PDA

View Full Version : DT Johnson dedicating season to late father

The Spaz
07-28-2008, 11:02 AM
The 2008 offseason was shaping up to be the best of Spencer Johnson's life. Coveted by the Bills as a free agent Johnson signed the most lucrative contract of his career. He was going to get a genuine opportunity to start and his versatility was going to get him on the field more than he did in Minnesota.

But the security he felt with a long term contract was taken away a few months later when the man he looked up to was taken away.

Johnson's father was a logger down in Alabama. After turning 55 in early June Johnnie B. Johnson decided it was time to retire from a job that's as blue collar as they come. Tragically during his last week of work he was a fatal victim of an accident on the job site.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6281

SABuffalo786
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
That's a lot of sorrow between him and Karl Malone's son. :(

These rookies are coming in with some serious motivation.

ddaryl
07-28-2008, 11:17 AM
wow that is horrible... a tragedy... to be a week away from retirement with the light at the end of the tunnel

I did not know that happened. MY belated condolensces to Spencer....

patmoran2006
07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I think he's going to be the surprise of the year; better than both McCargo and K Williams

hydro
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
That's a lot of sorrow between him and Karl Malone's son. :(

These rookies are coming in with some serious motivation.

This is Spencer Johnson not Steve (the rookie you are thinking of). We picked up Spencer in FA.

DrGraves
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
he is going to have a lot of motivation this year.. im excited to seeing him play

cocamide
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I hope he takes it all out on Tom Brady. I'd say the same about the Jets and Dolphins, but nobody knows who their QBs will be!

Bone
07-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I hope he takes it all out on Tom Brady. I'd say the same about the Jets and Dolphins, but nobody knows who their QBs will be!

:rofl: