PDA

View Full Version : Patriots finish behind Buffalo

Wally The Barber
07-29-2008, 06:06 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/40621-afc-east-preview-buffalo-bills-win-division-new-england-patriots-miss-playoffs

Just thought you would be interested

LtFinFan66
07-29-2008, 06:08 AM
Hopefully they are kidding. I just don't see the Pats losing 4 games let alone 8 and I can't see 12 wins coming out of Buffalo

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/4944-1148027256.gif <---Article writer

mybills
07-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Bills 11-5
NE 10-6
jets&fins 5-11

mybills
07-29-2008, 06:24 AM
"Whitner had so many new faces around him that it affected his play making ability."

Are they making excuses for him, or what?

Mitchy moo
07-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Hopefully they are kidding. I just don't see the Pats losing 4 games let alone 8 and I can't see 12 wins coming out of Buffalo

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/4944-1148027256.gif <---Article writer

Lol. It's getting on that time of the year, lines are being drawn deeper.

Dujek
07-29-2008, 06:31 AM
I can see the Bills finishing 11-5, if everyone stays healthy and Peters shows up, however I can't see the Patriots winning less than 13 games.

El Guapo
07-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Tom Brady will be the NFL trophy for every NFL defense. Since there is no such thing as "running up the score", there is no such thing as "tackling to injure".

What comes around goes around. Bellicheat made a name for himself last year and it will carry over for the rest of his coaching career. His lack of sportsmanship will hurt his team eventually. It may not be this year, but it will come back to bite him.

Buffatexas
07-29-2008, 07:01 AM
The article speaks of Brady not finishing the season, if he goes down early enough, I think it is very possible that they could finish 8-8

Crisis
07-29-2008, 07:04 AM
honestly i cant see us losing 4 games this season

i'd be surprised if we lost at all

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
"Whitner had so many new faces around him that it affected his play making ability."

Are they making excuses for him, or what?

why wouldn't they? Everyone else does.

but this guy is nuts. The Bills will be lucky to finish within 4 games of the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats get 6 wins in the division alone.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2008, 08:03 AM

Why hopefully? Wouldn't you rather have the Bills over the stupid Pats? Although there is no way in hell this will happen. I still remember the Sunday night Football embarrassment handed down by the Pats last season. They are so much better than the Bills.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2008, 08:11 AM
People let's make this simple.

Until the Bills actually beat the Pats this type of article is a joke.

There is no way I'm going to give the Bills a win against the Pats until i see it happen.

jamze132
07-29-2008, 08:37 AM
I think the writer is a serious homer. Obviously he is a huge Bills fan so of course it's going to be biased. But declaring that the Bills are going to win the division by 4 games is absolutely ****ing ******ed.

PECKERWOOD
07-29-2008, 09:11 AM
If New England comes out with the same game plan that they had last year, they will be below .500. As good as Tom Brady is, not one QB can win every game by himself and I think that Tom B. was exposed in the postseason somewhat. The Patriots better recommit to the ground game with Maroney and Jordan and they will be OK.

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
People let's make this simple.

Until the Bills actually beat the Pats this type of article is a joke.

There is no way I'm going to give the Bills a win against the Pats until i see it happen.

Stop being a negative nancy. Just because the Patriots beat us 9 straight times and only 2 of those games were even close doesn't mean we can't beat them. Some people just like being miserable about this team.

djjimkelly
07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
very delusional article would love to see it.

but.....

i think im banging 4 super models in august too

DrGraves
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
this would be a beautiful thing

ROFL

raphael120
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
If the Bills win 12 games this year, I'm flying up to Buffalo and I'm holding a big party and I'll provide all the beer and wings you can eat for the first playoff game for everyone on this board.

Book it, record it, whatever. Because they aint doin it...and if they DO do it, I'll be more than happy to celebrate that with everyone.

njsue
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
The article speaks of Brady not finishing the season, if he goes down early enough, I think it is very possible that they could finish 8-8

The Bills have beefed up their D. Do expect Mitchell & Co. to haunt Brady! :snicker:

trapezeus
07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
raph, i'll be happy to direct you to the anchor bar, private party room. I had my rehearsal dinner there for 50 family members. The food was awesome and the service was amazing.

yordad
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
If the Bills win 12 games this year, I'm flying up to Buffalo and I'm holding a big party and I'll provide all the beer and wings you can eat for the first playoff game for everyone on this board.

Book it, record it, whatever. Because they aint doin it...and if they DO do it, I'll be more than happy to celebrate that with everyone.Sweet!! :dance:

Gez, did I write that article in my sleep? Wouldn't that be a dream season? It really sounds like someone from the Bills boards wrote it. And, it really sounds like someone as homerish as me.

yordad
07-29-2008, 11:36 AM
OK, now I know why it sounded like someone from these boards....

This (http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=3540)is the author (last year).

TigerJ
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I see four games on the schedule that I can't imagine the Bills winning. I assmue the Bills will muck up another game or two that they could have or should have won, giving them a record of 10-6 or 11-5. I'll play the optimist and say 11-5.

raphael120
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
raph, i'll be happy to direct you to the anchor bar, private party room. I had my rehearsal dinner there for 50 family members. The food was awesome and the service was amazing.

The anchor bar and Bella's pizza in blasdell are two of my places i always hit when i visit my family in buffalo. and sometimes the buffalo brew pub.

Wally The Barber
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I am not going to argue with this guy!

Its just how I am. (lol)

rschepise
07-29-2008, 04:10 PM
It would be an amazing season if we were to finish 12-4 and win the division. However, having said that, it's simply ludicrous to think the Patriots will lose 8 games. To speculate upon injuries is even more obsurd because it can happen to anyone. As a realist, I would say best cast senerio for this season is the 6th seeded wild card berth. The Pats lost a couple DB's and Stallworth and we improved in a lot of areas. We far from closed the gap with the Pats. Remember they were 9 games better than us and blew us out twice last year. I still don't see any of our corners able to match up with Randy Moss. I also don't think the Stroud addition will generate enough of a pass rush to shut down Tom Brady. I see us being more competitive against them but not able to win one. I see us at best 10-6 and them at worst 12-4.

Wally The Barber
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
It would be an amazing season if we were to finish 12-4 and win the division. However, having said that, it's simply ludicrous to think the Patriots will lose 8 games. To speculate upon injuries is even more obsurd because it can happen to anyone. As a realist, I would say best cast senerio for this season is the 6th seeded wild card berth. The Pats lost a couple DB's and Stallworth and we improved in a lot of areas. We far from closed the gap with the Pats. Remember they were 9 games better than us and blew us out twice last year. I still don't see any of our corners able to match up with Randy Moss. I also don't think the Stroud addition will generate enough of a pass rush to shut down Tom Brady. I see us being more competitive against them but not able to win one. I see us at best 10-6 and them at worst 12-4.
I agree with the injury deal..that's crazy

I think the article has some good points that reflect the talent level.

We are not seeing many of those...give him credit for making us a vastly improved team

Wally The Barber
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
bump............