• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

stars of camp

I’ve only been able to make one practice so far. However, I have several buddies and a couple of bloggers who’ve been to all the of the practices. Talked to one last night and asked a simple question; Who’s been the star of camp in the early going. The answer kind of shocked me.

He said Will James has been a stud in camp. He’s been making plays all over the field. He also mentioned Kyle Williams.

And as far as the rookies, he said it’s the lower round picks that have looked really good. He said Odom has looked solid (don’t’ we always have an unheralded RB every year in camp?) and Steve Johnson has looked really good, far better than Jenkins. But what surprised me the most is he said far and away the best looking rookie so far has been Reggie Corner.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Captain gameboy
    • Jul 2002

Re: stars of camp

Do you mean the higher round picks, like 4-7?
    Seriously.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I just hope Will James isn't this year's Jason Webster
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

It would be hysterical if Corner ends up being a late round find with the reaction people had when the Bills drafted him.

Channel 4 showed Omon fumbling the other night. I was expecting 2 or 3 panic threads about the guy.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I’ve only been able to make one practice so far. However, I have several buddies and a couple of bloggers who’ve been to all the of the practices. Talked to one last night and asked a simple question; Who’s been the star of camp in the early going. The answer kind of shocked me.

He said Will James has been a stud in camp. He’s been making plays all over the field. He also mentioned Kyle Williams.

And as far as the rookies, he said it’s the lower round picks that have looked really good. He said Odom has looked solid (don’t’ we always have an unheralded RB every year in camp?) and Steve Johnson has looked really good, far better than Jenkins. But what surprised me the most is he said far and away the best looking rookie so far has been Reggie Corner.
          Couldnt agree more about Corner. I even mentioned something after saturdays practice about how good he looked. In saturdays practice he was the best CB on the field. He has great timing on the ball. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the nickel.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I think it's not unusual for a low round pick to find a spot and impress.

However, when the season begins and it's real games, these guys fade like outdoor lawn furniture.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

At the two practices I went to, I gotta agree with that....

Will James has been awesome, making plays, shutting down the receivers. I've also been impressed with Reggie Corner and Jabari Greer.

As for Kyle Williams, he wasn't there on the first day, but he shined on Saturday morning and I think it's because Stroud is making him better.

Omon looks extremely fast, but I think he's too raw right now. Steve Johnson has had some good moments and some bad. I preferred Hardy at the two practices I went to.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

From what I read of Chris Brown's training camp reports, it sounds like Jabari Greer was the star of the first night practice. If Will James is stepping up too, it sounds like McKelvin might have a hard time getting a lot of snaps this year. That's ok with me though. It's nice to have depth and not have to rely on rookies to do well.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Channel 4 showed Omon fumbling the other night. I was expecting 2 or 3 panic threads about the guy.
                  why? Even if Omon completely sucks, we have Lynch, Jackson and Wright. RB is one of our strongest positions and at best he'll be 3rd string. Who cares if a likely 4th stringer is fumbling in camp?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                    Couldnt agree more about Corner. I even mentioned something after saturdays practice about how good he looked. In saturdays practice he was the best CB on the field. He has great timing on the ball. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the nickel.
                    Thats good, considering we play the pats twice..who loveee to pass the ball, its good to see we have skill at our 3rd and 4th corners..love to hear it!!

Comment

• DrGraves
                      • Mar 2008

i agree with opiv... i mean unless marshawn or fred gets hurt this guy will not get a single carry all year.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        why? Even if Omon completely sucks, we have Lynch, Jackson and Wright. RB is one of our strongest positions and at best he'll be 3rd string. Who cares if a likely 4th stringer is fumbling in camp?
                        Agreed, no worries about omon..we might see him on the goaline maybe..an if so, all he has to do is the run ball 3 feet or less..should be no worries.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

I hate to say it, but if u look at teams like Pitt and NE etc, they find ways to utilize multiple Rbs, especially when u have to with very good size and stature like Wright and Omon, Lynch will get the bulk for sure, and Jackson is gonna get alot of work, and also some spread formation RB in the slot stuff, but still doesnt mean that we cant give Wright, and Omon 5 carries a game or some short yardage redzone work

Just Sayin with injuries and suspensions, and the age of holdouts we need to have as much talent in the backfeild remember we are 1 year removed from Shaud Williams still on the roster
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Now that's the 1st time I've agreed with Op in awhile...

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

I'm going to predict something right now....

Dwayne Wright gets cut before the final cutdown. He won't make the roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X