PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Peters...

MikeInRoch
07-29-2008, 07:00 AM
So is anyone else concerned that he might be completely out of condition because of his injury? Or not recovered yet? Since no one has seen him since last season, perhaps thats why he doesn't want to report before getting more money...

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
No. Im not concerned.. He'll be in shape when/if he reports.

Anyway, they can roll him out in a wheelchair and he'll still be better than Chambers.

DrGraves
07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
that is a scary thought mike

HAMMER
07-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Anyway, they can roll him out in a wheelchair and he'll still be better than Chambers.

You have absolutely no idea what his physical condition, or conditioning will be like.

trapezeus
07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
i thought about it. But i honestly think Peters is in shape.

The reason being is say he signs an extension, gets guarantees etc. Then he has another great year and he wants to do the same thing again. If he comes in this year out of shape, the bills and other teams will take note that this guy wants money and expects to use the team's time to get back into playing shape.

However, if he comes ready, has the lights out season and wants another restructuring, there is some good faith that he at least takes care of himself.

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I actually think Tatonka started a thread about this on Friday when Peters didn't report.

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 11:47 AM

I disagree. Some of our guys who WERE in camp weren't in game shape when the season started last year and it showed at the end of games.

justasportsfan
07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
You have absolutely no idea what his physical condition, or conditioning will be like.
he knows everything.

historypete
07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
My big concern with Peters is that he is going to miss the preseason games. On its face that isn't the big deal. What scares me is Chambers getting torched and Trent getting blasted and breaking some ribs or something.

I completely understand that Peters wants a contract extension, but if sitting out to get something that isn't going to happen by holding-out gets our OB's killed and possibly injured that will piss me off beyond belief.