PDA

View Full Version : Trent Struggling

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Listening to WGR. . Paul Hamilton just said that Trent Edwards was brutal again at practice today.

Said his timing looks terrible and he badly underthrew a ball in the red zone that Terrence McGee picked off and would've easily returned for a TD.

Said he looks uncomfortable and that it seems he's trying too hard. Also said the offense in general looks awful right now.

That's not cool to hear; training camp or not.

DrGraves
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
is it too late to bring in a seasoned hall of fame veteran???? ;)

TigerJ
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Again? I heard he had a poor practice. Chris Brown said that Schonert ran a lot of new plays last night, and some have suggested Edwards' discomfort related to that. Has it been reported that he has had other bad practices, other than early in OTAs where it was reported he looked rusty?

Jaybird
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
new places take time to learn... relax people no need to freak out yet!

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I didnt see practice today, I'm going on Paul Hamilton's report on WGR.. he said that something looks really off about him with his timing and his throws.. I dont kwno what the problem is.

He's got to improve this year.. I"m an Edwards guy and pushed for him to start since camp LAST year. It's one thing to hear about a guy struggling a bit at camp, but its odd in his case to hear how he's struggling.

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm not freaking out.. Im just reciting what was reported today.

lordofgun
If he struggles in actual preseason games, I'll get worried.

cocamide
Hopefully the first preseason game isn't awful. If it is, we'll see about 15 more Edwards v. Losman threads, along with a couple Favre threads (if his fate hasn't been decided already).

ScottLawrence
07-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I've read another report that suggested opposite.

Saying Trent was on today going through his progressions quickly and completing most of his balls.

OpIv37
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
If he struggles in actual preseason games, I'll get worried.

and then when he struggles in preseason games you'll say "when he struggles in actual games I'll get worried".

And then he'll struggle in the regular season games and it'll be too late.

People here tend to subscribe to this view that once the games start to count, players magically get better.

lordofgun
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
and then when he struggles in preseason games you'll say "when he struggles in actual games I'll get worried".

And then he'll struggle in the regular season games and it'll be too late.

People here tend to subscribe to this view that once the games start to count, players magically get better.
BTW, I'd rather have Favre. But I'm not worried.

And too late for what?

helmetguy
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
"With the first pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...."

patmoran2006
Hopefully the first preseason game isn't awful. If it is, we'll see about 15 more Edwards v. Losman threads, along with a couple Favre threads (if his fate hasn't been decided already).
Favre's destiny will probably be decided by Friday.

GB had two practices today and is off tommorow.. I'd imagine they make their move with him sometime tommorow. who the hell knows anymore though.

DraftBoy

Matthew Stafford??

DraftBoy
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
By the way Im refraining from commenting as my position on Trent is already well established.

bigbub2352
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
It is the first week of a new system on a second year QB, it takes time, anyone who thought we were coming out of the gates doesnt no football, we got to get thru the preaseason live action that will tell you how he is doing, not watching him in practice, that is when you are suppossed to look bad

way to early to say the sky is falling
Hamilton is a fat dead fish, and glad he finally woke to contribute anything to WGR, he is so cocky and opinated and negative stick to hockey fatso

HHURRICANE
07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm actually not that worried. He said that they had just installed a bunch of stuff hours before the night practice and maybe they are still trying to get it right today.

Trent didn't look too worried in his interview after practice.

That's why they call it "practice".

When pre-season starts that when I'll be watching cloesly.

It might help if his left side was being blocked by Peters instead of Walker.

trapezeus
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah, it's not great to hear that he's struggling, but he's got to learn somewhere. especially if they are new plays and the OL is different. IF there are glaring set backs during preseason, i'll start to worry.

Previously, we've heard our other QB's look so good during TC and we were hoping it would translate into something good. maybe this change of pace is just what we need.

Philagape
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Hamilton is a fat dead fish

:rofl:

HHURRICANE
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Wasn't last night the first night he didn't play well?

Geez.

You guys act like Jim Kelly never had a bad day.

If this was 3 or 4 days in a row, like someone I remember last year, than I might worry.

It might help to have Peters there as well.

Oaf
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Before last night, he was looking crispy or whatever so I'm not worried.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
OMG I'm jumping off the bridge right now. Don't you dare stop me.

Philagape
07-30-2008, 04:21 PM
If it's because of the o-line shuffling, that's no excuse. There also was a noticeable difference in Trent after Peters went down last year. He needs to get over that. We're not talking about actual pressure forcing a throw; this is a mental factor.
If that's what it is.

