PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Aiken a Special Special Teamer

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/x478787114/Patriots-Sam-Aiken-a-special-special-teamer

LtBillsFan66
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Of course that's his favorite play. It's the only time he plays.

camelcowboy
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I thought the article was going to be about him riding the little yellow bus to work

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
he was a great special teamer for us.

DraftBoy
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
He will be missed on ST more than likely

LtBillsFan66
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
He's utterly replaceable.

The Spaz
07-30-2008, 12:00 PM
No longer a member of the Bills so therefore don't really care. Jenkins will do just as well IMO.

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Belichick seems pleased with him so far:

Sam is one of our early signings. He was with us through the entire off-season program and of course training camp he has performed well all the way through. He has gotten off to a good start here in training camp. He did a good job in the spring. He had a real good off-season program. He worked hard in the passing camps and he showed up very positive here in training camp both as a receiver and in the kicking game. He is a big guy and strong - very strong for his position. He is tough, very professional and works hard at his job. Football is important to him. He is on top of things. If he makes a mistake, he really works hard to correct it and make sure he has it right the next time. I like his attitude, I like his work ethic and I like his versatility. He has done a good job. We have a long way to go but to this point he’s been here since the first day of the off-season program and here we are at the end of July and he’s been very consistent for us. I think he is a good addition to our team.

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/07/belichick_qa_da_1.html)

I didn't really see where Aiken fit on the team, given Kelley Washington seems like a similar player and they drafted Matthew Slater, who is another ST/WR guy. However, Belichick really seems to like him and he seems like he will make the final roster. Usually Belichick brings guys like this in because he sees them fitting very well in certain roles. I'm not sure how extensive a role he has in mind for Aiken, but I think he makes the team.