
07-27-2008, 08:01 PM
JP didn't suck for lack of trying.

However, everything I've read thus far makes me think that we'd better hope for an injury free season for Trent.

SquishDaFish
07-27-2008, 08:28 PM
I respect that statement and it makes sense. however, there are people who are still on the losman train even thought it went no where.

and they treat it like the rodgers favre situation. we're not tossing a legend to the side. we are moving a failure to the side and letting the next guy show his stuff. i can't understand why this is so complicated for a few.

Its not a matter of being on the JP train. Its a matter of being on the BUFFALO BILLS TRAIN! Give it a damn break already. Root for the ******* BILLS and whomever they decide to play.

acehole
07-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Not complicated...just need to see more.
I am not one for hype vs results.

For the record everyone now knows the JP Train never had a good track many cars to choose from or conductor....

Crisis
07-27-2008, 08:55 PM
inb4djjimkelly

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 09:07 AM
So is Hamdan, and I'd rather see him on the field.

Just because you're a fan of a team doesn't mean you have to like every player.

Were you a fan of Tim Anderson? Bruce Mathison? Erik Flowers? Mike Williams? Bucky Brooks? etc..
no one is saying you have to like every player, but what you don't have to do is start blasting one player in preference of the other and start crap all over again.

THis thread is stupid.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
no one is saying you have to like every player, but what you don't have to do is start blasting one player in preference of the other and start crap all over again.

I have every right as a fan of the team to prefer who I want and voice that opinion.

Hell, you've made it clear that you prefer JP on numerous occasions and blast players.

But that's ok for you right?

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 09:21 AM
I have every right as a fan of the team to prefer who I want and voice that opinion.

Hell, you've made it clear that you prefer JP on numerous occasions and blast players.

But that's ok for you right?
LIke I said, you don't have to start another thread about it since it's been done several times. As for me preferring JP, you are obviously clueless as usual.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
LIke I said, you don't have to start another thread about it since it's been done several times. As for me preferring JP, you are obviously clueless as usual.

What thread did I start again?

And I'm the clueless one... :rofl:

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
What thread did I start again?

And I'm the clueless one... :rofl:
Did I say you started it?I as speaking in general. DUH!!!!

Mr. Pink
07-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Did I say you started it?I as speaking in general. DUH!!!!

Okay, again, what thread did I start?

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Okay, again, what thread did I start?
let me dumb it further for you " people should not start another thread about this" crap because it's already there? Better ?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=156910

Mr. Pink
07-28-2008, 09:30 AM

I highlighted the word for you, so you can understand it better.

In a response to a post of mine that is what YOU said.

Again, proving you're just as clueless as always.

See when I use you when responding to someone I refer to that person, which is usually the way it works. Apparently YOU cannot comprehend it.

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 09:33 AM
I highlighted the word for you, so you can understand it better.

In a response to a post of mine that is what YOU said.

Again, proving you're just as clueless as always.

See when I use you when responding to someone I refer to that person, which is usually the way it works. Apparently YOU cannot comprehend it.

you obvioulsy didn't start the thread so I thought you knew I was speaking in general. MY bad, I thought you were smart enough to read between the lines. I guess not.

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 09:40 AM
jp tried plenty hard to make things work here and put in the extra time. anyone who says otherwise is full of ****. it just didnt work out. he wasnt good enough. especially to overcome horrible coaches and a lack of talent around him. brett farve probably wouldnt have succeeded under the circumstances that jp was put in most of his career here.. but he spent every offseason in bufffalo working with players and studying. he worked hard to try and make it work. it just didnt. and people can **** on him now, but there is a very real possibility that he may end up starting for the bills again this year...

because, while jp sucks, trent edwards is fragile as a china doll. always has been. he cant stay healthy.. people can argue about his arm strength. i dont really care about that.. brady doesnt have an incredibly strong arm either, but he gets it done.. i like what i see of trent other than the fact that he gets hurt and without stability at the qb position, the team will never go anywhere. this year could turn into another circus if trent comes out and chips a nail and is out for 3 weeks and jp wins a couple games.

you guys should be happy that we have a back up with some experience. jp is better than most backsup at least. and we are probably going to need him.. especially since peters is being a douche and will hold out probably just long enough to come back and get hurt too.