X-Era
07-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Listening to WGR. . Paul Hamilton just said that Trent Edwards was brutal again at practice today.

Said his timing looks terrible and he badly underthrew a ball in the red zone that Terrence McGee picked off and would've easily returned for a TD.

Said he looks uncomfortable and that it seems he's trying too hard. Also said the offense in general looks awful right now.

Wait, WGR had something negative to say... :rolleyes:

You should change your title to "WGR is struggling"

Did you forget they have a new O coordinator with new plays? I guess Trent should not make any mistakes even when running new plays... they should be perfect the first time he runs them.

Just more hacks reporting crap IMO

HHURRICANE
07-30-2008, 04:28 PM
The official site didn't say he struggled at all.

Ebenezer
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I suspect he will struggle all season...he will have his ups and downs...he's only a second year player and didn't even start the whole year last year. it's going to be a growing process and I can hear most of the fans and what their reaction will be.

madness
07-30-2008, 04:33 PM
On his reaction to the move of Langston<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I think it’s kind of necessary. You’ve got to try some guys in different spots, whatever’s going to give your team the best chance to win and I think the coaches see that moving those guys around might do that for us. So why not give it a shot right now? Now’s the time to make your mistakes. I know I made a couple of mistakes with some throws today and I was talking to the quarterbacks and said now is when I want to make my mistakes in these practices rather than during the season so we’re moving some guys around, we’re throwing some balls that we won’t be throwing in the season. But just to try some things out, now is the time to do it.

:shocked: He admits to it too!<o:p></o:p>

Michael82
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
He's right.....Trent was awful today! :ill:

Then again, JP would have been sacked or scrambled every single time in the 7on7. He was terrible too. :ill:

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Jesus Christ.. Reading comphrension people.

This isn't a judge Trent Edwards thread.. IT was a thread based on what a WGR reporter at camp said about TODAY'S practice.

lordofgun
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM

This isn't a judge Trent Edwards thread.. IT was a thread based on what a WGR reporter at camp said about TODAY'S practice.
Leave Jesus out of this. :mad:

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Pat Moran <------ Big Trent Edwards fan.

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM

Ya know what that is? Every team in the league early in camp, nothing more. But many Bill fans think it's strictly a Dolphin problem....guess not!

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Are you capable of even getting through a single comment without coming off as an idiot.

Trust me, the BIlls got 99 problems right now, but the ***** Fins aint one!

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 05:35 PM
The official site didn't say he struggled at all. Because that's where they sell the TICKETS!!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes... Trent will struggle. That should be no secret to anybody outside of the "Trent is God" circle. Now maybe some of you JP haters will settle down a bit.

Go Bills, Go Trent, Go JP!!!

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Are you capable of even getting through a single comment without coming off as an idiot.

Trust me, the BIlls got 99 problems right now, but the ***** Fins aint one!

Oh right, you sound like a genius wehn saying things like "I also feel like the Bills have a shot at the playoffs" Mind you, this because the Bills won 7 games last year! That's the kind of idiot stuff that you say!!

I draw a simple conclusion based a long histroy of camps and you act like an jerk about it. Get over yourself.

feelthepain
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Yes... Trent will struggle. That should be no secret to anybody outside of the "Trent is God" circle. Now maybe some of you JP haters will settle down a bit.

...simma down na!!

Nighthawk
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM

Honestly, I'd much rather hear this than last year when everybody was stating that JP looked great and that the offense looked awesome. This seems like a good thing to me.

X-Era
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM

Exactly, the whiny little *****y homo's at WGR yet again coudlnt find anything positive to say. Thats not news, its standard operations for those tools.

Line them up and let us REAL fans lay them out one by one.

Cant stand them if you cant tell.

Just because someone hands you a microphone doesnt mean your a reporter. If THATS the case, my daughter is Tom Brokaw, from her sing along karaoke machine.

Truth is she's actually a better reporter and shes only 5.

X-Era
07-30-2008, 05:46 PM

Completely agree, I just dont want to take anything WGR says with any amount of worth. They are useless.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
It's the 6th day of camp - with Sunday off - for crissakes. Different guys are going to struggle at different times all the way through. Let's not read too much into this obsessive microanalysis of every single burp and fart of every player.

Yasgur's Farm
07-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Completely agree, I just dont want to take anything WGR says with any amount of worth. They are useless.Don't take their word for it...
Now’s the time to make your mistakes. I know I made a couple of mistakes with some throws today and I was talking to the quarterbacks and said now is when I want to make my mistakes in these practices rather than during the season...

