PDA

View Full Version : If I was in the FO, I'd tell Peters to pound sand...

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Until he is fully evaluated and his conditioning / health inspected. He is coming off an injury and no one has seen the guy in months. It would be difficult to triple a players salary without seeing the goods in action. Injury healed? Conditioning? Mindset?

Show up, work hard and good things can happen.

OpIv37
07-30-2008, 01:18 PM
When you used "pound sand" in the thread title, I thought this was going to be one of your nonsense threads, but you do bring up a good point (how's that for a left-handed compliment?).

Since Peters hasn't reported, it's possible that the team doctors haven't observed his post-injury status. This could be a sticking point in the negotiations: maybe the Bills are refusing to budge until they can examine him, which would be a smart move on the team's part.

I wonder if there's any chance that he feels his career could be shortened and is trying to get as much money out of the team while he still can. I know- conspiracy theory, borderline insane, etc. But the thought has crossed my mind a few times since this situation developed.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Jesus Christ.

The team picked him up when he went undrafted, gave him time to learn even though his Wunderlic score was 8 (yes, single digit), eventually moved him to a position that best suited him and helped him succeed, even extended his contract only having played T for half a year. So he had that one good year and made the Pro Bowl, thanks to everything the Bills did for him, and now the team OWES him another big contract?

Come in and show that you can play well for more than one season and we'll talk, you ungrateful stupid fat ****.

:mad:

Ickybaluky
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
If the Bills worked out a deal with Peters it would be contingent on his passing certain criteria, including a physical exam. If he showed up out of weight or injured, then that would void the deal.

DraftBoy
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Im glad you're not in our FO then Skoobs

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
If the Bills worked out a deal with Peters it would be contingent on his passing certain criteria, including a physical exam. If he showed up out of weight or injured, then that would void the deal.

Many players admitted signing deals that forced teams to commit huge sums of money just to collect a paycheck. They just want to make it to their trigger point. If you also don't think that injured players show up hiding injuries to collect huge paychecks, you are sadly naive. Players show up hurt almost every preseason for one reason or another and somehow find a way around showing it. If you think we had 19 guys on IR last season all from field injuries, you need to split your drugs with me.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Skooby, this by far your best thread.

I was thinking about this last night and wondered the exact same thing.

How many times have we seen guys, after injuries, sign a new deal and than end up sitting because they aren't fully recovered.

This was a torn groin so how easy is the rehab on that???

cocamide
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I wonder if there's any chance that he feels his career could be shortened and is trying to get as much money out of the team while he still can. I know- conspiracy theory, borderline insane, etc. But the thought has crossed my mind a few times since this situation developed.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. How serious was that injury last year? I forget exactly what it was, but maybe it scared Peters and he realized he needs to get paid now because his (and any other player's) career could be over in one play.

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Im glad you're not in our FO then Skoobs

This is one of the first things you think of when a player is a complete no show for all team events after an injury. You have to wonder why the limited communication and why isn't this guy around? After all the team did for him and after being a undrafted nobody, this is the repayment we get with 3 left years on a stretch contract to start with, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He is trying to force the team to show they will redo contracts prematurely when talented is cultivated into something of real use. That's really great for the "team first" we are trying to instill on the Bills.

Ebenezer
07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Until he is fully evaluated and his conditioning / health inspected. He is coming off an injury and no one has seen the guy in months. It would be difficult to triple a players salary without seeing the goods in action. Injury healed? Conditioning? Mindset?

Show up, work hard and good things can happen.
I completely agree with the post.

One thing though...."pound sand"...i say it each time people want FO's to sound like pushy jerks...while Peters has no leverage at all imagine if your employer took that attitude with you. Would you be a happy camper and want to be at your best? This is why stars get the star treatment. Treat even the lowest player like crap and they won't exactly want to work hard for the organization, would they? Think how you would feel.

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I completely agree with the post.

One thing though...."pound sand"...i say it each time people want FO's to sound like pushy jerks...while Peters has no leverage at all imagine if your employer took that attitude with you. Would you be a happy camper and want to be at your best? This is why stars get the star treatment. Treat even the lowest player like crap and they won't exactly want to work hard for the organization, would they? Think how you would feel.

