PDA

View Full Version : How does Evans/Peters affect us for signing someone.

X-Era
07-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I think the Evans resigning and/or Peters contract impasse affects our ability to sign a free agent who slipped through the cracks.

How are we not a better team with any of the following signed?

Takeo Spikes- he not better than Ellison as a wave LB?
Terry Glenn- he cant play better than Josh Reed?
Shaun Alexander- he isnt even a good backup to Lynch?
Eric Parker- See Terry Glenn

We do this every year and analyze why we dont sign this guy or that guy, but why not add some cheaper vets? No one is saying we should replace starters, but how does proven depth not help us if we suffer injuries?

Mitchell55
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I think the Evans resigning and/or Peters contract impasse affects our ability to sign a free agent who slipped through the cracks.

How are we not a better team with any of the following signed?

Takeo Spikes- he not better than Ellison as a wave LB?
Terry Glenn- he cant play better than Josh Reed?
Shaun Alexander- he isnt even a good backup to Lynch?
Eric Parker- See Terry Glenn

We do this every year and analyze why we dont sign this guy or that guy, but why not add some cheaper vets? No one is saying we should replace starters, but how does proven depth not help us if we suffer injuries?

We have good depth. Almost every player on our team played last year. Thats pretty good.

Carlton Bailey
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
The four guys you listed are so good that it's almost August and none are on an NFL roster.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Other than OL (and thats WITH Peters) I think we're pretty set with depth, I dont expect any signings, certainly not a big one.

Pinkerton Security
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I'd say Eric Parker is worse than Josh Reed.
Glenn is probably better than Reed. Idk how much he has left in his tank, plus I think we're ok with Reed being a #2 and Hardy filling that role around midseason.

Alexander? Would just create a hoopla and we have Fred Jackson.

lastly, Spikes doesnt want to be a backup, or so I would guess, and thats what he'd be with us.

X-Era
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd say Eric Parker is worse than Josh Reed.
Glenn is probably better than Reed. Idk how much he has left in his tank, plus I think we're ok with Reed being a #2 and Hardy filling that role around midseason.

Alexander? Would just create a hoopla and we have Fred Jackson.

lastly, Spikes doesnt want to be a backup, or so I would guess, and thats what he'd be with us.

Reed our #2? We already tried that before drafting Evans, he failed miserably.

Hardys slow progression or lack of playing time with the starters worries me about preventing the double teams that crippled Evans last year. I dont see a clear #2 that prevents that.

MikeInRoch
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
You must be joking about Spikes. Ellison is, today, much better.

X-Era
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
We have good depth. Almost every player on our team played last year. Thats pretty good.

Didnt we start Digiorgio/Ellison last year for one reason or another? didnt those players play a part in us being so bad on D? Spikes doesnt make us stronger?

The concept is UPGRADES. It can be upgrading starters, but that time is over for this season most likely. It can also be upgrading backups, and some quality vets are still out there. They can add locker room presence as well as quality depth.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
spikes is done.
Sorry, I liked him too