PDA

View Full Version : I think the AFC East is weak this year

Bling
07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Besides the Pats, there's no team that really deserves playoff considerations. Then I think the Pats are shellshocked, and I could see where the best team in the division is 9-7. Probably the Pats or Jets.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Besides the Pats, there's no team that really deserves playoff considerations. Then I think the Pats are shellshocked, and I could see where the best team in the division is 9-7. Probably the Pats or Jets.

Umm....no.

Bling
07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Umm....no.

What a great contribution!

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Well im just shocked that you would say, that the patriots will only end up going 9-7, with the very favorable schedule..it's just, wow.

Bling
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
It's football, bro! Anybody can tank any year!

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-29-2008, 11:31 AM

ya, i understand bro..but its the mo' ****in patriots..they havent tanked in the past like 7 years..and i dont see them doing it anytime soon..With T Brady at the helm.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Bling stop this nonsense.

DrGraves
07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
You need to keep in mind that the pats play miami twice, nyj twice and us twice... i mean at worst they are 4-2 in that stretch, more realistically 5-1 or 6-0

Mitchy moo
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Sure Bling, your team is in the tank so they're all in the tank.

/ fantasy.

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Not the Patriots. If they start to tank, the NFL will just order the refs to help them out like they always do.

yordad
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
What a great contribution!He could have said more, but it really said it all. Um....no.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
He could have said more, but it really said it all. Um....no.

ahah, im glad someone agrees with me..thats all i really needed to say.

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I think Bling needs to look up the definition of "passive aggressive"

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I think Bling needs to look up the definition of "passive aggressive"

or maybe, just uping his knowledge about football?

TigerJ
07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
I think the Bills have a shot at a wild card berth, but it's not a lock by any stretch. I don't think the AFC East is particularly strong, which is partly why I think the Bills have at least a shot. Obviously, the AFC East was weak last season outside of the Patriots, and not much has changed, except the schedule gods have favored the AFC East with somewhat easier schedules than we've had the last several seasons, at least on paper. Buffalo is better by virtue of a beefed up defensive line and having settled the QB issue with Trent Edwards, who now has at least a modest amount of experience. Both Miami and the Jets still have QB issues.

madness
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I think some people think the Patriots are immortal.

raphael120
07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
If the Jets get Favre, it throws a wrench into things. I think as of right now, the Bills and Jets are pretty close. They could both end up competing for a wild card spot, so those Bills/Jets game will be of great importance in that respect.

If the Jets get Favre, I think they might edge us out. But the one difference...the Jets have a bunch of aging vets, the Bills have a bunch of scrappy youngsters...that may be the difference, for good or for bad. What helps more? Experienced vets or young playmakers?

raphael120
07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I think some people think the Patriots are immortal.
No, just Tedy Bruschi.

justasportsfan
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
besides the PAts the bills are likely to make wild card compared to the jets and fins.

ParanoidAndroid
07-29-2008, 12:32 PM

After reading this post, I would say Miami fans are the folks who are shell-shocked.

yordad
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I think the Bills are a considerable step ahead of the Jets, and both are quite a ways in front of the Fins.

If the Fins are a 1, and the Pats are a 10, I think the bills are like a 7 and the Jests are about a 5. The Jests go to about a 6.5 if they get Farve.

I think we are on par with others conferences. The Fins bring us down, the Pats bring us up. The most objective fans could call the Bills above average, and the Jest just below average.

Seems like a average conference. I know you want to try and rain on others parade because your team sucks bling, but it ain't gonna happen.

3 of the teams have a playoff shot. One is a given, the other two are on the fringe. Your assessment is premature, and IMO, incorrect.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Bling's kinda right about this idea though.

The Pats could decide to beat up on division rivals, go 6-0, like they probably will...take the rest of the year off. They'll win 2 of the next 10 just off dumb luck and win the division.

Outside of the Pats, the division is weak.

HAMMER
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Gimme a break, every year someone talks about the Patriots downfall, last offseason was no exception and they went 16-0. Bling has lost credibility with this thread and it's clear he is pulling an FTP and trying to rile the board.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Seriously the Pats probably won't go 16-0 but they sure as hell will dominate.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I think the Bills are a considerable step ahead of the Jets, and both are quite a ways in front of the Fins.

If the Fins are a 1, and the Pats are a 10, I think the bills are like a 7 and the Jests are about a 5. The Jests go to about a 6.5 if they get Farve.

I think we are on par with others conferences. The Fins bring us down, the Pats bring us up. The most objective fans could call the Bills above average, and the Jest just below average.

Seems like a average conference. I know you want to try and rain on others parade because your team sucks bling, but it ain't gonna happen.

3 of the teams have a playoff shot. One is a given, the other two are on the fringe. Your assessment is premature, and IMO, incorrect.
how are the bills considerably ahead of the Jets? I got them very close right now and could go one way or the other.

Bling
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Even if you guys don't like my assessment of the Pats (which I know it was even hard for me to say), you got to admit the Bills, Jets and Dolphins aren't playoff material.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I think the Bills and the jets could both possibly be playoff material..

Stewie
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM

It was better than the original post

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I think the Bills and the jets could both possibly be playoff material..
Yes I agree with this assesment. I also think it is possible neither make the playoffs. Bling is just trying to make it seem like the Phins are on the same level which they are not.

madness
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
We're talking about the NFL here. We've seen teams go from top to bottom and vice versa within a single season.

I think the Pats are going to have to fight for every win they get and everyone has added motivation to beat the snot out of these bastards. Between the cheating and their poor sportsmanship last year, word is that it left a bad taste in other team's mouth and every team they play will want to stick it to them.

I really believe they won't even come close to what they did last year. Will they still win the division? Probably. The Bills need to put up or shut up this year and I'm still not sold on the Jets like everyone else is.

Bling
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
It was better than the original post

How predictable.

EDS
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Other then the Pats, the AFCE sucked last year, so saying it is weak this year is nothing new. Hopefully the Bills can prove that this year is different.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
it aint as weak as the AFC West.

!Papacrunk!
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
the Bills have no excuses with all of the elements that have been discussed on this board, if they don't go to the playoffs it could be a bigger choke then that game against Dallas, no smack intended at all. All of the elements seem to be coming together.

feelthepain
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I think the Bills have a shot at a wild card berth, but it's not a lock by any stretch. I don't think the AFC East is particularly strong, which is partl;y why I think the Bills have at least a shot. Obviously, the AFC East was eak last season outside of the Patriots, and not much has changed, except the schedule gods have favored the AFC East with somewhat easier schedules than we've had the last several seasons, at least on paper. Buffalo is better by virtue of a beefed up defensive line and having settled the QB issue with Trent Edwards, who now has at least a modest amount of experience. Both Miami and the Jets still have QB issues.

No more then the Bills.

