• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Patriots get rejected again!

Patriots | Another Proposal Turned Down - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:45:23 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Boston Globe reports the Chicago Bears denied the New England Patriots’ second attempt to move up to the No. 4 spot in the NFL Draft. This time, the Patriots offered both their first-round draft picks (No. 14 and No. 19) and their second-round pick (No. 50) for the Bears’ first rounder (No. 4) and second rounder (No. 35). The Bears turned it down because they want to select a QB in the second round and don’t think they can get who they want at No. 50.

Good lord, they must have a huge hard-on for Robertson!
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

oh my god.. i CAN NOT believe the bears would turn that down.. no that is just stupid on their part.. i would do anything to get all those picks the pats have..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

That was my thought on the deal Tatonka: "Two fools met" and all that.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Steve-Mo
          • Apr 2003

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

maybe they think the pats might just throw in another pick u never know. but if pats did there dumb

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• Doc
              • Dec 2002

A guy on one of the message boards who is a Pats fan and who claims to have ties with the Pats' front office said that Belichick and Angelo (GM of the Bears) are best friends. (as an aside, he also said that Belichick advised Angelo NOT to trade for Bledsoe last year. With friends like that...). He also said that the Bears may take the guy both they and the Pats want (Robertson I assume), and if Boller is there at #14, the Bears may trade that player (Robertson) to the Pats for picks #14, 19, and 50, and give the Pats pick #35. Sounds far-fetched, but Angelo isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

Comment

• Schobel94
                The Sack Master
                • Jan 2003

How can they trade him if he isnt signed yet?
                Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Doc
                  • Dec 2002

I think it's possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

I have read in many reports that Robertson will be a total bust. The only reason why his stock is so high is becasue of personal workouts. He had done nothing in college for Kentucky during the season and was shutdown everytime he faced a good OL. He's so highly profiled becasue he was amazing in his workouts which means nothing, personal workouts are important but overrated IMO. Robertson will be another Mike Mamula and Alonzo Spellman, both of whom stuggled during their seasons but impressed alot in their workouts.

I for one hope NE gets him so i can watch Teague dominate him and then have to listen to NE fans say what went wrong.
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

They keep courting Bears, who spurn proposal

Another day, another scenario for the Patriots.

In the Patriots' latest proposal to move into Chicago's No. 4 spot in Saturday's NFL draft, the Patriots would send their two first-round picks (14 and 19) and their second-round pick (No. 50) to the Bears for the fourth pick overall and the Bears' second-round pick (No. 35).

Result: Another rejection.

The Bears, according to sources, want to take the Patriots' first-round picks, but want to select a quarterback in the second round -- either Louisville's Dave Ragone or Texas's Chris Simms. They do not believe they can garner either if they pick 50th.
                      ...more
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Whoever did the analysis is no analyst because they would have a much better shot at getting the player at 19 than 35 plus they would be getting another pick at 50. I think this is probably bunk.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Why the frik would the Bears want to move down in the first two rounds just for an extra 1??? Stupid to do that.

The Pats should give up both first rounders and only get the bears #1 and #4 pick in return.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

I think Simms will still be there at #50

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              Why the frik would the Bears want to move down in the first two rounds just for an extra 1???
                              i don't know Eb.i was thinking that the BEARS could move down with one of the 1ST round picks,get a QB,and get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder too..
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X