X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Question for non-WNY'ers

This question is mainly for those of us who don't have the opportunity to see every Bills game on regular TV.

I've already made my decision on this, but I wondered what the rest of you thought. On one hand you have the comfort of your own sofa and the lost cost of your own food at home. On the other, you have the bar atmosphere with beer on tap and other Bills fans to high-five after a touchdown and win!!!
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

Re: Question for non-WNY'ers

I'm probably biased because my regular bar here in Pittsburgh is also the bils backers bar and we have a great crew, but I've also thought of getting the nfl ticket.

But, I'm a pretty solid believer in heading out to watch with fellow bills fans - plus I like having multiple tv's going with different NFL games to glance at during commercials and breaks.

And, no wife asking me if I really need that 12th beer as we head into the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I try to get together with my local Bills Backers group at least once a month. We go to Buffalo Wild Wings and have relatively authentic wings and watch the game. Being deep in Packer country there are only 10 members or so, and maybe 3-4 of them show up at a time. But it's still awesome.

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

I was the head of the San Jose Bills Backers...but have since moved back to PA. I just ordered the Ticket...it'll be installed on Thursday! I do like watching the games with other fellow Bills fans if I can't make it to the game, but this will be the first time at the house. With having a 6 month old daughter, it's harder and harder to get outta the house for a few hours.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

With the kid, we might get the ticket this year. At my age I think I'm starting to like home better.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Definitely would prefer sitting at home
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Oh I love going out to the bar! I go to this Bills backers bar in DC that is pretty awesome and their wings aren't half bad either, AND they have Labatt Blue buckets to drink! Nothin beats that! But then again, I'm newly single and know there are a bunch of cute girls that are from Buffalo that show up occasionally, so not only do you get out of the house but you can try to hook up with some Buffalo chics! They also play the shout song when we score.

Nothin better than bein around 50 other screaming cheering Bills fans to add to the atmosphere. It's the only thing that comes remotely close to being at the live game. I remember being there for the Cowboys game last year...man, that was the craziest night ever. So many people, so much celebrating...ugh...cept for the very end.

So chalk me up for partyin it up with fellow Bills fans at a bar!

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                • Dec 2005

When i had sunday ticket i liked it cause i could get wasted and not worry about driving home.

But i goto the Billsbackers bar when back allows it. I'll just toke up a doobie before i go or in the bar parking lot.

But i prefer the sunday ticket. Till we move i'm stuck with going to the bar.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

1. I don't have to leave the house on a Sunday.
                  2. I still get to be around my family.
                  3. Hopefully I'll start a long tradition of watching Bills games with my 1 year old son.
                  4. My wife brings me food and beer.
                  5. I get to pause the action for bathroom breaks.
                  6. I control the TV and have access to almost every game including the beautiful creation that is called the Redzone channel in HD.

Comment

• Patti120
                    • Aug 2004

I've had the ticket since 2001 (I think) and love it. I go to probably one or two bills backers meetings a year but I have to drive about 40 minutes and then have to drive home which means only a few beers. Meeting up with the bills backers is fun and I would probably go to the bar to watch the game with them if I could walk there but since that is not the case, Sunday ticket has been a dream come true. Like others have said, you can relax at home, drink as much or as little as you like, pause the tv, etc.

If I was to cut down on expenses I would still somehow manage to keep Sunday ticket.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

I get the best of both worlds bc all my friends that are Bills fans come and I have a bar in my basement....

well thats what I plan on when I own a house one day.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I went with Sunday Ticket. I always invite people over for the games- sometimes there's 10 people, sometimes (usually) it's just me. I miss the atmosphere of being around a big group of Bills fans, but there are a few problems with the bar:

1. Money- a seasons' worth of bar tabs adds up to at least the cost of sunday ticket.
                        2. Driving there and back adds about an hour to the length of the game.
                        3. The bars don't always have the sound playing, particularly if there are fans of other teams watching other games (and there usually are).
                        4. Drinking- I don't usually drink when I watch the games at home, especially if I'm alone. If I go to a bar, I'll drink, then the rest of Sunday is a waste.

Plus, having the Ticket allows me to keep up with the other games and watch GOOD games when the Bills aren't playing. I can only handle so much Ravens and Redskins.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I generally watch the away games at home on the NFL Sunday ticket, with an occasional 2 hour trip to Virginia Beach to watch with a Bills Backers club up there.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                            I get the best of both worlds bc all my friends that are Bills fans come and I have a bar in my basement....

well thats what I plan on when I own a house one day.
                            that is what i do. i have a bar with 4 tvs and the nfl ticket on 3 of them. bills game on the big screen. fantasy stuff on the others.

friends come to my house.. some bills fans.. but most are fans of other teams.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by LtBillsFan66
                              With the kid, we might get the ticket this year. At my age I think I'm starting to like home better.
                              What? Aren't you the president of the NYCBB??

Comment

Working...
                              X