I gotta say, I just love what little effort it takes for Bill fans to believe their issues are solved, there players have taken that next step with such little proof to support their opinions. While it takes years and years and years of success, before Bill fans see any improvement in their competition. It's quite obvious how Bill fans see a shot at the playoffs for their team. And here's how it works.

Basically if you're a Bill fan, the Bills are a playoff team following a sub 500 season in which they had the worst offense and defense in the division and lowest scoring team in the league, yet even though the Bills had the worst statistics in the division have been MAGICALLY trasnformed into a playoff team while the other two sub 500 teams in the division (Who have been far more active in FA) are just the exact same team heading in the exact same direction while the Bills are poised to take the next step with the exact same coach who lead them to the exact same record "stats and all" the last two years, why? Cause Bill fans say so!

Well, there you have it, the Bills a team that's basically been the worst of the four teams in the division for most of the last 10 years now has fans that are telling everyone else how good they are how competitive they will be and how the Jets and Dolphins are simply garbage expect everyone to simply say..."Gosh, you're right, the Bills are a playoff team even though they've done nothing in years to prove it!"

Now it's time for all the angry little Bill fans to come out of the wood work and insult everyone who uses just the basic common knowledge of this divisions last decade of football to come to the conclusion the Bills are no more better positioned to be a playoff team then the Jets and Dolphins, yet these angry little fans will explode with crap and isults cause everyone doesn't see them as a playoff team, AWWWWWW, TOO BAD!

yordad
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
how are the bills considerably ahead of the Jets? I got them very close right now and could go one way or the other.Why do you have them close? It is a matter of opinion. "Considerably", is an ambigious term. What is significant in your mind? 1 point?

I have it....

Pats

Colts

Chargers

Jags

Cleveland/Bills/Pittsburg
Tennessee
Broncos
This is where the Jets can start coming into the picture.
I figure they're here with the Ravens and Houston.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Why do you have them close? It is a matter of opinion. "Considerably", is an ambigious term. What is significant in your mind? 1 point?

I have it....

Pats

Colts

Chargers

Jags

Tennessee
Broncos
it is a matter of opinion.
I dont think either team has a good offense, and I think the Jets actually have more talent on defense than we do.

Did you watch the jets last year? David Harris could be a Pro Bowler, not in the future, but THIS year.. Ditto for Reevis.. What safety gets overlooked more than Kerry Rhodes? He's freegin amazing.. They also got calvin pace and Kris Jenkins via FA, and very soon Vernon Gholsten could become a stud.

I'm scared of the Jets.. I think theyr'e a big time darkhorse and if they get even decent QB play, they're going to surprise a lot of teams.

feelthepain
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Why do you have them close? It is a matter of opinion. "Considerably", is an ambigious term. What is significant in your mind? 1 point?

I have it....

Pats

Colts

Chargers

Jags

Tennessee
Broncos

The Bills don't belong in that list period, the Jets could.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
No more then the Bills.

I gotta say, I just love what little effort it takes for Bill fans to believe their issues are solved, there players have taken that next step with such little proof to support their opinions. While it takes years and years and years of success, before Bill fans see any improvement in their competition. It's quite obvious how Bill fans see a shot at the playoffs for their team. And here's how it works.

Basically if you're a Bill fan, the Bills are a playoff team following a sub 500 season in which they had the worst offense and defense in the division and lowest scoring team in the league, yet even though the Bills had the worst statistics in the division have been MAGICALLY trasnformed into a playoff team while the other two sub 500 teams in the division (Who have been far more active in FA) are just the exact same team heading in the exact same direction while the Bills are poised to take the next step with the exact same coach who lead them to the exact same record "stats and all" the last two years, why? Cause Bill fans say so!

Well, there you have it, the Bills a team that's basically been the worst of the four teams in the division for most of the last 10 years now has fans that are telling everyone else how good they are how competitive they will be and how the Jets and Dolphins are simply garbage expect everyone to simply say..."Gosh, you're right, the Bills are a playoff team even though they've done nothing in years to prove it!"

Now it's time for all the angry little Bill fans to come out of the wood work and insult everyone who uses just the basic common knowledge of this divisions last decade of football to come to the conclusion the Bills are no more better positioned to be a playoff team then the Jets and Dolphins, yet these angry little fans will explode with crap and isults cause everyone doesn't see them as a playoff team, AWWWWWW, TOO BAD!
Did you say something? I Stopped reading when you said Miami has no more problems than the Bills. Miami has more problems than every team in the NFL, because they are the worst team in the NFL

feelthepain
07-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Did you say something? I Stopped reading when you said Miami has no more problems than the Bills. Miami has more problems than every team in the NFL, because they are the worst team in the NFL

And the Bills aren't a playoff team.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
And the Bills aren't a playoff team.
I didnt say that.. I said they're clearly better than Miami.

In 2 years, that may change.. I like the direction Miami is going in, basically starting over.

But as for NOW, they just dont have the talent to win more than 4-5 games max

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Put it this way..
Name me a SINGLe unit on Miami that you can look at right NOW, and say, wow, that's a real big strength there.?

Bling
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Put it this way..
Name me a SINGLe unit on Miami that you can look at right NOW, and say, wow, that's a real big strength there.?

OLine. Jake Long, Justin Smiley, Samson Satele, ???, Vernon Carey is a good unit. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams is the best RB tandem in the league. I can't name a single unit on the Bills that is much better than that unit.

HughC
07-29-2008, 10:20 PM
To get back to the original question, I looked at the Patriots schedule. They have four tough games (Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Seahawks), which they will probably go 2-2 or maybe 1-3 in. Within the division it's probably 5-1, maybe 4-2. That leaves home games against the Chiefs, Broncos, Rams and Cardinals, and road games at the 49ers and Raiders. Realistically NE will be in the 11-5 to 13-3 range. I just can't see them going 9-7, as much as we would all enjoy that.

Regarding the Bills and the playoffs, here's what I see. The Chargers and Patriots are locks in their divisions. The Colts and Jaguars will both get in, one winning the division and the other as a wild card. That leaves the team that does not win the AFC North (Steelers or Browns) to compete with the Bills, Jets, Bengals, Broncos, Texans and Titans for the last playoff spot. I don't see the Bengals, Broncos, Texans, Titans or Jets getting it done this year. I can see the Browns beating out Pittsburgh for the division title (the Steelers face SD, NE and Indy with their 1st place schedule). That leaves the Steelers and Bills.

Pittsburgh faces the NFC East; the Bills face the NFC West.
Pittsburgh faces the AFC South; the Bills face the AFC West.
Pittsburgh faces the Bengals and Ravens twice each on the bottom of their division; the Bills face the Jets and Dolphins - and those four games represent 25% of the schedule.

The Bills are certainly no lock to make the playoffs, but I am very optimistic about their chances this year and am very anxious for the NFL season to start so we can see how it all plays out on the field.