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Until Trent actually hooks up with Evans like JP did in 06 in regular season or at least achieves what JP did in 06, there's nothing anyone here can say .

JP's work ethic is well documented and I applaud Trent for doing the same and hope we have two good qb's.

I understand that the thread starter is just a kid so a little patience is needed. But the others....

trapezeus
07-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Its not a matter of being on the JP train. Its a matter of being on the BUFFALO BILLS TRAIN! Give it a damn break already. Root for the ******* BILLS and whomever they decide to play.

you seem to be working your self up for no reason. I am just questioning why Losman fans can't just give it a rest and let a new QB come in and show his stuff. I root for the Bills and as a result, i can't possibly stand behind a guy who has shown to be unreliable and a poor decisionmaker. if he has to come in for games this year, yeah, i'll root for him. But i won't be stupid enough to expect anything out of him.

there is a difference.

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM
you seem to be working your self up for no reason. I am just questioning why Losman fans can't just give it a rest and let a new QB come in and show his stuff. I root for the Bills and as a result, i can't possibly stand behind a guy who has shown to be unreliable and a poor decisionmaker. if he has to come in for games this year, yeah, i'll root for him. But i won't be stupid enough to expect anything out of him.

there is a difference.
I understand your stance but Trent hasn't exactly done anything either. My stance is , let them fight it out but I also know it's not gonna happen.

The coaches have annointed Trent and I can only hope they are right this time because the coaches were wrong in keeping RJ over DF. I realize it's not the same coaches but Dick hasn't had much success in making offensive decisions his entire career and Turk is a rookie OC.

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 10:14 AM

there is a difference.

um, what "losman fans" arent giving it a rest?

seems that a "trent fan" was the one who started the thread and just took the opportunity to bring jp into this.

he is a nonfactor.. he is the back up qb until trent goes down.. when that happens, then the jp conversation will come back.

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
um, what "losman fans" arent giving it a rest?

seems that a "trent fan" was the one who started the thread and just took the opportunity to bring jp into this.. Word!

he is a nonfactor.. he is the back up qb until trent goes down.. when that happens, then the jp conversation will come back.
I have a feeling some people here will wish for him to fail even if it meant the team going down as well so they can say "I told you so"

Mr. Pink
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Word!

I have a feeling some people here will wish for him to fail even if it meant the team going down as well so they can say "I told you so"

I'll give you a very good reason why some people might think this. An extremely good reason actually.

Hypothetical situation....

Say Trent goes down week 7 for 3 weeks. JP comes in and plays light out. I never being one of those guys who thinks the starter should lose their job to injury say Trent comes back in to play week 11. He struggles for 3 weeks and players/fans/coaches start pushing for JP to play. JP comes in and plays OK for 3 games.

We've now opened a pandoras box of problems. Everyone knows that JP, based on his entire body of work, isn't good enough to cut it. But now an injury has somewhat skewed people's opinions of him against their better judgement. In a league of what have you done for me lately this happens often.

Kelly Holcomb got himself into a starting job based on one game really as an example.

So now, we're seriously and heavily contemplating bringing back a guy who's already set the franchise back years based on a few games of good play vs an entire body of downright putrid play.

So in the end, which is worse? Hoping the team performs poorly for a few games or having to deal with a guy that simply isn't good enough for a few more years?

Very easy to see why someone would want JP to fail if he goes under Center this year.

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll give you a very good reason why some people might think this. An extremely good reason actually.

Hypothetical situation....

