X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Could the Bills get 2 first rounders?

From the Raiders for the #23? I hear rumors that the Raiders want to trade up. Would that be beneficial to us - #31 and #32 for our #23?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Steve-Mo
    • Apr 2003

Then you wont get McDougle or what ever his name is...

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i think we would have to give up our 2nd rounder at a minimum to get those 2 picks of the raiders.. if mcdougal and haynes are off the board.. i would consider it.. to get mathis and clark or faine.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

That's why I'm asking. They may want to trade higher than 23 too.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Absolutely-

You still could get a top notch TE (Clark or Whitten), a DE (Louisville's DeWayne White comes to mind, or Possibly Peterson)
          and a decent linebacker or WR between picks 31,32, and 48.

Oakland won't do it though. They need starting bodies to replace all the salcap cuts, and it's a steep price to pay for moving up only 8 spots.

A more realistic trade would be the Bills swapping the #23 and #48 for the Raider's #31 and #32.

Or, the Bills giving up the #23rd pick for Charles Woodson. ( I don't think that will happen either)

Comment

• gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

The little I have read, the Raiders are concerned with paying 2 first round choices. Who knows what kind of magic TD will work!

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

I keep bringing up that we should talk to them about their 2 picks but I never get any credit.
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

You're talking to the wrong people, Bert. Get on the phone and call TD at One Bills Drive.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                  I keep bringing up that we should talk to them about their 2 picks but I never get any credit.
                  Way to go, Bert!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

I'd love the 2 1sts but I don't think it will happen either...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

bert.. you or ingtar have got to change your damn avatar
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Could the Bills get 2 first rounders?

Originally posted by gunzlingr
                        Would that be beneficial to us - #31 and #32 for our #23?
                        you bet it would!!!
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

Have you noticed teams with 2 1st. round picks are scrambling to get rid of them with little success? There is a reason, while there are a few stand out players, there is a lot more value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds because of the 1) drop off in talent and 2) the parity in that 2nd tier group. I would be much happier with the Bills getting another 2nd or 3rd pick or a pick in next years draft.
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X