Bling
07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
To get back to the original question, I looked at the Patriots schedule. They have four tough games (Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Seahawks), which they will probably go 2-2 or maybe 1-3 in. Within the division it's probably 5-1, maybe 4-2. That leaves home games against the Chiefs, Broncos, Rams and Cardinals, and road games at the 49ers and Raiders. Realistically NE will be in the 11-5 to 13-3 range. I just can't see them going 9-7, as much as we would all enjoy that.

Regarding the Bills and the playoffs, here's what I see. The Chargers and Patriots are locks in their divisions. The Colts and Jaguars will both get in, one winning the division and the other as a wild card. That leaves the team that does not win the AFC North (Steelers or Browns) to compete with the Bills, Jets, Bengals, Broncos, Texans and Titans for the last playoff spot. I don't see the Bengals, Broncos, Texans, Titans or Jets getting it done this year. I can see the Browns beating out Pittsburgh for the division title (the Steelers face SD, NE and Indy with their 1st place schedule). That leaves the Steelers and Bills.

Pittsburgh faces the NFC East; the Bills face the NFC West.
Pittsburgh faces the AFC South; the Bills face the AFC West.
Pittsburgh faces the Bengals and Ravens twice each on the bottom of their division; the Bills face the Jets and Dolphins - and those four games represent 25% of the schedule.

The Bills are certainly no lock to make the playoffs, but I am very optimistic about their chances this year and am very anxious for the NFL season to start so we can see how it all plays out on the field.

I think you guys sell the Bengals, Broncos, and Titans short. Although I do admit, it's hard for three teams in a division to make it so the Titans are out. The Bengals are a mess, so they two, but watch out for the Broncos. They're pretty pesky, and Cutler was going through some problems last year. I wouldn't count them out.

feelthepain
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I didnt say that.. I said they're clearly better than Miami.

And I say clearly they're not!

In 2 years, that may change.. I like the direction Miami is going in, basically starting over.

More arrogant BS, where do Bill fans come up with this crap? I could see Bill fans thinking there team is better then anyone else if they were in the 4th straight season of imporvement. Or if they sufddenly broke through last year to make a playoff run, or had half a roster full of Pro bowlers or coach of the year. But the Bills did none of this....NONE!!! You act like ther's some guarantee in place making the Dolphins Bills match up a lock for the Bills. Oh those are nice dreams but hardly factual. The Bills have done nothing at at for their fans to be so arrogant. I have never in my life seen another teams fans act like thier teams was so good after such a bad season like Bill fans...it's rather laughable.

But as for NOW, they just dont have the talent to win more than 4-5 games max

Well that's your OPINION and that's all it is. You're hardly being paid for your opinion of the talent on NFL rosters so who really cares what YOU think the Dolphins have. BP has made a lot more money and had a lot more success in the NFL then you ever have or ever will and he's made plenty of changes since last year. But what would you know about football.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
OLine. Jake Long, Justin Smiley, Samson Satele, ???, Vernon Carey is a good unit. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams is the best RB tandem in the league. I can't name a single unit on the Bills that is much better than that unit.
The OL has talent, that doesnt mean their a good unit.. Im not saying Long won't be a stud, but Oakland fans were singing the same praises when they drafted Robert Gallery, or Buffalo when we took Mike Williams. He hasn't proven **** on the field. I like Satele but he has to get more experience. . Carey is decent but I wouldn't take him over Langston Walker or especially Peters; and neither would you unless your lying to yourself.

AND did you just say Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams is the best RB unit in the league? LMAO.. How many games has Brown missed to injury.. And Ricky Williams.? RICKY WILLIAMS????? LOL, come on man.

I'll take Marshawn Lynch over both of them anyday, and Fred Jackson as the backup is merely a throw in bonus.

I'm not a Miami hater (well, I am but I'm very unbiased about every team).. They got a bright future with better leadership and coaching, and theyre rebuilding the right way. but for now, they suck and they're bottom feeders.

Bling
07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
The OL has talent, that doesnt mean their a good unit.. Im not saying Long won't be a stud, but Oakland fans were singing the same praises when they drafted Robert Gallery, or Buffalo when we took Mike Williams. He hasn't proven **** on the field. I like Satele but he has to get more experience. . Carey is decent but I wouldn't take him over Langston Walker or especially Peters; and neither would you unless your lying to yourself.

I would easily take Carey over Walker, and I wouldn't think twice of taking Peters over Carey.

AND did you just say Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams is the best RB unit in the league? LMAO.. How many games has Brown missed to injury.. And Ricky Williams.? RICKY WILLIAMS????? LOL, come on man.

Unit? No. Tandem? Yes. LT is a better unit. Williams and Brown are a better tandem than LT and whoever his backup is. Even then, Brown was the best RB in football through the first half last year.

I'll take Marshawn Lynch over both of them anyday, and Fred Jackson as the backup is merely a throw in bonus.

I don't think you'd really given 50 carries to both, and expect them to give you more yards than Ricky and Ronnie would.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Why do you keep saying Ricky Williams? When is the last time he's done anything?

That's like saying if Jerry Rice unretired tommorow and joined the Bills he and Lee Evans would be the best "tandem" in the NFL.

and as far as Langston Walker, nobody on this board ripped the Bills more than I did when we signed him last year at $5 million per.. But I'll tell you what, a half season later I put my foot in my mouth.. Langston Walker was phenominal last year; far and away the most underappreciated player on the team.

Since you like to use the word tandem; since I said already that Jason Peters IMO is one of the best LT in football and Walker was VASTLY underated, I'll say the BIlls have as good a OT tandem as any team in football.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 10:42 PM
bling I usually enjoy your posts but on this one, the more I think about it the more you're out of your ****ing mind with this Ronnie brown and ricky williams is the best tandem in the NFL.

Ronnie Brown? The same guy who's missed 12 of his last 32 games? The same guy with the 4.4 YPC for his career, with 13 TDs in three season, 71.9 yards per game for his career with a career high of 1.008 yards rushing? And Ricky Freegin Williams? Who last was productive in this league in.. Oh, I dont know.. 2003???

I'd call that one of the most overhyped, overated tandems in the league.. That's about it..

Best in the league? LOL.. Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor just called; they want you committed bro.

Bling
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Why do you keep saying Ricky Williams? When is the last time he's done anything?

That's like saying if Jerry Rice unretired tommorow and joined the Bills he and Lee Evans would be the best "tandem" in the NFL.

I don't think you can compare. I don't think there's any comparison in the sport of football to Ricky Williams. I know there's a guy in Texas by the name of Josh Hamilton that could be compared to Ricky Williams.

Since you like to use the word tandem; since I said already that Jason Peters IMO is one of the best LT in football and Walker was VASTLY underated, I'll say the BIlls have as good a OT tandem as any team in football.

I don't know enough OT tandems to argue.

feelthepain
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM

I'm not a Miami hater (well, I am but I'm very unbiased about every team).. They got a bright future with better leadership and coaching, and theyre rebuilding the right way. but for now, they suck and they're bottom feeders.

