PDA

View Full Version : Meeting between Favre and Packer CEO

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
:rofl:

A Favre spokesperson said that the meeting between Favre, Murphy, and agent Bus Cook would last most of the day. But we’re having trouble understanding why it would take so long, especially when it will go something like this . . . .

Murphy: “Will you not come back?”

Favre: “No. Will you release me?”

Murphy: “No. Will you not come back?”

Cook: “These pretzels are making me thirsty.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/30/favre-shows-up-late-for-murphy-meeting/

Ebenezer
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
The bottom line is the Packers are forcing BF out and BF wants to continue playing. The same as the Bills did to Kelly. I know they have paid Rogers a lot of money but personally they should have realized that BF could have played for at least one more year.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
This is Favre's fault.

Every year he can't make up his mind. Is he going to retire? Is he going to play? From the team's standpoint they need to know early so they can plan for it via the draft, FA, cap, etc. But he leaves them hanging every year.

So now after 3 years of that BS, they finally told them "hey Brett we really need to know this year. Make up your mind by the end of March okay?" So he decided to retire, made a big tear jerker production out of it, with all the "I know I can still play, but I don't think I want to."

Great, chapter closed.

But guess what? May came around and he got the itch. By that time the Packers still gave him a chance. They asked him Brett are you going to come back? He said not sure but I think I might want to play. Well they need a definitive answer one way or another, but Favre was being wishy-washy.

So they moved on without him. Can you blame them?

The only thing I think is messed up is that they know they want to move on with Rodgers, but at the same time they don't want the Vikings to have him either. If I were the Packers I'd say "alright fine, we've moved on because we don't want any of your drama. Plus we think Rodgers can win games for us. So go do what you want, play for whoever you want. We'll still beat you."

The Packers need to take that chance and cut the cord, and release him outright.

hydro
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
:bf1: My sentiments exactly :miyagi:

Brett Farve has only been thinking of himself in this matter. Bout time the Packers take a stand.

Ebenezer
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
This is Favre's fault.

Every year he can't make up his mind. Is he going to retire? Is he going to play? From the team's standpoint they need to know early so they can plan for it via the draft, FA, cap, etc. But he leaves them hanging every year.

So now after 3 years of that BS, they finally told them "hey Brett we really need to know this year. Make up your mind by the end of March okay?" So he decided to retire, made a big tear jerker production out of it, with all the "I know I can still play, but I don't think I want to."

I'm willing to give BF the benefit of the doubt that the Packers have been trying to push him out for three years.