• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Peters Talk on Sporting News

Was just listening to Sporting News Radio on AOL and convo turned to holdouts and then to Peters specifically. Here's a number I didn't even know. Last year, Jason Peters was 22nd on the list of average salaries among the 32 starting left tackles. Only 10 starting tackles in the NFL were paid less than him. Not sure what the numbers are for this year, but obviously Jake Long and Brandon Albert already average more, and I'd imagine Chris Williams (Bears) averages more than $3 million as well.

I knew he was underpaid compared to OL on our own team and the league in general, but I never knew he was THAT underpaid in regards to other starting LT's in the league.

Freegin Luke Petigout and Jonas Jennings made more than him! Wow.

Someone needs to blink; I don't care what side does. He's $4-million per year underpaid in regards to tackles at his talent level.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Peters Talk on Sporting News

Peters will get his raise if he would just show up. He could at least have enough respect to show up, considering he was undrafted and would possibly be nowhere right now if it weren't for the Bills.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
      Peters will get his raise if he would just show up. He could at least have enough respect to show up, considering he was undrafted and would possibly be nowhere right now if it weren't for the Bills.
      You cant state that as fact.

Russ has already said that he wants Peters to honor his contract from 2 years ago.

If you think a pro-bowl LT whos 26 wouldnt go anywhere else I have a bridge to sell you.

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

I really hope we get him in camp soon... marshawns bread and butter last year was running to the left side.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

The Bills aren't blinking. They made that clear on Sirrius. Time to come to camp Peters because Ralph will let you sit. All but said it today.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Peters is getting what he wants one way or the other.

He'll either get a new contract from the Bills, or make the situation so uncomfortable that the Bills will be forced to trade him with the year.

While the Bills could probably clean up on a trade, I'm hoping they get it worked out because we desperately need him on the field.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

The Bills will renegotiate contracts of great players who come to camp. They won't negotiate with holdouts.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
                I really hope we get him in camp soon... marshawns bread and butter last year was running to the left side.

actually I think we ran better to the right side last year

LEFT ENDLEFT TACKLEMID/GUARDRIGHT TACKLERIGHT END
                TEAMALYRankALYRankALYRankALYRankALYRank
                17WAS4.12144.8374.11164.11203.7622
                18JAC4.8563.73274.13155.0613.2631
                19PIT4.7594.55103.73284.54114.3412
                20CAR5.2433.78263.86234.16194.725
                21NYJ3.48253.30314.22124.38154.0518
                22MIA3.86215.0543.86243.84244.637
                23DET4.24134.31173.79264.02223.8619
                24SD4.36123.67283.97223.60294.3911
                25BUF2.80293.90234.02194.6563.4826

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Was just listening to Sporting News Radio on AOL and convo turned to holdouts and then to Peters specifically. Here's a number I didn't even know. Last year, Jason Peters was 22nd on the list of average salaries among the 32 starting left tackles. Only 10 starting tackles in the NFL were paid less than him. Not sure what the numbers are for this year, but obviously Jake Long and Brandon Albert already average more, and I'd imagine Chris Williams (Bears) averages more than $3 million as well.

I knew he was underpaid compared to OL on our own team and the league in general, but I never knew he was THAT underpaid in regards to other starting LT's in the league.

Someone needs to blink; I don't care what side does. He's $4-million per year underpaid in regards to tackles at his talent level.
                  I get your point with Jake making more, but that's simply being drafted number 1 overall. Peters is in a position that many before him have been in. He has to earn what he gets before he gets it. He obviously thinks he's worth more and he is. It's just the porcess that many others have gone through, he'll play for the Bills this year one way or the other.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

well I hope the "morals" you guys have outweigh your desire for wins. You guys are high if you think this can be a playoff team with Chambers at left tackle. I also hope there's a lot of Losman fans left here, because if Chambers plays this year you'll be seeing him after Trent gets killed.

I'm pissed at Peters myself, but that doesnt compare to having to endure ANOTHER playoff-less losing season. Every good thing we did this offseason gets wiped out by not having our All Pro left tackle.

So the "let him sit and rot" rants befuddle me. I don't care who's right or wrong, or who blinks first. SOMEONE better blink though and he needs to be here.. I don't care who's terms it is, our offense takes a tremendous step back without him; like it or not. He is far and away, the most irreplacable player on this team. Second most would be Evans, and that's miles away.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      actually I think we ran better to the right side last year

LEFT ENDLEFT TACKLEMID/GUARDRIGHT TACKLERIGHT END
                      TEAMALYRankALYRankALYRankALYRankALYRank
                      17WAS4.12144.8374.11164.11203.7622
                      18JAC4.8563.73274.13155.0613.2631
                      19PIT4.7594.55103.73284.54114.3412
                      20CAR5.2433.78263.86234.16194.725
                      21NYJ3.48253.30314.22124.38154.0518
                      22MIA3.86215.0543.86243.84244.637
                      23DET4.24134.31173.79264.02223.8619
                      24SD4.36123.67283.97223.60294.3911
                      25BUF2.80293.90234.02194.6563.4826
                      are you suggesting that Langston Walker is better? I"m not being sarcastic, I'm asking an honest question (and I never said the Bills ran statistically better to the left)

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

The reason they make more than Peters is because both were drafted as LT's and signed new contracts to do so! The contract Peters was given in 2006 was to play RT not LT.....Peters will get his money....he just needs to get his fat butt to camp!
                        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

are you suggesting that Langston Walker is better? I"m not being sarcastic, I'm asking an honest question (and I never said the Bills ran statistically better to the left)

dude I'm just pointing out a fact that the Bills ran better to the right side of the line.

You can choose to take it any way you want, but someone above said Lynch's bread abd butter was to the left, and according to the chart I found it wasn't.

Peters is awesome, but he is screwing himself and the team, and he is not going to get another extension handling it the way he is.

Evans showed up... that's a sign of dedication and class... Peters ain't showing any dedication or class.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Let's just hope Schonert has a bootleg right play. And by "bootleg right", I mean Trent takes the snap and starts running right while he still has a 3-4 step head start on the RDE.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              dude I'm just pointing out a fact that the Bills ran better to the right side of the line.

You can choose to take it any way you want, but someone above said Lynch's bread abd butter was to the left, and according to the chart I found it wasn't.

Peters is awesome, but he is screwing himself and the team, and he is not going to get another extension handling it the way he is.

Evans showed up... that's a sign of dedication and class... Peters ain't showing any dedication or class.
                              well I agree except that teaching Peters a lesson about dedication and class is going to cost us on the field, and I'm not willing to pay that price.

We have an inexperienced QB who's already a little shellshocked in the pocket from his college experience. His blind side needs to be protected at all costs.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X