The Jokeman
07-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Let's see this is the 3rd year the defense has worked under Perry Fewell. Whereas this is Trent's first year as a starter and first year in Turk's offense. Not to mention I feel we have better talent on the D and most of the time defenses to better in the early part of camp. So to hear him struggle is not a surprise yet come Week 1 against Seattle he better be ready when things really matter.

X-Era
07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Let's see this is the 3rd year the defense has worked under Perry Fewell. Whereas this is Trent's first year as a starter and first year in Turk's offense. Not to mention I feel we have better talent on the D and most of the time defenses to better in the early part of camp. So to hear him struggle is not a surprise yet come Week 1 against Seattle he better be ready when things really matter.

This will be an interesting opener for sure. I think we will learn alot from that game.

I see us moving the ball down the field and scoring pretty early and setting the tone that we can play with anyone.

SABURZFAN
07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
OMG I'm jumping off the bridge right now. Don't you dare stop me.

we won't.

X-Era
07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
we won't.

Speak for yourself... YOU wont.

OpIv37
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
It is the first week of a new system on a second year QB, it takes time, anyone who thought we were coming out of the gates doesnt no football, we got to get thru the preaseason live action that will tell you how he is doing, not watching him in practice, that is when you are suppossed to look bad

way to early to say the sky is falling
Hamilton is a fat dead fish, and glad he finally woke to contribute anything to WGR, he is so cocky and opinated and negative stick to hockey fatso

actually it's too late to say the sky is falling. It fell a long time ago when we didn't upgrade the O in FA.

acehole
07-30-2008, 06:56 PM
By the way Im refraining from commenting as my position on Trent is already well established.

ditto.

Where are the Manning/elway comparisons now?

July 30, 2008 and Trend Edwards has yet to do squat in the NFL.

We shall see.

Farve is looking better and better to me as the days pass.

3rdn1
07-30-2008, 08:43 PM
so im kinda new to the boards.....so listening to u yall get crmped up over trent is kinda funny.......as stated before it pratice.....maybe the reciver was off on his steps.... i heard if he would took a differnt angle the pass would hasve been on target.

LABillsFan
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Every stinking year someone points out that a player is struggling right off the bat of training camp. This is SOOOOOOOOOOO old. Haven't we all been watching football long enough to know that a new OC is going to have new plays and instill them right off the bat TO GET THE PLAYERS USED TO THEM!!!!!!!!

Paul said Trent under threw one in the endzone. What I didn't hear was if the receiver ran too long or made a bad break. Was it the first time they ran the play or the 20th? Not saying it isn't TE, but there are just too many variables to point out a qb on TIMING ROUTES. Remember its a WC style O, with timing.

Get a grip.

djjimkelly
07-30-2008, 11:18 PM

this is what ive been saying all offseason.

btw if we struggle let it be real bad we need a new HC too

djjimkelly
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
The official site didn't say he struggled at all.

go figure

SABURZFAN
07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Speak for yourself... YOU wont.

calm down, Mr. Superhero.

Dujek
07-31-2008, 05:40 AM
Guys, it's straightforward. They tried some new things, it didn't work. Some reporter saw this and decided to do go all Discotrish on us.

The world is not ending, those plays could well already be on the office floor and we'll never see them again. Some days you have better practices than others, if there is no improvement as practices move on there would be a cause for concern. Right now it's one bad day.

X-Era
07-31-2008, 06:03 AM
calm down, Mr. Superhero.

Thats me, saving the board one junk post at a time.

don137
07-31-2008, 06:06 AM
Go to any NFL Camp and they will say the same exact thing every year at every camp at this point, "the defense is looking better than the offense and the offense is struggling a bit with timing and execution." It happens every year yet people get all bent out of shape about it.
I am sure you will hear the same thing during the first couple of pre-season games on how the defense is shutting down the offense. I remember Kelly and company struggling all preseason then light it up in September.
Any negative news is never good but this system pretty common.

Dujek
07-31-2008, 06:31 AM
One other thing, in a session like this if a receiver misses a step, or turns the wrong way it's always the guy throwing him the ball who looks out of touch.

Everyone's still learning, it'll come. Hopefully.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Every stinking year someone points out that a player is struggling right off the bat of training camp. This is SOOOOOOOOOOO old. Haven't we all been watching football long enough to know that a new OC is going to have new plays and instill them right off the bat TO GET THE PLAYERS USED TO THEM!!!!!!!!

