PDA

View Full Version : Whats Different With Our Offense.

patmoran2006
07-27-2008, 11:52 AM
From Chris Brown's Blog
WHAT LOOKS DIFFERENT IN TURK'S OFFENSE: Through the first four practices of camp there are some definite changes that have been made to Buffalo's offense in the passing game.
First there are some west coast staples like timing throws for example. The backs are a lot more involved in the passing game with swing passes and as leak out options from the backfield.
There also seem to be a lot more crossing patterns run by the wideouts which Trent confirmed for me when I asked him about it Friday. There are also more frequent underneath routes with greater use of the tight ends.

patmoran2006
07-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I like the sound of it.

raphael120
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
You mean the **** that we've asked "why aren't we doing more of that?" for all the past 2 seasons long?

acehole
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
As long as it isnt 5 runs to the left followed by a bomb...we will be fine.

From Chris Brown's Blog
WHAT LOOKS DIFFERENT IN TURK'S OFFENSE: Through the first four practices of camp there are some definite changes that have been made to Buffalo's offense in the passing game.
First there are some west coast staples like timing throws for example. The backs are a lot more involved in the passing game with swing passes and as leak out options from the backfield.
There also seem to be a lot more crossing patterns run by the wideouts which Trent confirmed for me when I asked him about it Friday. There are also more frequent underneath routes with greater use of the tight ends.

shelby
07-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Any change is an improvement!

i like that Trent has put some weight on.

patmoran2006
07-27-2008, 12:06 PM
You mean the **** that we've asked "why aren't we doing more of that?" for all the past 2 seasons long?
Exactly.

patmoran2006
07-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Lynch and Jackson are both weapons in the passing game; it would be nice to take advantage of them more.

ddaryl
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
we won't know fir sure if these changes really make a difference until mid-preseason...

However I too am in the "Why the **** haven't we been doing that for the last 2 years" club

OpIv37
07-27-2008, 12:12 PM
As long as it isnt 5 runs to the left followed by a bomb...we will be fine.

well if Peters doesn't show up you can pretty much take runs to the left right out of the playbook.

mayotm
07-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Since there can't be a single thread without mentioning Peters, I'll chime in. Peters will miss the same amount of regular season games due to his holdout as Hardy and Lynch did for their suspensions. You know, the suspensions that numerous posters were convinced they were going to get. I think that number was ZERO.

jmb1099
07-27-2008, 01:41 PM
good stuff. Line up either Jackson or Lynch in the slot, leave the other in the backfield and...

Philagape
07-27-2008, 02:56 PM
But where's the bombs??? BOOOOORRRRRING :insane:

coastal
07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
We don't have a moron running it?

tat2dmike77
07-27-2008, 03:09 PM
No half back pass on the goal line at 3rd and goal WTF!!!

Confused
07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
With losman you know what you will get- A long touchdown throw, A cripling INT, some happy feet and general crap play. To Asschild's credit, he saw this and "dumbed down" the playbook for Jaypee. With The Trent behind center, his lack of experince is more than made up for by his poise and his "internal clock" . That alone would give any OC a huge confidence boost. Couple that to the fact that the Trent is way more accurate in the 5-15 yd range( I could throw better than Japers in this area and I suck) than JP and you can see why Turk is soo happy with trent.
I think we are gonna see alot this year. I cant wait.

tat2dmike77
07-27-2008, 03:16 PM
With losman you know what you will get- A long touchdown throw, A cripling INT, some happy feet and general crap play. To Asschild's credit, he saw this and "dumbed down" the playbook for Jaypee. With The Trent behind center, his lack of experince is more than made up for by his poise and his "internal clock" . That alone would give any OC a huge confidence boost. Couple that to the fact that the Trent is way more accurate in the 5-15 yd range( I could throw better than Japers in this area and I suck) than JP and you can see why Turk is soo happy with trent.
I think we are gonna see alot this year. I cant wait.

Hope your right!