PDA

View Full Version : 2 decent TEs still in FA

Mitchell55
07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Dominique Byrd and Kyle Brady. Byrd was in the draft with Leinart but STL never used him at all. Brady is older but can be a good redzone player.

Philagape
07-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Byrd was supposed to go on trial for felony assault and also has a DUI

Ickybaluky
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Dominique Byrd and Kyle Brady. Byrd was in the draft with Leinart but STL never used him at all. Brady is older but can be a good redzone player.

The Pats took a $1M cap hit on Brady because they were disappointed in his play and inability to stay healthy. They felt he wasn't the same player he was in Jacksonville.

Brady almost retired in the middle of the season. He actually left the team and was ready to retire, but was talked into finishing out the season. The story didn't come out until after he was released. I don't think he wants to play anymore.

Goobylal
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Neither guy is worth it. I was going to say that if the Pats didn't keep Brady, he's probably done, and NE confirmed it. As for Byrd, he's done nothing in his career to suggest he's a good player. Possibly playing in the TE-invisible Rams offense prevented him from doing anything, but since he's still unsigned, I doubt anyone else sees anything in him either. The only guy worth keeping an eye on is Eric Johnson, but his injury is healing slowly, and he's an injury magnet.