Say Trent goes down week 7 for 3 weeks. JP comes in and plays light out. I never being one of those guys who thinks the starter should lose their job to injury say Trent comes back in to play week 11. He struggles for 3 weeks and players/fans/coaches start pushing for JP to play. JP comes in and plays OK for 3 games.

We've now opened a pandoras box of problems. Everyone knows that JP, based on his entire body of work, isn't good enough to cut it. But now an injury has somewhat skewed people's opinions of him against their better judgement. In a league of what have you done for me lately this happens often.

Kelly Holcomb got himself into a starting job based on one game really as an example.

So now, we're seriously and heavily contemplating bringing back a guy who's already set the franchise back years based on a few games of good play vs an entire body of downright putrid play.

So in the end, which is worse? Hoping the team performs poorly for a few games or having to deal with a guy that simply isn't good enough for a few more years?

Very easy to see why someone would want JP to fail if he goes under Center this year.
IN that hypothetical scenario, you just turned Trent into a Turd who wouldn't cut it either.

Team first. I want the best players on the field.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
IN that hypothetical scenario, you just turned Trent into a Turd who wouldn't cut it either.

Team first. I want the best players on the field.

I turned him into what I expect, some flashes of brilliance, some stumbling. He's gonna have growing pains. I'm hopeful he stays healthy all year and gets all the snaps to see what we got at the end of the year with him though.

I know what we have in JP...it's not good enough.

If Edwards sucks up the joint...well then, he's not good enough.

And then? We need to go a different direction to get to that next level.

Edwards not taking all the snaps might mean we won't know if he's good enough or not. Which is a bad thing. Seeing we could go into another year of having a question mark at the QB position position. Very much bad.

trapezeus
07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
i agree, this post started out to incite the flames. however, as we've discussed, JP's time here is over. he isn't a solution. For people to say, "if he gets on that field, he'll show us something new" is a little ridiculous. He has had a bunch of opportunities to show us that he is the best. He hasn't done that at all. If he comes in, i'll root for him but won't expect much.

FunTimes has laid it out well with his hypothetical. JP has to prove now that he's a capable backup to NFL teams because no NFL team took him in a trade. The bills would have sent him packing if they had a better deal. Even if JP has a game or two that shows promise, he's shown that he can't sustain it.

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 11:02 AM
so jp can not get any better than he was last year? you expect growing pains from edwards, but after the 3rd year, an nfl qb has reached a ceiling and could never redeem themselves for a poor start to their career?

i mean this is clearly the most talented team the bills have had since jp has been here no? im not saying he isnt a bad qb up to this point.. but to say his time here is done is a little premature considering there are a lot of women that take a hit better than trent.

im just saying.. in your scenario, funtimes, jp plays lights out for 3 games, you play the guy that is playing lights out.. unless trent was lights out before in the 7 games.. then it is up to the coach and that is why they get millions a year to be the coach.

trapezeus
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
so jp can not get any better than he was last year? you expect growing pains from edwards, but after the 3rd year, an nfl qb has reached a ceiling and could never redeem themselves for a poor start to their career?

i mean this is clearly the most talented team the bills have had since jp has been here no? im not saying he isnt a bad qb up to this point.. but to say his time here is done is a little premature considering there are a lot of women that take a hit better than trent.

im just saying.. in your scenario, funtimes, jp plays lights out for 3 games, you play the guy that is playing lights out.. unless trent was lights out before in the 7 games.. then it is up to the coach and that is why they get millions a year to be the coach.

His time is up because he's mentally fragile. He can't handle the ups and downs of a regular season. He's been through a lot in his time with the Bills. He is not going to get whatever it is that he needs to develop into a consistant QB here. JP may very well get better, but its going to require a break from the bills. Perhaps playing in a bad division to work his confidence up, and to be given the freedom to improvise more.

He'll never get that in buffalo. And he's got the pressure of failing to hold onto the starting job multiple times.

