X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

McKelvin's working on his weakness

The big knock on McKelvin was his stone hands...well check out this little bit in the Buffalo News:

After lifting weights with the rest of the defensive players Sunday afternoon, McKelvin came out of the Bills’ training building by himself and spent about 15 minutes catching footballs thrown out of the Jugs machine.

“I caught three interceptions my whole college career,” McKelvin said. “I had plenty of chances my senior year. I could have led the nation in picks easily but I dropped more. That’s the first thing I’m working on. I’m going to work on it after practices.”

And its also a good thing he recognizes it as a weakness.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: McKelvin's working on his weakness

I thought his weakness was speaking.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Yeah, no signs of him practicing enunciating
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• deathadder
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
        I thought his weakness was speaking.
        You guys have to quit making fun of his southern accent. He is a Bills player. There is no need to mock his accent. If he turns out to be great, he may not want to be here anymore because of how idiots the fans act. The guy is from the south. That is a southern accent. I hate Bills fans, the ones who claim they are, making fun of our own players. You should look yourself in the mirror and make fun of yourself on how you never made it as an NFL star compared to McKelvin, while making minimum wage cleaning his car.
        http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by deathadder
          You guys have to quit making fun of his southern accent. He is a Bills player. There is no need to mock his accent. If he turns out to be great, he may not want to be here anymore because of how idiots the fans act. The guy is from the south. That is a southern accent. I hate Bills fans, the ones who claim they are, making fun of our own players. You should look yourself in the mirror and make fun of yourself on how you never made it as an NFL star compared to McKelvin.
          People from the North will ALWAYS make fun of Southern accents. It's just a fact of life.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

You guys have to quit making fun of his southern accent. He is a Bills player. There is no need to mock his accent. If he turns out to be great, he may not want to be here anymore because of how idiots the fans act. The guy is from the south. That is a southern accent. I hate Bills fans, the ones who claim they are, making fun of our own players. You should look yourself in the mirror and make fun of yourself on how you never made it as an NFL star compared to McKelvin, while making minimum wage cleaning his car.
            Way overboard but I agree that we shouldn't rip on him for the way he talks.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

that is great news to hear he is working on that constantly.

hell, if he had spent more time on that in college, he may have gone even higher. if he adds 4 or 5 more picks to his senior year total, he is probably a top 5 selection.

i cant wait to see this kid play.. especially on kick returns.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

The only talking he needs to do is on the field. We also have no fear of a verbal personal foul with the refs, they'll have no idea if he swears at them or not.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Good to see he is working on that.

I'd also like to see him working on his bump coverage some too, that was another place he struggled in college.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                    The only talking he needs to do is on the field. We also have no fear of a verbal personal foul with the refs, they'll have no idea if he swears at them or not.
                    Or maybe they will figure everthing he says is a swear word.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                      Or maybe they will figure everthing he says is a swear word.
                      I didn't think of that.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I cheered when he was drafted. He was a top 6-7 talent.

I could care less if he can't be the lead in Hamlet. It's a joke.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                        X