God Bill fans are ridciulous...NEVER IN THE HISTORY of this sport has there been a group of fans that give their unproven players more credit then Bill fans....BAR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Dude for real..
If it bothers you that much, then WHY DO YOU COME HERE and post daily??

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 10:49 PM
God Bill fans are ridciulous...NEVER IN THE HISTORY of this sport has there been a group of fans that give their unproven players more credit then Bill fans....BAR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As opposed to someone who said their OL is better, when the starting LT hasnt even played a ****ing PRESEASON down in his career, and the center has played in all of a part of one season?

Or someone who said Miami has the best RB tandem in the NFL when the #1 RB has missed more than 1/3 of the games of his career with injuries, and the #2 RB hasn't done **** since 2003???

And you're talking about Buffalo fans talking about their unproven players?? What the **** is that??

Jason Peters= PRO BOWLER
Marshawn Lynch= More yards as a rookie (despite missing three games) than Ronnie Brown has ever had.. That's called PROOF, turdmonkey.

Bling
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Ronnie Brown? The same guy who's missed 12 of his last 32 games? The same guy with the 4.4 YPC for his career, with 13 TDs in three season, 71.9 yards per game for his career with a career high of 1.008 yards rushing? And Ricky Freegin Williams?

Ronnie Brown was incredible last year. And Ricky is still an unknown. They have a lot to prove, but just like Edwards is going to be lights out, Whitner is a future Pro Bowler, McKelvin is going to be ROY, why can't I fantasize that Brown and Williams are the best tandem?

Best in the league? LOL.. Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor just called; they want you committed bro.

Nice catch. I knew Taylor got snubbed when Peterson was drafted, and I just assumed he didn't get his carries. Definitely better.

feelthepain
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM
bling I usually enjoy your posts but on this one, the more I think about it the more you're out of your ****ing mind with this Ronnie brown and ricky williams is the best tandem in the NFL.

Ronnie Brown? The same guy who's missed 12 of his last 32 games? The same guy with the 4.4 YPC for his career, with 13 TDs in three season, 71.9 yards per game for his career with a career high of 1.008 yards rushing? And Ricky Freegin Williams? Who last was productive in this league in.. Oh, I dont know.. 2003???

I'd call that one of the most overhyped, overated tandems in the league.. That's about it..

Are you FRIKIN SERIOUS????? You think a team that finished each of the last two season as the 30th and 31st worst offense and defenses has all this talent, but you can't see Ricky and Ronnine being the number 1 pair of RB's in the league? God the irony of your posts.

SABURZFAN
07-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Dude for real..
If it bothers you that much, then WHY DO YOU COME HERE and post daily??

he's like that piece of dog **** you find on your lawn everyday and you don't even own a dog.

njsue
07-30-2008, 05:37 AM
Pat's are done.

The Bills are on the rise and will have something to prove this 2008 season.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2008, 07:10 AM
Are you FRIKIN SERIOUS????? You think a team that finished each of the last two season as the 30th and 31st worst offense and defenses has all this talent, but you can't see Ricky and Ronnine being the number 1 pair of RB's in the league? God the irony of your posts.

Deuce McAlister and Reggie Bush say you're wrong.

Taylor and AP say you're wrong.

Hell, even in the division Maroney and Faulk say you're wrong.

You talk about how Bills fans overrate their players? My god. You've just not said that a guy who can't stay healthy and a dude who'd rather smoke the ganja and hasn't played football since when again? are the best tandem in football?

Dude, you don't even have the best tandem in the division, let alone conference or NFL.

And I wouldn't even put Lynch and Jackson anywhere near the top tandem category, ever.

mybills
07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Besides the Pats, there's no team that really deserves playoff considerations.
:roflmao:

mybills
07-30-2008, 07:21 AM

What's "unproven" about Marshawn Lynch or Fred Jackson?

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah except for when I go to Finheaven and it is the same exact thing.... :rolleyes:

If anything this particular board is one of the hardest on all players as it is filled with Pessimistic realists.

Give an example of a player being overated by us(lets go player by player) and I will discuss with you in a civil manner.

By the way the Brown/Williams tandem being the best in the league is completely laughable. No one is to say that Ronnie Brown isn't a fantastic Running back pre Knee tear(the worst thing that can happen to a RB) but how can you be so confident about him for this season? Secondly Ricky Williams has a grand total of 15 yards in the last 2 NFL seasons and is 31 years old. He could be a good backup but I wouldn't count on it.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 07:53 AM
What's "unproven" about Marshawn Lynch or Fred Jackson?
Nothing is unproven about Marshawn. I wouldn't say Freddy J is established though. He have barely played.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Unproven about Marshawn? He's played one year...plenty of players have one good season and then do nothing.

One good year doesn't make you "proven."

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Unproven about Marshawn? He's played one year...plenty of players have one good season and then do nothing.

One good year doesn't make you "proven."
Yeah it does Tom. He has proven that he can be a 1000 yard rusher. You can't take that away from him. Using the above logic you could say that no one is proven since there is possibility they will have a bad year.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah it does Tom. He has proven that he can be a 1000 yard rusher. You can't take that away from him. Using the above logic you could say that no one is proven since there is possibility they will have a bad year.

You need consistency to be proven.

Hell, Peterson isn't "proven" yet.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
And Ronnie Brown is? The only thing Brown has proven through three years is he's incapable of playing 16 games.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
You need consistency to be proven.

Hell, Peterson isn't "proven" yet.
I suppose I hear you.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
And Ronnie Brown is? The only thing Brown has proven through three years is he's incapable of playing 16 games.

Yep.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
You mean the best RB combo in the NFL is made up of a guy coming off ACL reconstruction who has never made through a full season and a 31-year old guy who has 6 carries for 15 yards (with a fumble) in the last 2 years (other than failing in the CFL)?

Yikes.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
I suppose I hear you.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice base, but you need to build upon it.

McGahee had a nice year as a rookie and look where he ended up, hated by the fanbase and average.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice base, but you need to build upon it.

McGahee had a nice year as a rookie and look where he ended up, hated by the fanbase and average.
Yes he needs to follow up with an even better year!

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
You mean the best RB combo in the NFL is made up of a guy coming off ACL reconstruction who has never made through a full season and a 31-year old guy who has 6 carries for 15 yards (with a fumble) in the last 2 years (other than failing in the CFL)?

Yikes.
I know!

How could that tandem be better than Willie Parker, and Myndenhal?

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
if you look at production and durability, Miami may have one of the WORST RB tandems in the NFL, not the best.

justasportsfan
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM

haha! says the only person in the world that said the fins were better than the bills the last two years. There isn't a ****** in this world that believes that, Only you do.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
if you look at production and durability, Miami may have one of the WORST RB tandems in the NFL, not the best.

