• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Knee Jerk reactions aside....

How long before Peters shows up. No way in hell he sits the season. He's greedy, and wont get paid if he sits. Actually he will be fined alot if he sits. So seeings how this whole thing is about money and Peters' love of it, how long before he realistically shows up @ camp? I think it will be another week. He'll come in, we either say "make the PB again this year and you will get PAID" or "We are glad to see you Jason, sign this contract for 5 years 40 million." Or, my favorite,"you are under contract for the next few years you ungratefull ****ing *****, put your ********* pads on and get out there and pull your weight, and maybe we will talk once we sort out a few other more pressing needs than your prima donna ass."

WTF. This guy is cancerous.
  • El Guapo
    • May 2007

Re: Knee Jerk reactions aside....

No, he is not a cancer. Contract or no contract, he deserves to be paid for the position he is playing.

Think about it this way:

A full back comes into the Bills -- undrafted, but full of promise. The coach sees him passing the ball, and thinks, "Could this guy line up as QB?" Next thing you know, he is not only the starter, but a Pro Bowl QB. All that, and he's locked into a contract making 1 million a year. I would hold out, wouldn't you?

We don't have to make him the highest paid, but get somewhere in the top seven or eight.

Pay the guy, damn it. Our season is about to start!
    A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I think the big fat pig comes in about the middle of August, after he seee he's getting squat if he doesn't report.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Eric E
        No, he is not a cancer. Contract or no contract, he deserves to be paid for the position he is playing.

Think about it this way:

A full back comes into the Bills -- undrafted, but full of promise. The coach sees him passing the ball, and thinks, "Could this guy line up as QB?" Next thing you know, he is not only the starter, but a Pro Bowl QB. All that, and he's locked into a contract making 1 million a year. I would hold out, wouldn't you?

We don't have to make him the highest paid, but get somewhere in the top seven or eight.

Pay the guy, damn it. Our season is about to start!
        so tommorow? when? I dont care if we "owe it to him" or not. We wont talk till he shows. When does he show?

Comment

• El Guapo
          • May 2007

His agent is in the driver's seat on this one. We'll see.
          A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

The question is, who blinks first? If I'm the Bills, I know I don't want to start playing games without my QB's bodyguard. Whether they're right or wrong on principle, that's too big a risk to take.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
              The question is, who blinks first? If I'm the Bills, I know I don't want to start playing games without my QB's bodyguard. Whether they're right or wrong on principle, that's too big a risk to take.
              no doubt we want him. he doesnt want to work @the new Target in Batavia. we have the rights to him. for the next 5 years. I think he is ******ed. thats the only way I can explain this.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Who knows when he'll show up...but if we start seeing Walker practicing at LT it'll be a sure sign that the Bills are not gonna cave in and don't expect Peters to end the holdout. As of now, with the rest of the OL practicing in their regular spots it shows that the Bills don't expect this to last into the season.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                  no doubt we want him. he doesnt want to work @the new Target in Batavia. we have the rights to him. for the next 5 years. I think he is ******ed. thats the only way I can explain this.
                  First off, we only have him for the next 3 years.

Second...whats the deal with if he holds out a whole season? And has a player ever done that before?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i think he holds out until he loses this seasons salary at the current contract. i thought i heard that that date is week 10. by that time, the bills don't play him because he has no idea what he's doing. and then he can resume his holdout again.

i'm not positive that's right, but i imagine, once he is in danger of losing his current salary, he'll come in.

Bills did this to themselves. they renegotiated with lesser players before their contract was up. now we have a guy in a need position who is the best on the team. it makes no sense that they don't sign him

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Well, Peters did teach the Bills a lesson. He taught them to be proactive in extending their young talent so that is a few years they will look like geniuses.

Don't cha just hate it when a plan comes together?

:drama:

I think he wants a bigger contract. He is taking his time making it clear he wants it reworked NEXT offseason, and in the mean time skipping a majority of camp.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jaybird
                        • Dec 2005

pay him and keep him around for the next 10 years! pro bowl LT never get traded or are never resigned for specific reasons, that being their int many of them out there. Edwards is fragile he needs peters as does the running game!!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Half way thru camp, he will show up, and then he will get the contract he wants
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I think the big fat pig comes in about the middle of August, after he seee he's getting squat if he doesn't report.
                            big fat pig? he's probably the most athletic tackle in the entire NFL

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                              How long before Peters shows up. No way in hell he sits the season. He's greedy, and wont get paid if he sits. Actually he will be fined alot if he sits. So seeings how this whole thing is about money and Peters' love of it, how long before he realistically shows up @ camp? I think it will be another week. He'll come in, we either say "make the PB again this year and you will get PAID" or "We are glad to see you Jason, sign this contract for 5 years 40 million." Or, my favorite,"you are under contract for the next few years you ungratefull ****ing *****, put your ********* pads on and get out there and pull your weight, and maybe we will talk once we sort out a few other more pressing needs than your prima donna ass."

WTF. This guy is cancerous.
                              How much does he get fined? Also can the Bills go after his signing bonus?

Comment

Working...
                              X