Also, my opinion on JP is that he's not even marginally close to being a real starting QB that a team can build on. He has shown the traits of being a journeyman, solely because he was a first round pick. If he didn't have that, he'd be out of the league in the next 2 years.

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 11:16 AM
maybe your right..

maybe not.. we will probably find out this season, unless trent finds a way to do something that he has never been able to do either.. stay on the field.

trapezeus
07-28-2008, 11:17 AM
agreed. time will tell.
i know the knock on Trent is his inability to stay on the field. Hopefully, he gets his chance to prove that the changes he made will keep him on the field. Furthermore, hopefully th ebills gets peters back to ensure his safety.

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
agreed. time will tell.
i know the knock on Trent is his inability to stay on the field. Hopefully, he gets his chance to prove that the changes he made will keep him on the field. Furthermore, hopefully th ebills gets peters back to ensure his safety.

agreed.. hopefully everything works out well.. because it sucked watching the bills offense suck balls so much last year.. i like some things i see in trent for sure, but there are also some serious questions about him as well.. either way, be it trent or jp, i just want someone to do well at qb.. i really could care less who it is.. .

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
I turned him into what I expect, some flashes of brilliance, some stumbling. He's gonna have growing pains. I'm hopeful he stays healthy all year and gets all the snaps to see what we got at the end of the year with him though.

I know what we have in JP...it's not good enough.

If Edwards sucks up the joint...well then, he's not good enough.

And then? We need to go a different direction to get to that next level.

Edwards not taking all the snaps might mean we won't know if he's good enough or not. Which is a bad thing. Seeing we could go into another year of having a question mark at the QB position position. Very much bad.
If Trent sucks up the joint I want JP to come in and light it up. I want the team to win.

Under your hypothetical scenario, should Trent suck I won't worry much about the qb cnttroversy because I'll be busy blasting the coaches decisions with the qb situation.

Anyone else who would rather see the back up qb fail is not a team fan but a player fan.

justasportsfan
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
i agree, this post started out to incite the flames. however, as we've discussed, JP's time here is over. he isn't a solution. For people to say, "if he gets on that field, he'll show us something new" is a little ridiculous. He has had a bunch of opportunities to show us that he is the best. He hasn't done that at all. If he comes in, i'll root for him but won't expect much.

FunTimes has laid it out well with his hypothetical. JP has to prove now that he's a capable backup to NFL teams because no NFL team took him in a trade. The bills would have sent him packing if they had a better deal. Even if JP has a game or two that shows promise, he's shown that he can't sustain it.

I don't care what happens with JP after the season I just want them to win regardless of who the qb is. I never wished for Rob to fail, I expecially won't wish for JP to fail should he come in.

SABURZFAN
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
If Trent sucks up the joint I want JP to come in and light it up. I want the team to win.

Under your hypothetical scenario, should Trent suck I won't worry much about the qb cnttroversy because I'll be busy blasting the coaches decisions with the qb situation.

Anyone else who would rather see the back up qb fail is not a team fan but a player fan.

we've been waiting how long for him to light it up?

sounds like an "i told you so" type thing.

anybody who would rather see a QB in there, to repeatedly lose, should have their head examined too.

acehole
07-28-2008, 05:29 PM

This is all very silly.

JP did not have what is needed to run an offense period.
He had some of the pieces in 2006 and did well.
He did not in 2007 and did not. He does not need to prove
somthing new... just give him like any other qb needs weapons
and a plan and he will be fine.

We have all had enough of the JP suck Trent Ewadrds is God post to last a lifetime.

Proof is in the next season and that will tell all and it is upon us.

So the trent is great because he shows up and JP isnt because he doesnt is silly and at best spam.

We shall see.

justasportsfan
07-29-2008, 08:31 AM
anybody who would rather see a QB in there, to repeatedly lose, should have their head examined too.
I agree which is why I think people who would wish for their qb to fail and their team to lose should see a sports shrink.