Try telling that to FTP.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
EDITED FOR TOS VIOLATION ~DB

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Calm down JBB. FTP has no idea what he is talking about.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Calm down JBB. FTP has no idea what he is talking about.

I knoww dude! thats whats pissing me off so much, i wish i could just see this tool in real life and beat the hell out of him for being so dumb.

justasportsfan
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I knoww dude! thats whats pissing me off so much, i wish i could just see this tool in real life and beat the hell out of him for being so dumb.

yet he's a mod. lol.

Don't get pissed, just keep laughing at him like I do. Even finfans are embarrassed that he's one of them.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 10:07 AM
yet he's a mod. lol.

Don't get pissed, just keep laughing at him like I do. Even finfans are embarrassed that he's one of them.

haha ya that totally gets me that he's a mod...He seriously must have 0 knowledge about football..

Seriously, i dont know how people can like this guy on boards..he contradicts himself so bad..it's like he says the bills cant be good, but yet the dolphins can? when they clearly suck ass? it just pisses me off so much, cause of how dumb he is.

justasportsfan
07-30-2008, 10:09 AM
it just pisses me off so much, cause of how dumb he is.
I get a kick out of this.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I get a kick out of this.

haha whys that?

justasportsfan
07-30-2008, 10:15 AM
haha whys that?

I love laughing at stupidity especially if it's a finfan.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Who's a mod?

justasportsfan
07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Who's a mod?
FTP is a MOD at FH. Unlike you though, he has access to their MOD forum.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I love laughing at stupidity especially if it's a finfan.

haha ya i hear you.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Who's a mod?

ftp at the dolphin site.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM
FTP is a MOD at FH. Unlike you though, he has access to their MOD forum.
WHAT A JOKE!

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM

Yikes.

A 31 year-old RB with the wear and tear of a 28 year-old? I'd take Ricky Williams as a backup anyday.

Speaking of injuries, did someone say Deuce McAllister? It's not like Adrian Peterson has been know for his durability either.

Besides CT and AP, there's no better tandem in the league. You can look at all the negatives you want, but you know deep down that the negatives aren't enough to keep this tandem from rushing for at least 1600 yards.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:14 AM
A 31 year-old RB with the wear and tear of a 28 year-old? I'd take Ricky Williams as a backup anyday.

Speaking of injuries, did someone say Deuce McAllister?

I said maroney/jordan/faulk..id take that over brown and williams any day of the week.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM

Speaking of injuries, did someone say Deuce McAllister?
This is weak. He was used and abused the first 6 years of his career.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
What about Fargas/Mcfadden?

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:17 AM

thats true too..dont they have michael bush aswell?

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Or
Peterson/Taylor

Or
Taylor/Jones Drew

Or
Portis/Betts

Or
Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward

These are just a few I thought of right off the top of my head.

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I said maroney/jordan/faulk..id take that over brown and williams any day of the week.

The 835 yard rushing Maroney? Ronnie Brown was 230 yards away from that through 7 games last year...

Please, just accept the fact that Brown and Williams scare the **** out of you. They will probably get about 300 yards rushing combined against the Bills next year.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Tayor and Jones in Jacksonville piss all over Brown/Williams.. I didnt even count them it was so obvious.

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:21 AM

I like them too, but they're just potential together. It's kind of like saying Jake Long is better than Jason Peters.

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
thats true too..dont they have michael bush aswell?

:rofl: Please leave the conversation after that one.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
The 835 yard rushing Maroney? Ronnie Brown was 230 yards away from that through 7 games last year...

Please, just accept the fact that Brown and Williams scare the **** out of you. They will probably get about 300 yards rushing combined against the Bills next year.

Umm no...not scared at all, when ronnie brown gets hurt..AGAIN, and ricky williams realizes how much he sucks an starts smoking pot again..im not scared at all..why should i be scared? im not the one out there trying to tackle them..why should i be scared?

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Or
Peterson/Taylor

Or
Taylor/Jones Drew

Or
Portis/Betts

Or
Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward

These are just a few I thought of right off the top of my head.

Petersen/Taylor... definitely..

Taylor/Jones drew.. Defintely..

Portis/Betts..ehh maybee..

Jacobs/ward..bradshaw got released..

Also, willie parker/mendenhal? i dont know how to spell his name.

Bling
Or
Peterson/Taylor

Better

Or
Taylor/Jones Drew

Injured.

Or
Portis/Betts

Injured

Or
Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward

Ehhh... I was really going for the two headed monster. I could see where they're in the discussion.

THATHURMANATOR

Yes a healthy Brown does scare me I will admit. How is he looking so far in camp? If he is healthy he is a beast.

Ricky Williams does not scare me in the least. He is a washed up bum. I can't believe he is still in the league. If I were the Phins I would keep Chatman over him.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 11:26 AM

**** you get the basis for these outlandish comments from dude?!?!?

Miami had 128 yards net rushing against us last year.. in TWO GAMES!!!!! Less than 3 yards per carry as well.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Better

Injured.

Injured

Ehhh... I was really going for the two headed monster. I could see where they're in the discussion.
Taylor/Drew Injured???? When I must have missed that. I could have sworn Taylor made his first pro bowl, and Drew missed 1 game.

Portis/Betts injured? Neither missed a game last season.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM

Ronnie Brown has yet to play a full season. He is coming off ACL reconstruction surgery. Yet, you are making him out to be Jim Brown.

Brown is just another guy with some ability who has flashed good production but hasn't been able to stay healthy. You are way over-rating him. Let him stay healthy and prove he can consistently produce and you can talk about him being among the better RB in the NFL. Until then, he is just another guy who hasn't lived up to his draft position.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:28 AM
:rofl: Please leave the conversation after that one.

why? you'll see, just wait and see till you hear about michael bush..stfu dude, you should leave because your a dolphins fan writing on a bills forumn saying that i should be scared of some ***** ass bum who cant even run anymore and devoted his life to smoking pot..but yet, YOU think they're the best RB tandem in the leauge..when we've clearly stated 3-4 better.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Petersen/Taylor... definitely..

Taylor/Jones drew.. Defintely..

Portis/Betts..ehh maybee..

Jacobs/ward..bradshaw got released..

Also, willie parker/mendenhal? i dont know how to spell his name.
Bradshaw did not get released.

Mendenhal was the first round pick by the Steelers and the top power running back in the draft.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM

Yes the 835 yard rushing maroney..who would've done alot better if HE carried the ball alot more..but it doesnt help when you're in a system that throws the ball atleast 80&...and yes the lamont jordan, who is considerably s starter, idc if the raiders released him..the guy can run, an catch the ball..i think two years ago maybe he had over 80 catches? an Kevin faulk, arguably the best third down back in the NFL, can catch anything thrown at him..so yes i will take those three over the dolphins, even if i was a dolphin fan.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Bradshaw did not get released.