Paul said Trent under threw one in the endzone. What I didn't hear was if the receiver ran too long or made a bad break. Was it the first time they ran the play or the 20th? Not saying it isn't TE, but there are just too many variables to point out a qb on TIMING ROUTES. Remember its a WC style O, with timing.

Get a grip.

And then in preseason you'll be like its early guys, its still only preseason..idc if we have a new OC or not, hearing a QB is struggling is scary..i dont care how early is, because it starts in training camp..then in preseason..then in regular season.

SABuffalo786
07-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Calm down guys. I'm going to training camp tonight so I'll give the final word if this season will be succesful or not by tomorrow morning. ;)

PECKERWOOD
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
No pain, no gain. I'm not worried.

bills_7
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM

why would we freak out JP can step in and run this offence no problem

Bill Brasky
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM

shocking! a 2nd year qb learning a new offense, without his LT, a rookie #2 WR, and no TE. didn't see this coming. especially 1 week into TC. i was def expecting a super-bowl caliber offense showcasing itself at this point in camp.

maybe paul hamilton can waddle off his fat useless ass and produce better results since he seems to know so damn much.

acehole
07-31-2008, 06:13 PM
shocking! a 2nd year qb learning a new offense, without his LT, a rookie #2 WR, and no TE. didn't see this coming. especially 1 week into TC. i was def expecting a super-bowl caliber offense showcasing itself at this point in camp.

maybe paul hamilton can waddle off his fat useless ass and produce better results since he seems to know so damn much.

it was the great mind of Philage3 who said when looking at the qb one must only look at the qb.

These excuses can not be used by the Trent fans.

I agree it is early...but you guys act shocked?

What has he ever done to prove otherwise?

He has a ton to prove to this fan....he better step it up.

This is a good team we have here...we have not had in a long time.

We better not waste it .....

Bret Farve = contender

!Papacrunk!
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
I guess a lot of camps have some struggling QBs, not too shocking at the beginning of camp

SABURZFAN
07-31-2008, 09:37 PM
why would we freak out JP can step in and run this offence no problem

i'll take my chances with Hamdan.

tat2dmike77
07-31-2008, 09:41 PM
It's training camp this is what it is for to work the kinks out. I'm not making excuses for Trent. But this is what training camp is for.

If he is still struggling in week 3 of the reg season then i might start to worry.

Losman4Life
07-31-2008, 09:48 PM

This shouldn't be a surprise. Edwards was brutally awful all last year too and cost us a lot of games. If jp was starting all season we easily would have been in the playoffs. How jauron still has a job baffles me!

SABURZFAN
07-31-2008, 09:55 PM
If jp was starting all season we easily would have been in the playoffs.

Mahdi
07-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Practice??? We talkin about practice??? Practice???

Cmon its just practice... im pretty sure like others have said they are installing new plays with the new OC and trying out those plays for the first time. Its not going to magically look good right off the bat. How could there possibly be good timing when they are just starting out with a new playbook? We also have to remember that Trent is still throwing to Josh Reed at the other starting wr spot and robert royal down the seem, that in itself will be hazardous to any play.

LABillsFan
07-31-2008, 11:36 PM
And then in preseason you'll be like its early guys, its still only preseason..idc if we have a new OC or not, hearing a QB is struggling is scary..i dont care how early is, because it starts in training camp..then in preseason..then in regular season.

Hmm, 2nd year QB, new OC, new OC philosophy, new receivers. Pretty sure he is going to struggle. I can deal with it.

Patti120
08-01-2008, 07:43 AM
I wonder if Tom Brady struggles in camp?

Thank God we have Hamdan!

Get er done Marv!

Wally The Barber
08-01-2008, 08:05 AM
If we were playing Seattle this week, I would be a tad worried

I hope you are willing to give us an update 30 days from now

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2008, 12:57 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise. Edwards was brutally awful all last year too and cost us a lot of games. If jp was starting all season we easily would have been in the playoffs. How jauron still has a job baffles me!

Watcha gowna do? Watcha gowna do when Losmania runs wild owhn you?~!

Philagape
08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Please don't feed the trolls. :nono:

acehole
08-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Practice??? We talkin about practice??? Practice???

Cmon its just practice... im pretty sure like others have said they are installing new plays with the new OC and trying out those plays for the first time. Its not going to magically look good right off the bat. How could there possibly be good timing when they are just starting out with a new playbook? We also have to remember that Trent is still throwing to Josh Reed at the other starting wr spot and robert royal down the seem, that in itself will be hazardous to any play.

