PDA

View Full Version : What sucks the most

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Every season it seems at least one thing divides the message board and this year its no different. NOw, it's Jason Peters.

I've been saying all summer long, and I stand by it. That I actually think the Bills are a legit playoff contender.. I really like what they did this offseason and the draft; and a lot of the talent core is young and getting better. I think I even called for 11 wins in a thread.

But without Peters, FORGET about it. This offense and this team, IMO is going nowhere with Chambers starting at left tackle.. Its too important a position to have a chump manning Trent and JP's (IF Chambers start, JP will see the field guaranteed) blind-sides.

This whole situation just reeks because I think in general almost everyone here was coming around on this team.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Every season it seems at least one thing divides the message board and this year its no different. NOw, it's Jason Peters.

I've been saying all summer long, and I stand by it. That I actually think the Bills are a legit playoff contender.. I really like what they did this offseason and the draft; and a lot of the talent core is young and getting better. I think I even called for 11 wins in a thread.

But without Peters, FORGET about it. This offense and this team, IMO is going nowhere with Chambers starting at left tackle.. Its too important a position to have a chump manning Trent and JP's (IF Chambers start, JP will see the field guaranteed) blind-sides.

This whole situation just reeks because I think in general almost everyone here was coming around on this team.

For years all we talked about was how bad the OL was and how we can't win games until we get a legit OL.

The reason we have been getting psyched about this team was based on the huge signings we made to make the OL better starting last year.

Taking Peters out is putting a huge hole back in the line.

Bottom line is that I share your severe concern. Without Peters you can write off the playoffs.

gil
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't see how it's dividing the board - I haven't seen too many Kirk Chambers homers out there.

I think pretty much everyone agrees that it sucks he's holding out - maybe we're divided on how the bills should deal with it, but I would be willing to bet even the front office is divided on how to deal with it.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
the only thing I hated about the offseason and the draft; and this was before the Peters hold out, is that we didnt do **** with the depth of the OL.

Whittle is borderline decent depth, IF healthy.. While Preston and Chambers just flat out suck.

We cant afford to lose any of our OL starters, let alone Peters.

Odd too, because aside from OL I really like the depth on this team.

patmoran2006
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't see how it's dividing the board - I haven't seen too many Kirk Chambers homers out there.

I think pretty much everyone agrees that it sucks he's holding out - maybe we're divided on how the bills should deal with it, but I would be willing to bet even the front office is divided on how to deal with it.'
a lot of "online fighting" (if thats the right terminology) is occuring, because half feel the Bills need to give this man what he deserves; while the other half say **** him and let him sit and rot he was already redone with his deal.

Scumbag College
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I've stated before that the Bills have been searching for a franchise LT since Jon Fina left. Besides QB, franchise LTs and shutdown corners are the two most important positions on the field. If they have to pay top dollar for a top young player at one of the most important positions, then do it. Ralph made 80 mil or so on the Toronto deal and the rest of the home games are virtually sold out. The Bills aren't broke and they have cap space.

TacklingDummy
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
It's not divided. It's simple, Peters has 3 years left on his contract, right now is not the time to be asking for a new contract, he needs to get into camp and show that he is healthy and worth the money.

Ed
07-29-2008, 05:56 PM
It's true. Without this Peters holdout we'd actually have the most united and positive fan base since this message board started. You'll always have a few malcontents no matter what, but that's just life.

As for the OL, there's no way Chambers opens the season as the starter. If Peters continues his holdout and the Bills don't cave, I'm sure Langston Walker would get shifted to LT. As for the right side, I'd probably shift Butler to RT and plug in Whittle or whoever at RG. I don't think Chamber is one of our 5 best OL with Peters out of there.

realdealryan
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
The fiancee and I were out drinking the other night and my buddy asks me "So, do I pick up Marshawn with the #4?"

I told him "No way without Peters on the field." Walker isn't going to protect the blind side like Peters and we won't have the run without the pass (see last year's run-run-run-punt scheme that didn't work without the passing game). We are f**ked; I am no longer excited about this year; we need to get him on the field and then draft somebody. This sucks, but I guess this is the NFL today.

Didn't the F**KING front office see this coming after the Peter King ranking article placing him at #39?!?! I guess it doesn't matter, because we will always buy tickets, even if half of our starters were holding out....

X-Era
07-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Regrettably, I agree.

Night Train
07-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I haven't seen too many Kirk Chambers homers out there.

Capt.Kirk is THE BOMB!

HATER !

John Doe
07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
It's true. Without this Peters holdout we'd actually have the most united and positive fan base since this message board started. You'll always have a few malcontents no matter what, but that's just life.

As for the OL, there's no way Chambers opens the season as the starter. If Peters continues his holdout and the Bills don't cave, I'm sure Langston Walker would get shifted to LT. As for the right side, I'd probably shift Butler to RT and plug in Whittle or whoever at RG. I don't think Chamber is one of our 5 best OL with Peters out of there.

Good post.

There is more versatility to the team's offensive line than people give credit for. The premise that Chambers is the only option at left tackle may not be correct at all.

The Bills season is not over if Peters does not play.

Typ0
07-29-2008, 06:28 PM

I don't see how JP has divided the boards other than the fact that it's a little news to take a position on. The whole JP situation means the team has been doing something right to build the lines. JP shone because he was in a good position to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if we could plug any average guy who got along with the rest of the guys into that position and have the same results that JP could provide. The trick is to get the right personality just like JP could be out in the cold if he goes to another team.