Mendenhal was the first round pick by the Steelers and the top power running back in the draft.

naw dude, im pretty sure ahmad bradshaw got released because he's in jail or w.e an the giants didnt want to deal with it, so they released him.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Can anyone confirm this?

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes a healthy Brown does scare me I will admit. How is he looking so far in camp? If he is healthy he is a beast.

Not Ronnie Brown yet. I'm not worried though.

Ricky Williams does not scare me in the least. He is a washed up bum. I can't believe he is still in the league. If I were the Phins I would keep Chatman over him.

I hate Ricky Williams. I wish we shipped him off after the 2005 season. I still think he's a servicable back. He's got the talent. He was the best RB in 2003. He was a top 3 backup in 2003 (probably the best, but I can't recall the good backups and stuff). He spent time in the CFL in 2006.

After some thinking, I have to put Taylor/Jones-Drew as better.

1. AP/CT
2. Taylor/Jones-Drew
3. Williams/Brown
4. Portis/Betts
5. McAllister/Bush

I'd still take LT by himself over all those guys though.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 11:41 AM
naw dude, im pretty sure ahmad bradshaw got released because he's in jail or w.e an the giants didnt want to deal with it, so they released him.

No, he is in camp. He may get suspended or may not, for violating the Personal Conduct Policy. The league hasn't ruled on that yet.

However, he remains Giant's property and they have no plans to release him.

Bulldog
07-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Can anyone confirm this?

He was in jail for a violation of his probation. But I don't think the Giants have released him. They're stupid if they did.

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Ronnie Brown has yet to play a full season. He is coming off ACL reconstruction surgery. Yet, you are making him out to be Jim Brown.

Deuce McAllister has only had one full season. Fred Taylor hasn't had a full season since 2003. I think RBs get hurt more than you think.

Until then, he is just another guy who hasn't lived up to his draft position.

You might fool some of the less knowledgable posters with that half truth statement. If you review the 2005 draft's top 5 players selected, your wording is deceiving.

1. Alex Smith
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Cedric Benson
5. Cadillac Williams

It's one thing to say he wouldn't have been drafted 2nd overall in other drafts. That's arguable. It's another to say he didn't live up to his draft position. The only player in his class is Braylon Edwards.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
1. AP/CT
2. Taylor/Jones-Drew
3. Williams/Brown
4. Portis/Betts
5. McAllister/Bush

Add:

Parker/Mendenhall (PIT)

Barber III/Jones (Dallas)

Jacobs/Bradshaw (NYG)

McAlister/Fargas (Oakland)

Stewart/Williams (Carolina)

Norwood/Turner (Altanta)

Seriously, there are a bunch of tandems I'd put ahead of Brown/Williams. Brown can't even stay healthy and is coming off major surgery and Williams has barely played in 3 years. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Deuce McAllister has only had one full season. Fred Taylor hasn't had a full season since 2003. I think RBs get hurt more than you think.

In the last 2 years Taylor has missed 2 games and rushed for over 2300 yards. In that same period Jones-Drew missed 1 game and rushed for 1700 yards.

In the last 2 years Brown has missed 12 games and rushed for 1600 yards. In that same period Ricky Williams missed 23 games and rushed for 15 yards.

And, you compare them?

You might fool some of the less knowledgable posters with that half truth statement. If you review the 2005 draft's top 5 players selected, your wording is deceiving.

1. Alex Smith
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Cedric Benson
5. Cadillac Williams

It's one thing to say he wouldn't have been drafted 2nd overall in other drafts. That's arguable. It's another to say he didn't live up to his draft position. The only player in his class is Braylon Edwards.

Just because those other guys sucked doesn't mean he lived up to his draft position. He hasn't. You can't change the fact that the guy has been hurt.

Bling
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Add:

Parker/Mendenhall (PIT)

Barber III/Jones (Dallas)

Rookies?

Jacobs/Bradshaw (NYG)

That's such a great tandem. Jacobs runs for 1000, and Bradshaw has 200 in his regular season career. He had a spectacular postseason. Are they actually going to be a legit tandem this year?

McAlister/Fargas (Oakland)

McFadden

Stewart/Williams (Carolina)

Norwood/Turner (Altanta)

I love how you go "Williams hasn't done anything in a while", but put rookies ahead of the RBW tandem. Then you put Michael Turner in there too. Don't throw out names for the sake of names. They're all good tandems, but we know more about Williams/Brown than we do any of those other tandems.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Say what you want, Bling, but if I'm taking a RB I think I want a guy who is healthy and ready to play.

What I don't want is a guy who is coming off ACL surgery and has never been able to stay healthy to pair with a guy who has barely played in 3 years.

If you tell me I'm getting the Ronnie Brown of 2006 (pre-injury) to pair with the Ricky Williams of 2004, I'd agree with you. However, you can't say that because you don't know what you are getting from either guy. They are uncertain.

Brown hasn't been able to stay healthy. I don't care how good he is, until he proves he can make it through a full season (or, at least comes close) he can't be viewed as a top back. He just can't, he is too unreliable.

As for Williams, I am actually rooting for him. I always liked Ricky, as much of a different personality as he has been. I hope he does well, but he is 31 and has barely played. You don't seem to want to acknowledge those facts.

Bling
07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
In the last 2 years Taylor has missed 2 games and rushed for over 2300 yards. In that same period Jones-Drew missed 1 game and rushed for 1700 yards.

Fred Taylor's first three years in the league: 38 games
Ronnie Brown's first three years in the league: 35 games

Give Ronnie Brown a 10 year career, I'm pretty sure he'll have healthy seasons too.

We can manipulate stats all you want. Ronnie Brown is as injury prone as Fred Taylor.

In the last 2 years Brown has missed 12 games and rushed for 1600 yards. In that same period Ricky Williams missed 23 games and rushed for 15 yards.[/quote]

Because Ricky Williams missed an entire year to injury in 2006. Ricky Williams injury in 2007 was a lack of conditioning, and a poor choice from a desperate Cam Cameron. The guy was not ready.

Just because those other guys sucked doesn't mean he lived up to his draft position. He hasn't. You can't change the fact that the guy has been hurt.

Fred Taylor was 9th overall. Did he live up to his potential? You put Ronnie Brown in the 2006 draft, he gets drafted 9th overall, then he lives up to his potential? According to you, he does. You can't blame Ronnie Brown for the lack of the talent in front of him in a weak draft. You're definitely overemphasizing the draft position, and not enough the pool of talent to choose from.

Bling
07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Say what you want, Bling, but if I'm taking a RB I think I want a guy who is healthy and ready to play.

What I don't want is a guy who is coming off ACL surgery and has never been able to stay healthy to pair with a guy who has barely played in 3 years.

If you tell me I'm getting the Ronnie Brown of 2006 (pre-injury) to pair with the Ricky Williams of 2004, I'd agree with you. However, you can't say that because you don't know what you are getting from either guy. They are uncertain.