Right but an out route is an out route is an out route.....

Ingtar33
08-02-2008, 04:14 AM
i remember Kelly looking like crap in most Bills camps.

hell he looked awful in preseason.

it is PRESEASON/TRAINING CAMP folks.

Please... get a grip. If i made decisions about my squad in spring practice i'd have a terrible football team. some men just don't light it up every practice.

Frankly, after what i saw the last 3 years, I'm not sure how there could be any doubt left that TE is the best QB on this squad. is he NFL ready? tossup at best on that question. Frankly, we have no other legit options... unless you're satisfied with perpetual 6-10 or 7-9 seasons with JP.

acehole
08-02-2008, 09:13 AM
yes but kelly did somthing in the season...what has trent done again?

Please... get a grip. If i made decisions about my squad in spring practice i'd have a terrible football team. some men just don't light it up every practice.

Frankly, after what i saw the last 3 years, I'm not sure how there could be any doubt left that TE is the best QB on this squad. is he NFL ready? tossup at best on that question. Frankly, we have no other legit options... unless you're satisfied with perpetual 6-10 or 7-9 seasons with JP.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-02-2008, 09:59 AM

Trent Edwards didnt cost us ****, you shouldnt be baffled that Jauron still has a job, it should be that JP is still on this team..

Hahahah if jp was starting the entire year we would went to the playoffs..it's not like Trent lost those games against the cowboys and broncos..give me a break.

acehole
08-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Trent Edwards didnt cost us ****, you shouldnt be baffled that Jauron still has a job, it should be that JP is still on this team..

Hahahah if jp was starting the entire year we would went to the playoffs..it's not like Trent lost those games against the cowboys and broncos..give me a break.

Hit play on the Dallas Cowboy game...and then....

Play this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ieouAkYYI

SABURZFAN
08-02-2008, 11:44 AM

it seems that quite a few people are satisfied with a 6-10 or 7-9 season with Losman. these idiots need to get kicked in the head.

mayotm
08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
it was the great mind of Philage3 who said when looking at the qb one must only look at the qb.

These excuses can not be used by the Trent fans.

I agree it is early...but you guys act shocked?

What has he ever done to prove otherwise?

He has a ton to prove to this fan....he better step it up.

This is a good team we have here...we have not had in a long time.

We better not waste it .....

Bret Farve = contenderWhy not write Tom Brady = contender or Peyton Manning = contender? Those two scenarios are about as likely. Give up the Brett Favre crap!

SABURZFAN
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Give up the Brett Favre crap!

it's just acehole being an acehole. :beers:

acehole
08-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Why not write Tom Brady = contender or Peyton Manning = contender? Those two scenarios are about as likely. Give up the Brett Favre crap!

No.

I am for anything that improves my team.

acehole
08-02-2008, 08:28 PM
it's just acehole being an acehole. :beers:

I have worked hard from my name sake......

Why Saber...Farve would look good in a Bills uni?

Never say never...

Especially if Trend contiues the crap fest at camp..

djjimkelly
08-02-2008, 09:04 PM
it seems that quite a few people are satisfied with a 6-10 or 7-9 season with Losman. these idiots need to get kicked in the head.

u come to canada u can try lol

acehole
08-05-2008, 09:42 PM

So funny how the better qb gets credited with the losses...

And the crappy one gets the credit for the wins even
though he had litte to do with them.

Very lazy thinking..

GO TRENT!

trapezeus
08-05-2008, 11:41 PM
No.

I am for anything that improves my team.

yet you want JP as the starter....quite a paradox you've created there.

acehole
08-06-2008, 07:50 AM
yet you want JP as the starter....quite a paradox you've created there.

jp is statistically the beter qb.
quite a fantasy you have created there...

Romes
08-06-2008, 08:06 AM
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -- Albert Einstein

SABURZFAN
08-06-2008, 08:25 AM
u come to canada u can try lol

it sounds as if you had one too many already.

Confused
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
The bills report on lastnite's practice said trent has been accurate all of camp. Maybe pat moron needs to do a little research before he starts incendiary threads.

guy
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
DO NOT LISTEN TO WGR UNLESS YOU ARE A SABRES FAN,THEY CAN DO NO WRONG!!!! GO BILLS , GO HABS !!!!

paladin warrior
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
He's right.....Trent was awful today! :ill:

Then again, JP would have been sacked or scrambled every single time in the 7on7. He was terrible too. :ill: You saw it.. And You went there.. For real..