PDA

View Full Version : stars of camp

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I’ve only been able to make one practice so far. However, I have several buddies and a couple of bloggers who’ve been to all the of the practices. Talked to one last night and asked a simple question; Who’s been the star of camp in the early going. The answer kind of shocked me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
He said Will James has been a stud in camp. He’s been making plays all over the field. He also mentioned Kyle Williams.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
And as far as the rookies, he said it’s the lower round picks that have looked really good. He said Odom has looked solid (don’t’ we always have an unheralded RB every year in camp?) and Steve Johnson has looked really good, far better than Jenkins. But what surprised me the most is he said far and away the best looking rookie so far has been Reggie Corner.<o:p></o:p>

Captain gameboy
07-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Do you mean the higher round picks, like 4-7?
Seriously.

OpIv37
07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
I just hope Will James isn't this year's Jason Webster

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2008, 08:26 AM
It would be hysterical if Corner ends up being a late round find with the reaction people had when the Bills drafted him.

Channel 4 showed Omon fumbling the other night. I was expecting 2 or 3 panic threads about the guy.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2008, 08:46 AM
I’ve only been able to make one practice so far. However, I have several buddies and a couple of bloggers who’ve been to all the of the practices. Talked to one last night and asked a simple question; Who’s been the star of camp in the early going. The answer kind of shocked me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
He said Will James has been a stud in camp. He’s been making plays all over the field. He also mentioned Kyle Williams.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
And as far as the rookies, he said it’s the lower round picks that have looked really good. He said Odom has looked solid (don’t’ we always have an unheralded RB every year in camp?) and Steve Johnson has looked really good, far better than Jenkins. But what surprised me the most is he said far and away the best looking rookie so far has been Reggie Corner.<o:p></o:p>

Couldnt agree more about Corner. I even mentioned something after saturdays practice about how good he looked. In saturdays practice he was the best CB on the field. He has great timing on the ball. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the nickel.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2008, 08:48 AM
I think it's not unusual for a low round pick to find a spot and impress.

However, when the season begins and it's real games, these guys fade like outdoor lawn furniture.

Michael82
07-30-2008, 08:55 AM
At the two practices I went to, I gotta agree with that....

Will James has been awesome, making plays, shutting down the receivers. I've also been impressed with Reggie Corner and Jabari Greer.

As for Kyle Williams, he wasn't there on the first day, but he shined on Saturday morning and I think it's because Stroud is making him better.

Omon looks extremely fast, but I think he's too raw right now. Steve Johnson has had some good moments and some bad. I preferred Hardy at the two practices I went to.

Ed
07-30-2008, 09:53 AM
From what I read of Chris Brown's training camp reports, it sounds like Jabari Greer was the star of the first night practice. If Will James is stepping up too, it sounds like McKelvin might have a hard time getting a lot of snaps this year. That's ok with me though. It's nice to have depth and not have to rely on rookies to do well.

OpIv37
07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Channel 4 showed Omon fumbling the other night. I was expecting 2 or 3 panic threads about the guy.

why? Even if Omon completely sucks, we have Lynch, Jackson and Wright. RB is one of our strongest positions and at best he'll be 3rd string. Who cares if a likely 4th stringer is fumbling in camp?

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Couldnt agree more about Corner. I even mentioned something after saturdays practice about how good he looked. In saturdays practice he was the best CB on the field. He has great timing on the ball. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the nickel.

Thats good, considering we play the pats twice..who loveee to pass the ball, its good to see we have skill at our 3rd and 4th corners..love to hear it!!

DrGraves
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
i agree with opiv... i mean unless marshawn or fred gets hurt this guy will not get a single carry all year.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
why? Even if Omon completely sucks, we have Lynch, Jackson and Wright. RB is one of our strongest positions and at best he'll be 3rd string. Who cares if a likely 4th stringer is fumbling in camp?

Agreed, no worries about omon..we might see him on the goaline maybe..an if so, all he has to do is the run ball 3 feet or less..should be no worries.

bigbub2352
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I hate to say it, but if u look at teams like Pitt and NE etc, they find ways to utilize multiple Rbs, especially when u have to with very good size and stature like Wright and Omon, Lynch will get the bulk for sure, and Jackson is gonna get alot of work, and also some spread formation RB in the slot stuff, but still doesnt mean that we cant give Wright, and Omon 5 carries a game or some short yardage redzone work

Just Sayin with injuries and suspensions, and the age of holdouts we need to have as much talent in the backfeild remember we are 1 year removed from Shaud Williams still on the roster

mysticsoto
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM

Now that's the 1st time I've agreed with Op in awhile...

Michael82
07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm going to predict something right now....

Dwayne Wright gets cut before the final cutdown. He won't make the roster.

TigerJ
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM
I just hope Will James isn't this year's Jason WebsterThey are completely different CBs. Webster was a smurf with speed. James has good size, and is very physical. I don't know how fast ye is, but I would guess he has only average speed. That's not a big issue in zone coverage. James also played last season after recovering from surgery. He demonstrated that the injury was not going to be a problem. Webster had not played the previous season (I don't think) when Buffalo signed him.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm going to predict something right now....

Dwayne Wright gets cut before the final cutdown. He won't make the roster.

Im with you on that

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
They are completely different CBs. Webster was a smurf with speed. James has good size, and is very physical. I don't know how fast ye is, but I would guess he has only average speed. That's not a big issue in zone coverage. James also played last season after recovering from surgery. He demonstrated that the injury was not going to be a problem. Webster had not played the previous season (I don't think) when Buffalo signed him.

I agree. He looked good last night. He was very physical at the line. I mentioned that he was giving Hardy a tough time, but he was also giving a hard time to anyone he covered. He should be solid in press coverage.

madness
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Corner was a good pick from the start. He came in more polished then most CB's in the draft and now it's showing.