Brown hasn't been able to stay healthy. I don't care how good he is, until he proves he can make it through a full season (or, at least comes close) he can't be viewed as a top back. He just can't, he is too unreliable.

As for Williams, I am actually rooting for him. I always liked Ricky, as much of a different personality as he has been. I hope he does well, but he is 31 and has barely played. You don't seem to want to acknowledge those facts.

Ok. You go with the rookies, I'll go with the injured guys. I'm sure out of that crop you picked up, somebody's going to outshine my duo. I just think my duo is being underrated, and have high hopes for them in 2008.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Fred Taylor's first three years in the league: 38 games
Ronnie Brown's first three years in the league: 35 games

Yeah, but the difference is Taylor eventually showed he could stay healthy. He has missed 9 games in the last 6 years. Ronnie Brown missed that many last year alone. He proved he could do it, and until Brown does the same he is unreliable.

Fred Taylor was 9th overall. Did he live up to his potential?

Not initally, no. He eventually proved he could stay on the field, but until then he was a tease, a guy with promise who couldn't be relied on.

You can't project that Brown can do what Fred Taylor did, and until he does you can't say he is as good as him. Right now, he is just another guy coming of ACL surgery who has a lot to prove.

There is no guarantee Brown can stay healthy. Some guys can't. You can't assume he will do what Taylor did.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Fred Taylor was 9th overall. Did he live up to his potential? You put Ronnie Brown in the 2006 draft, he gets drafted 9th overall, then he lives up to his potential? According to you, he does. You can't blame Ronnie Brown for the lack of the talent in front of him in a weak draft. You're definitely overemphasizing the draft position, and not enough the pool of talent to choose from.
The guy has 10,000 career rushing yards. I would say hell yes he lived up to his draft position...

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok. You go with the rookies, I'll go with the injured guys. I'm sure out of that crop you picked up, somebody's going to outshine my duo. I just think my duo is being underrated, and have high hopes for them in 2008.

Have all the high hopes you want. You may even be right. I love Brown's talent, the guy has the potential to be great. If he stays healthy he will put up numbers, but that is not certain.

However, if you are going to rate him and Ricky among the best in the NFL, you need to take all the facts into account. They lose points because of recent history, because neither has proven reliable over a full season for some time.

justasportsfan
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Ronnie Brown is one hell of a rb when healthy. Ricky was gonna rush 1000 yards...until he got high.

MikeInRoch
07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Ronnie Brown *was* good. Not all RBs recover from that kind of injury, tho. I hope for his sake he does recover, despite the fact that he's a Dolphin.

Maybe I just want to remove more of their excuses, tho.

MikeInRoch
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
... but you can't see Ricky and Ronnine being the number 1 pair of RB's in the league?

Find me *one* NFL analyst who thinks Miami has the best pair of RB's in the league. Just one.

yordad
07-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Bling, three games into the year you and your "leagues best RB tandem" are going to be wishing Jesse Chatman was still around.

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Find me *one* NFL analyst who thinks Miami has the best pair of RB's in the league. Just one.

So that's how we determine things beyond a doubt? By these "NFL analsts" the very same analysts that predicted the Giants had no chance in hell of beating the Pats? Those analysts??

And for the record I'm not saying R/R are the best duo, but they sure can be.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
So that's how we determine things beyond a doubt? By these "NFL analsts" the very same analysts that predicted the Giants had no chance in hell of beating the Pats? Those analysts??

yeah, because that vaunted Miami passing game will force defenses to constantly be in nickel and dime packages, right?

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM
yeah, because that vaunted Miami passing game will force defenses to constantly be in nickel and dime packages, right?

Yeah just like that 30th ranked offense over the last two years is gonna be a force and drive the Bills deep into the playoffs!

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah just like that 30th ranked offense over the last two years is gonna be a force and drive the Bills deep into the playoffs!

who are you quoting on saying the Bills are going deep in the playoffs??

Some people on here think the bills have a good shot to make the playoffs; I'm one of them.

**** "stats". Were the Bills not in a game with two weeks remaining in the season that had playoff implications last year?

And the majority thinks the Bills have improved from last year (myself included) provided they get Peters back on the field.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2008, 03:23 PM

Some people on here think the bills have a good shot to make the playoffs; I'm one of them.

**** "stats". Were the Bills not in a game with two weeks remaining in the season that had playoff implications last year?

And the majority thinks the Bills have improved from last year (myself included) provided they get Peters back on the field.
Pat stop arguing with this high school kid. He is too immature.

MikeInRoch
07-30-2008, 03:34 PM

No, it's not - but not every single analyst said the Giants had "no chance". If there was any basis to the claim that R/R were the best duo, I'd expect at least *one* of them to pick up on it. Miami fans are clearly biased (as are all fans, of course). I'd like to hear a single knowledgeable non-Miami fan who shares this opinion. If not a single one does, that tells me that it's only the bias talking.

MikeInRoch
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM

I love when the response to "you suck" is "you suck too", not actual reasons why you don't suck.

Are you sure you haven't been hanging out in the spin zone?

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM

Yeah **** them stats, cause every year the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense ON THE SAME TEAM make the playoffs!! Every year the teams with losing records are playoff teams, the teams that score the least amount of points in the entire league are always serious playoff threats!!! **** THEM STATS, THEY MEAN NOTHING!!!

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I love when the response to "you suck" is "you suck too", not actual reasons why you don't suck.

Are you sure you haven't been hanging out in the spin zone?

Yeah, cause god knows using logic and facts is simply the best way to talk to Bill fans!!

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Pat stop arguing with this high school kid. He is too immature.

Yeah I'm immature, POT!!

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
No, it's not - but not every single analyst said the Giants had "no chance". If there was any basis to the claim that R/R were the best duo, I'd expect at least *one* of them to pick up on it. Miami fans are clearly biased (as are all fans, of course). I'd like to hear a single knowledgeable non-Miami fan who shares this opinion. If not a single one does, that tells me that it's only the bias talking.

Lets stop being silly, the bottom line is Bill fans act like there's this huge differenc between being 7-9 and 1-15. Now if this were the 7-9 Bills coming off 12-4 season and a Dolphins team that finished 3 years in a row witrh only two wins or less then yes, you could clearly make that argument. The fact is Bill fans treat last season as if the only thing that matters was the Bills were 7-9 and the Dolphins were 1-15, the problem is that isn't all that matters. There is far more to the stroy then simple wins and loses. However, Bill fans want everyone to tell them how great they are and Bill fans are so willing to hear this that they simply ignore everything else.

Now honestly, when you look at the Pats, do you only talk about 16-0? or Do you talk about Brady and Moss and their top 4 defense? You don't just talk about what their final record was, you talk about all the parts that are their and how much talent they have. Yet with the Bills it's all about the ONE thing they did better then the Dolphins and Jets....and that's Bill fans entire argument. NOTHING ELSE!! Or sure you can throw in the sweeps, but if they didn't sweep the fins 1-15 and Jets 4-12 the Bills would have bbe 5-11 rather then 7-9, big deal. The point is Bill fans want everyone to respect a club that didn't even finish 500. While their fans trash everyone else.