Maybe "Pound Sand" was a little tough but the idea is the Bills need to take a real hard stance on the whole matter. Blurting out "pounding sand" would not be the best choice of words and whatever massaging they want to take to get there is ok by me. If you're getting paid $3 Million a year and looking to get $8 Million - $10 Million a year, you better be ready to play some football and be able to show your best stuff on the field.

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Jesus Christ.

The team picked him up when he went undrafted, gave him time to learn even though his Wunderlic score was 8 (yes, single digit), eventually moved him to a position that best suited him and helped him succeed, even extended his contract only having played T for half a year. So he had that one good year and made the Pro Bowl, thanks to everything the Bills did for him, and now the team OWES him another big contract?

Come in and show that you can play well for more than one season and we'll talk, you ungrateful stupid fat ****.

:mad:

Can you imagine not showing up to work to do your job and asking for triple your salary?? That's a big pill swallow and given our current "negotiations" with Lee who's contract is almost expired, we have to fry that fish first. You don't see Lee saying, "I'm underpaid and my contract is over, even though he is underpaid for current market. Lee is there and working OT with Trent to get better, that's a commiment.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ebenezer
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Can you imagine not showing up to work to do your job and asking for triple your salary?? That's a big pill swallow and given our current "negotiations" with Lee who's contract is almost expired, we have to fry that fish first. You don't see Lee saying, "I'm underpaid and my contract is over, even though he is underpaid for current market. Lee is there and working OT with Trent to get better, that's a commiment.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
ah.....but companies do "rip up" contracts all the time. In the non-union world people get cost of living adjustments and raises otherwise they would be working under the same "day to day contract" forever.

If you really want to view the NFL as a union then contracts should be guaranteed and players should be bound for what they sign for.

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
ah.....but companies do "rip up" contracts all the time. In the non-union world people get cost of living adjustments and raises otherwise they would be working under the same "day to day contract" forever.

If you really want to view the NFL as a union then contracts should be guaranteed and players should be bound for what they sign for.

I agree with you but the current case of guaranteed money is pretty juicy considering what these guys earn. Feeling bad for Peters only earning $3 M a season is just silly, seriously.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah, the guy may be a 160 pound chanting, tofu eating Hari Kristna Zen-spouting monk for all we know. Come to camp, Jason, so we can see you are the big fat bastard we've all come to know and love.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Peters is injured, this holdup to meeting means he wants the Bills to jump first without showing the goods.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Peters is injured, this holdup to meeting means he wants the Bills to jump first without showing the goods.

You might be right.

ddaryl
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I would be happy if they would just come to Buffalo and have dialog.

this whole situation reeks... and I have to placce ALL of the blame on Peters and Parker.

Our OL will suck without Peters... However I will blame him for every game we lose when he is not here, not the FO...

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I would be happy if they would just come to Buffalo and have dialog.

this whole situation reeks... and I have to placce ALL of the blame on Peters and Parker.

Our OL will suck without Peters... However I will blame him for every game we lose when he is not here, not the FO...

Animosity, the final result if this situation if it drags out.

justasportsfan
08-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Maybe "Pound Sand" was a little tough but the idea is the Bills need to take a real hard stance on the whole matter. .
It's hard for the bills to just take a hard stance especially after just gave Aaron a raise just because they overpaid Kelsay. Don't forget how much Dockery and Walker are being paid in comparison to Peters.

Since some people made assumptions based on what Parker has done in the past, I can also assume that Russ would give Peters a raise since he's done it in the past with Schoebel. Difference is, Aaron didn't hold out.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
It's hard for the bills to just take a hard stance especially after just gave Aaron a raise just because they overpaid Kelsay. Don't forget how much Dockery and Walker are being paid in comparison to Peters.

Since some people made assumptions based on what Parker has done in the past, I can also assume that Russ would give Peters a raise since he's done it in the past with Schoebel. Difference is, Aaron didn't hold out.

That is a big difference right now, show up and earn.

Ebenezer
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM

by why won't Peters at least answer the calls?? something is fishy.

Ronald Hinckleberry
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Speaking of pounding....it seems Peters is letting his agent pound him from behind. Why else would he be so stupid to not communicate with the Bills?

Mitchy moo
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Speaking of pounding....it seems Peters is letting his agent pound him from behind. Why else would he be so stupid to not communicate with the Bills?

:rockon: