X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsPride12
    • Dec 2004

BILLS FANS MUST READ

I am so pumped up for the opener but I was going to check out our opponent alittle bit and stumbled upon this http://www.seahawks.com/12Zone/12Zone.aspx?id=68058 I would really like all of you guys and especially the ones that attend the Bills games on here to read this real quick. They have a whole bunch of stuff on their website about how they have the best fans in the NFL, the best homefield advantage, the loudest homefield, and they take claim as the 12th Man of the NFL. This is supported by some decibal test and they have the most false start penalties at Qwest field since 2005. Now I am not denying they have great fans, but to me I take this personally. Now I know we haven't had too much to cheer for over the last decade or so, but now that it seems like we finally have a team that is ready to compete we as fans have to bring back Ralph Wilson stadium as the most feared place to play in the NFL. I'll never forget how intense the atmosphere was back in the early 90's, remember even Dan Marino said on national tv how Buffalo was the hardest place he ever had to play in. We need to do everything we can to make Buffalo that sacred homefield advantage again.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: BILLS FANS MUST READ

Seattle is a city filled with fair weather fans....

Sure they have some diehards, but it is nothing like Buffalo... I know I live here, and the passion of Seattle fans doesn't come even remotely close to that passion of a Bills fan....

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Well....indoor stadiums are louder. It's just plain physics. Big whoop. Bills fans are way more badass. I hear Philly is also a nasty place to play. Seattle can make all the claims they want, but a few more false starts does not make it a scary place to play. I would like to pit Philly against Buffalo...that would be the top two in my mind.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
        • Feb 2003

Buffalo, Philly and Oakland are the only cities that qualify as "intimidating" in today's neutered NFL. Cleveland used to be up there with the old Dog Pound but they've turned into a bunch of pussy cats from my experience there last December.

When I think Seattle I think of a bunch of hipster douchebags in square rimmed glasses swilling lattes and listening to overrated Grunge. Definitely not hardcore football fans.

Congratulations Seattle ninnies, you have a roof on your stadium to trap noise. Pleased with yourselves?
        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by andyxc71
          Well....indoor stadiums are louder.
          Seattle's stadium isn't indoors. Like it or not, their fans are legitimately loud.

Comment

• HughC
            • Mar 2008

My understanding was that the loudness of Qwest Field was due primarily to the way it was constructed.

Qwest Field has earned a reputation as being the loudest stadium in the NFL. Paul Allen had the architects design the structure of the stadium, especially the roof, to direct as much crowd noise as possible on the field. In addition, the north end zone seating, called the "Hawks Nest", was specifically designed for rowdy fans; the seating consists of metal bleachers which reflect sound, and fans often stomp to create even more.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Sorry, I don't think the Buffalo home crowd is intimidating to other teams.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Confused
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2007

queens, seatle fans, the whole lot of em. We are gonna piss stomp these asspirates on opening day. I cant frucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

wasn't there also discussions last year that they were piping in artificial noise?

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    Seattle is a city filled with fair weather fans....

Sure they have some diehards, but it is nothing like Buffalo... I know I live here, and the passion of Seattle fans doesn't come even remotely close to that passion of a Bills fan....
                    But you don't live in Seattle, so how do you know they have "fair weather fans"? You don't. I'm sure every fan base thinks they're the best. The Seahawks have a lot of history too and their fans have seen a lot of good and bad. I think it's fine you think the Bills the best fans, but to say someone elses team fans are fair weather is clearly not personal knowlodge, it's just an opinion without facts.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                      • Sep 2005

um, miami fan, he does live in Seattle...that's what he was saying....if unsure, look under "Location"

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Let them think that.

Every NFL city thinks they have the best fans in the league, and of course the team's official site is going to say they have the best 12th man. A decibel meter is not the only mention of fan intensity. Wait until they hit a down cycle and have a few 2-14 seasons. Then we'll see what that decibel meter has to say.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                          Buffalo, Philly and Oakland are the only cities that qualify as "intimidating" in today's neutered NFL. Cleveland used to be up there with the old Dog Pound but they've turned into a bunch of pussy cats from my experience there last December.

When I think Seattle I think of a bunch of hipster douchebags in square rimmed glasses swilling lattes and listening to overrated Grunge. Definitely not hardcore football fans.

Congratulations Seattle ninnies, you have a roof on your stadium to trap noise. Pleased with yourselves?
                          Originally posted by andyxc71
                          Well....indoor stadiums are louder. It's just plain physics. Big whoop. Bills fans are way more badass. I hear Philly is also a nasty place to play. Seattle can make all the claims they want, but a few more false starts does not make it a scary place to play. I would like to pit Philly against Buffalo...that would be the top two in my mind.
                          Seattle hasn't played in a domed stadium since 2002. However, there is a partial roof at Qwest Field and I'm not a physicist but there's a good chance that the noise echoes off the roof and that's what makes it louder. I have a hard time believing that any open air stadium would ever be as loud as one with a full or partial roof.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tiburon1724
                            um, miami fan, he does live in Seattle...that's what he was saying....if unsure, look under "Location"

How does that make him an expert on the Seattle fans and if they're fair weather fans? I live in the Philly area and these fans can be called fairweather or hardcore based on if they're winning or losing. But the point is that goes for all fans. I don't care which team you follow.

My point is I think any time someone tries to imply somone or something is better the the Bills, their fans always start throwing out insutls like children rather then giving someone a little credit. If the NFL world spent a second listening to Bill fans everyone in the NFL would SUCK and the Bills would be awesome. He may live in Seattle, but his opinion is bias when it come to the Bills and Seahawks...obviously.

Comment

• BillsPride12
                              • Dec 2004

I think some of you guys are missing the point of why I posted this, this wasn't meant to put down Seattle's fans or their stadium or take away from how loud their stadium can be. It also wasn't a post so we can all stick out our chest's and boast about how great we are, I just wanted people to be aware that we HAVE to get alot louder and start making an impact on the games. I would love to see us in the top 3 opponents false start categories. I would love to see our crowd cause more delay of games and eat up more of the opponents timeouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X