MikeInRoch
07-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Lets stop being silly, the bottom line is Bill fans act like there's this huge differenc between being 7-9 and 1-15. Now if this were the 7-9 Bills coming off 12-4 season and a Dolphins team that finished 3 years in a row witrh only two wins or less then yes, you could clearly make that argument. The fact is Bill fans treat last season as if the only thing that matters was the Bills were 7-9 and the Dolphins were 1-15, the problem is that isn't all that matters. There is far more to the stroy then simple wins and loses. However, Bill fans want everyone to tell them how great they are and Bill fans are so willing to hear this that they simply ignore everything else.

Now honestly, when you look at the Pats, do you only talk about 16-0? or Do you talk about Brady and Moss and their top 4 defense? You don't just talk about what their final record was, you talk about all the parts that are their and how much talent they have. Yet with the Bills it's all about the ONE thing they did better then the Dolphins and Jets....and that's Bill fans entire argument. NOTHING ELSE!! Or sure you can throw in the sweeps, but if they didn't sweep the fins 1-15 and Jets 4-12 the Bills would have bbe 5-11 rather then 7-9, big deal. The point is Bill fans want everyone to respect a club that didn't even finish 500. While their fans trash everyone else.

How does that at ALL relate to what I was talking about?

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
How does that at ALL relate to what I was talking about?

My point is jsut because you didn't read about R/R being the best duo does not prove anything one way or the other besides did you magically read every single word written this spring by every single sports writer? Are you trying to say because "no analyst that YOU'VE READ" calls them the best that proves anything. These same analyst don't follow every team, for the most part their opinion are based on hear say, rarther then actually being there.

My post above was talking about Bill fans not thinking the Dolphins have the top pair of backs, but these same Bill fans see one statistic that favor the Bills and suddenly they're a playoff team. But Ricky and Ronnie can both be very powerful and talented backs, yet Bill fans can't imagine them being a top duo. Basically Bill fans only see great things in their players even though they've done little to prove their worthy that doesn't stop them from forming that opinion based on just ONE fact.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 05:30 PM
My point is jsut because you didn't read about R/R being the best duo does not prove anything one way or the other besides did you magically read every single word written this spring by every single sports writer? Are you trying to say because "no analyst that YOU'VE READ" calls them the best that proves anything. These same analyst don't follow every team, for the most part their opinion are based on hear say, rarther then actually being there.

My post above was talking about Bill fans not thinking the Dolphins have the top pair of backs, but these same Bill fans see one statistic that favor the Bills and suddenly they're a playoff team. But Ricky and Ronnie can both be very powerful and talented backs, yet Bill fans can't imagine them being a top duo. Basically Bill fans only see great things in their players even though they've done little to prove their worthy that doesn't stop them from forming that opinion based on just ONE fact.
First off. Why are generalizing Bills fans? You should be talking about specific people, not all "Bills fans".. Not all Bills fans think this is "suddenly a playoff team".

Secondly, Im done commenting about your RB's.. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.. Lets see either of them actually make it through a full season, and then we'll talk next summer.

Lastly, that dude in your avatar.. He's a BUST.. Book it!

!Papacrunk!
07-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Bling, three games into the year you and your "leagues best RB tandem" are going to be wishing Jesse Chatman was still around.

our rookie RBs, especially Parmele has been doing pretty good, but it's pretty darn early for any celebrations

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Secondly, Im done commenting about your RB's.. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.. Lets see either of them actually make it through a full season, and then we'll talk next summer.

So our RB's have to prove something...according to you, before you consider them worthy of anything! But the Bills have nothing to prove according to you cause you think they're a playoff team based on the 30th ranked offense, the 31st ranked defense the last place team in the league at scoring points and a coach without a winning season since he arrived in Buffalo.

Here it is in black and white for the whole world to see, Bill fans want to see proof of the Dolphions RB's being healthy before they give them any credit, but this same Bill fans doesn't need to see one shred of proof the Bills are a playoff team before she calls them a playoff team.

Well if that isn't Buffalo Bill menatlity in a nutshell, I don't know what is. It doesn't get any clearer then that. The Bills don't have to prove they're capable of doing anything, but EVERYONE else in the league does. Wow, talk about the definition of a homer.

DrGraves
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
dolphins would suck if they had LT... with a crap qb, wrap wideouts, and a crap line, it doesnt matter who you are handing the ball off to.

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 09:09 PM
dolphins would suck if they had LT... with a crap qb, wrap wideouts, and a crap line, it doesnt matter who you are handing the ball off to.

Coming from the fan of the team with the 30th ranked offense the last two years and was last in scoring last year, that's quite laughable. I would say the Bills would suck if they had Emmit Smith and the entire history of the Denver Broncos Oline blocking for him.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Coming from the fan of the team with the 30th ranked offense the last two years and was last in scoring last year, that's quite laughable. I would say the Bills would suck if they had Emmit Smith and the entire history of the Denver Broncos Oline blocking for him.
What is your obsession with rankings? That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

The Saints had the fourth ranked offense in the ENTIRE NFL last year.. How many games did they win??

Tennessee and Baltimore were two of the top six ranked defenses in the NFL last year.. Which one of them made the playoffs? That would be NONE.

What matters is W's and L's.. And your team had a SINGULAR win last year.

Would you rather have an offense ranked higher, with one win.. Or lower with seven times that one win?

MikeInRoch
07-30-2008, 09:31 PM

You are missing my point. I'll restate it for you. Not only have *I* not found one, I challenge *you* to find *one*. If there are none, then it shows me that only Dolphins fans think this - and that their bias is probably the only reason they think that.

This is not relevant to the Bills nor Bills fans. Try to stay on topic.

feelthepain
07-31-2008, 01:44 AM
The Saints had the fourth ranked offense in the ENTIRE NFL last year.. How many games did they win??

The Pats had the number 1 offense last year, they scored the most points in the histrory of the game for a season, they had a QB that broke the TD passing record, they had a WR that caught 25 TD's, they had the 4th best D in the league, how many games did they win? Yeah, stats are dumb and prove nothing!!

feelthepain
07-31-2008, 01:49 AM
You are missing my point. I'll restate it for you. Not only have *I* not found one, I challenge *you* to find *one*. If there are none, then it shows me that only Dolphins fans think this - and that their bias is probably the only reason they think that.

This is not relevant to the Bills nor Bills fans. Try to stay on topic.

On Ricky and Ronnie,

Adam Shein on Sirius was just mentioning it today actually how that combination could be great and one of the best in the league.

Romes
07-31-2008, 02:29 AM
Adam Schein also thinks the Bills are going to the playoffs. :snicker: