PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap! Evans may get BIG money

X-Era
07-28-2008, 06:50 AM
How in the hell can we pay Evans what hes worth?

Devin Hester just got 4 years 40 million!!!!! For a frikkin returner that MAY be able to play WR!

What the hell does that do to what Evans should get?

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Contracts are getting so bad anymore, but that is the NFL now. Average or a little above average players get PAID these days.

theanswer74
07-28-2008, 07:07 AM

Devin Hester just got 4 years 40 million!!!!! For a frikkin returner that MAY be able to play WR!

Worth UP TO 40 million.

He has to to actually become a good WR to earn the 40 million.

STill going to be a alot of money.

Its really 6 years 40 million. Or 5 years 30 million if he doesn't hit the 10 mil escalators in his final year.

It's an extension of what Hester was making, which was nothing. They didn't rip up the 2 years he had remaining.

SABuffalo786
07-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Professional sports as we know it will be dead within two decades.

OpIv37
07-28-2008, 07:49 AM
I really don't think this is going to have much bearing on Evans' contract because he's more of a returner than a receiver (and the best one currently in the game at that) and because of the escalators.

Like Chris Brown said the other day, Berrian's contract is a better benchmark, and Evans will most likely get something between what Berrian got and what Fitzgerald got.

Honestly, though, this is secondary to Peters. I'd like to see Evans locked up long term, but at least we know he's going to be on the field this year.

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 09:26 AM
i think that it was like 15 million in guarenteed money.

thing is, hester, after 2 years, is like 1 td behind brian mitchells all time nfl record for TDs.. that took mitchell 14 years.

hester is an incredibly special returner. the majority of that money is recognizing that, and obviously, they think he has great potential on offense as well.. but i dont know that it will have a huge impact on lee.

that said.. i would pay lee that if it kept him here with hardy, lynch, and edwards for the next 4 years.

cocamide
07-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Hester's game is completely nullified if teams just kicked it out of bounds.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Hester is a bigger name than Evans. IMO Evans won't get as much money

Mahdi
07-28-2008, 09:45 AM

WTH??? Isnt that what Larry Fitzgerald got?

Tatonka
07-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Hester's game is completely nullified if teams just kicked it out of bounds.

i disagree.. because teams do that all the time, and then they essentially give the bears great field position on a regular basis by just trying to avoid hester.. not all teams have our punter who can kick consistent.. plus chicago is a tough play to place kicks anyway, along with a lot of weather driven cities.. and then beyond that.. on kickoffs, you kick out of bounds and you give the other team the 45 yard line..

hester is huge even if teams are trying to avoid him.

PECKERWOOD
07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I think Hester could make a pretty decent WR too if used properly.. Tell me.. Why couldn't Hester be used like Evans or Ginn Jr. in Miami? Tell him to go deep and throw him the bomb.

Oaf
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
If the Bears were any good, Hester would be league MVP. He singlehandedly won 3 games for the Bears last year. He guarantees opening field position at the 40 for every kickoff and can take to the house in all 3 phases of the game. Hesters worth to the Bears is just as much as Evans worth to us IMO.

How does 6 yrs, 50 mill, 20 mill guaranteed sound? Pretty simple numbers to work around.

X-Era
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I think Hester could make a pretty decent WR too if used properly.. Tell me.. Why couldn't Hester be used like Evans or Ginn Jr. in Miami? Tell him to go deep and throw him the bomb.
its a guess on my part, but if he had hands that were worth a crap, he wouldnt have been a CB in college.

Evans was said to have the best hands on the Bills.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-28-2008, 04:01 PM
i disagree.. because teams do that all the time, and then they essentially give the bears great field position on a regular basis by just trying to avoid hester.. not all teams have our punter who can kick consistent.. plus chicago is a tough play to place kicks anyway, along with a lot of weather driven cities.. and then beyond that.. on kickoffs, you kick out of bounds and you give the other team the 45 yard line..

hester is huge even if teams are trying to avoid him.

Ill tell you what..ill give the bears great field positioning all day..Their Offense is ****, and id rather give it to them at their own 40 then having hester returning it for a TD.

Mitchell55
07-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Wonder what would happen if he became a great WR. He gets that much money to be a return man, WR would at another 20 on it.

LtFinFan66
07-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Ralph better get out the checkbook

Bone
07-28-2008, 07:44 PM
We better find away he deserves it after this season.