PDA

View Full Version : Who's a better coach: Mularkey or Jauron

Bling
07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Interesting question.

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
As much as I dislike Jauron, he's still better than Mularkey. He got us to 7-9 with a team that wasn't much different from the team Mularkey took to 5-11.

DrGraves
07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
mularkey kept the bills in a perpetual state of rebuilding.

The King
07-29-2008, 11:49 AM
I think Jauron is a top 20 head coach in the league right now never mind better than the Fins positional coach last year.

Mr. Miyagi
07-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Interesting question.
The real question is, who's the better coach, Saban or Cameron?

:lolpoint: Phish

BlackMetalNinja
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Certainly Jauron over Mularkey... Wannstedt, I'd probably put in between the two somewhere.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Im just going to go ahead and say that Dick Jauron is the better coach..F moooooolarky, that guy was awful.

raphael120
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I liken this question to "What feels nicer? A kick in the nuts or a punch in the nuts?"

OpIv37
07-29-2008, 12:13 PM
mularkey kept the bills in a perpetual state of rebuilding.

well I'm not really sure that's a fair evaluation. So far, Jauron has only had 2 seasons and both were rebuilding years. If this team takes a step forward this year, I'll agree with you. But right now, Mularkey and Jauron both had 2 years as Bills coach and all of those years were rebuilding.

That being said, I still think Jauron is better- I just don't think the rebuilding argument is a valid one at this point.

ddaryl
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I fully expect this to be a shutout

Thurmal
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Mike Mularkey is one of the stupidest men to ever coach pro football. That's why we all rejoiced when Miami picked him up as OC. It's a shame he only had one year down there.

trapezeus
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
jauron actually has a philosphy. albeit flawed, he has a method that he thinks wins him games. offense that manages the time and scores occassionally and a shut down defense. Jauron is building towarsd that.

Mularkey had no idea what he wanted to do and as a result tried to out think teams on every play.

sometimes you need to just have your M.O. and then deviate from that occassionally. you can't be drawing up all sorts of ridiculous plays from the get go.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Jauron is wll respected throughout the league. Mularkey keeps getting demoted.

Is this really a question?

justasportsfan
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Jauron thinks he can win with a conservative O while Mularkey thinks he can outsmart D's with tricks.

Dick is absolutely one of the best coaches when it comes to getting his players ready to play on gameday. Unfortunately ,he forgets to get himself and his coaches ready to make the right calls on gameday. Until he learns to do that, we'll never sniff a sb as long as he's the coach.

Wanny just had the boner for Fiedler.

Mitchy moo
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Shula or cameron?

Oaf
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Had one more play gone our way in 04', Mularkey would have been COTY, may have even still been here, and this meaningless poll would have been a HELL lot different.

Oaf
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Mularkey may have been "stupid" :rolleyes:, but his problem was he really just didn't know how to manage a full team (see 05' season). That being said, at least he wasn't gutless enough to use the fear of not knowing what's coming to his advantage on offense and defense.

Jauron employs the mentality (as evidenced by the Sirius interview), "Here's what we're doing, but we'll going to do it so fundamentally sound, you won't be able to stop us."

Mularkey was, "We're going to come in with an unlimited number of looks. You won't know what we're doing, and we'll use your react-rather-than-act hesitation to succeed."

Neither is wrong, but it was Moo's team management skills that ultimately doomed him in Buffalo. Players like the always-straight Jauron, but his game management skills may doom him instead.

baalworship
07-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I was underwhelmed when the Bills hired Jauron but he has more than met the expectations I had for him. The players play hard for him and he is fundamentally sound.

Mularkey was mularkey.

DrGraves
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
well I'm not really sure that's a fair evaluation. So far, Jauron has only had 2 seasons and both were rebuilding years. If this team takes a step forward this year, I'll agree with you. But right now, Mularkey and Jauron both had 2 years as Bills coach and all of those years were rebuilding.

That being said, I still think Jauron is better- I just don't think the rebuilding argument is a valid one at this point.

i agree.. but it is also mularkeys fault that jauron has spent time rebuilding. i guess this year will tell us the answer.

Oaf
07-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Had one more play gone our way in 04', Mularkey would have been COTY, may have even still been here, and this meaningless poll would have been a HELL lot different.

Mularkey may have been "stupid" :rolleyes:, but his problem was he really just didn't know how to manage a full team (see 05' season). That being said, at least he wasn't gutless enough to use the fear of not knowing what's coming to his advantage on offense and defense.

Jauron employs the mentality (as evidenced by the Sirius interview), "Here's what we're doing, but we'll going to do it so fundamentally sound, you won't be able to stop us."

Mularkey was, "We're going to come in with an unlimited number of looks. You won't know what we're doing, and we'll use your react-rather-than-act hesitation to succeed."

Neither is wrong, but it was Moo's team management skills that ultimately doomed him in Buffalo. Players like the always-straight Jauron, but his game management skills may doom him instead.

Anyone care to disagree?

djjimkelly
07-30-2008, 01:32 AM
they both suck. but as i met mularky in aruba 2 years ago and talked some bills ball with him i like him much better and i have a solid hunch of what jauron is gonna do this year

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 03:10 AM
And yet who was the last guy to coach the Bills to a winnig season? That's right girls and girls, it was Mularkey.

njsue
07-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Jauron is a thousand times better than those morons.

Dujek
07-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Mularkey's problem was that he didn't understand how to get the best from his players, didn't know who his best players were, and he played Kelly Holcomb.

He had one year were he nearly had a good team, and yet completely failed to build on that. He had far too many different sets and at times it showed as players looked lost on plays.

Jauron has had two 7-9 years, with the second year being so decimated by injuries that you can't say one way or the other if it was an improvement. He's respected around the league, with various people mentioning him as a coach of the year candidate last year, even with the poor finish. At the minute he has the edge over Mularkey, but another losing year and it'll start tipping in Mularkey's favour.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Who's the better NFL coach?

Spurrier, Holtz, Cameron or Stephenson?

Where's that poll! That one could have some amusing results.

I voted Wanny on this one sadly.

In a choice between, spinach, liver and onions, beets...something crappy in the end is gonna win.

Oaf
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
In 04' we had the league's best defense and special teams and Mularkey STILL couldn't get us into the playoffs. In 2007, after injuries, we were one of the most unproven, untalented teams in the NFL and DJ managed to get us to 7-9.

There's another difference.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 08:36 AM
And yet who was the last guy to coach the Bills to a winnig season? That's right girls and girls, it was Mularkey.
thats because miami is in the same division. easily our ***** regardless of who the coach was. Thats how bad the fins are, they get owned by an idiot coach and then hire him.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Mularkey has a long and distinguished record as a Tight Ends coach.