• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Mum’s not the word for postseason for Bills

i love the confidence....i know some of you will call it out as BS, but i prefer my team to have some swagger and be cocky.

i've heard all the arguments that the FO didn't do enough in the offseason to improve the Bills to a playoff caliber team.....however, i have a feeling this is going to be an outstanding season!

No one in the Buffalo Bills’ organization is taking the Jim Mora approach to the P-word this summer. The idea of making the playoffs is on the lips of seemingly every Bills player on the opening weekend of training camp at St. John Fisher College.
    “This should definitely be a playoff year for us,” said linebacker Paul Posluszny. “We have that type of attitude going into camp and we feel as long as we do all the right things we’ll be in good shape.”
    Even coach Dick Jauron is eschewing the famed outlook of Mora, the former Indianapolis Colts coach who made NFL sound bite history with his dismissal of playoff talk during a postgame news conference in 2001.
    “I don’t have any problems with that, particularly with the players that have voiced them,” Jauron said. “We’ve all seen them play. They’re not people that don’t walk the walk. They play hard. They know that the goal is to go to the playoffs. When we haven’t made it, they’ve been very disappointed. They don’t want to be disappointed again.”
    link

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Mum’s not the word for postseason for Bills

still think no one's going to be gunning for us now that the entire team is saying they're post-season material?

I do have to say that Poz's statement is better than Whitner's. He showed confidence without the arrogant guarantee.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

i knew Op would love this article.

i think our opponents will be gunning for us regardless of whether or not our team is talking postseason.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by shelby
        i knew Op would love this article.

i think our opponents will be gunning for us regardless of whether or not our team is talking postseason.
        not necessarily. It can be hard to get motivated against a team as mediocre as the Bills, particularly teams from out of the division or especially out of the conference. Trust me- other teams will be aware of all the smack the Bills are talking.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I'm liking Lee's attitude, too!

"The contract year is always… business-wise it's a little bit different, but as far as your mentality goes you still have to be consistent in doing what you're doing," he said.

Evans admits a new deal would bring peace of mind, but isn't going to spend time worrying if it's going to happen before the 2008 season begins.

"It would be big, to get that behind you and to move forward," said Evans. "All that stuff is somewhat out of my hands so I just try and control the things I can and go from there."
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            not necessarily. It can be hard to get motivated against a team as mediocre as the Bills, particularly teams from out of the division or especially out of the conference. Trust me- other teams will be aware of all the smack the Bills are talking.
            It remains to be seen if the Bills are still a mediocre team, Op. The season hasn't begun yet....they may surprise you!

{i wish we could sit with you at the preseason game....it would be epic to hear what you have to say....}

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by shelby
              It remains to be seen if the Bills are still a mediocre team, Op. The season hasn't begun yet....they may surprise you!

{i wish we could sit with you at the preseason game....it would be epic to hear what you have to say....}
              Well on paper they look pretty mediocre. But that's not the point. They're coming off back to back mediocre seasons, so they will be viewed as mediocre until they prove otherwise. If they're 3-1 after the first 4 weeks, that may change. But until they accomplish something this season, they're still going to be viewed as mediocre. And rightfully so.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Kollar expressed the teams expectations for making the playoffs twice to me during a 20 minute conversation.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Mum's not the word maybe, if you believe pigs can fly.

10-6 wasn't good enough last year to get in, this is not a 10-6 team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      Mum's not the word maybe, if you believe pigs can fly.

10-6 wasn't good enough last year to get in, this is not a 10-6 team.
                      while I agree completely that this is not a playoff team, I don't mind the players thinking that it's a playoff team. I think the players and coaches need to believe in themselves.

However, I still have a problem with arrogant guarantees.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

while I agree completely that this is not a playoff team, I don't mind the players thinking that it's a playoff team. I think the players and coaches need to believe in themselves.

However, I still have a problem with arrogant guarantees.
                        I do agree completely about the players having some confidence but when you start guaranteeing crap, teams start gunning for you to shut you up.

We're not talented enough to overcome that.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Whitners guarantee in July means nothing. Teams won't even remember it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

still think no one's going to be gunning for us now that the entire team is saying they're post-season material?
                            they'll be gunning for us whether we talk playoffs or not.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Whitners guarantee in July means nothing. Teams won't even remember it.
                              They will. Believe me, they will.

If we end up needing a win at the end of the season against a team that's already eliminated, or if we play a team that's already clinched and is playing scrubs, Whitner's word will be on their bulletin board.

And if we miss the playoffs, people will remember.

And regardless, it's still arrogant.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X