X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Sirius 2-Minute Drill on Brandon's comments

I've had Sirius NFL on in the background all day, and the 2-Minute drill just reported Russ Brandon's comment that the team is done publicly discussing the Jason Peters situation. They ALSO reported that Brandon stated he's open to working on a compromise with Jason, but not until Jason reports to camp. Did anyone else hear this, or hear Brandon's actual comments?

If accurately reported, Russ Brandon's comments are a SMALL ray of hope. It may be the team's way of saying "Jason, for the purpose of setting an example we can't look like we're giving in and thus aren't going to move an inch until you report. But get your ass in here and we'll be willing to deal."

I think the Bills would indeed work with him if he shows up--maybe pay him some more $$ this season w/a promise to renegotiate in the offseason, like others have suggested. He just needs to make the ceremonial step of reporting to enable the team to save face.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Sirius 2-Minute Drill on Brandon's comments

The guy is our best player.

If this team has playoff aspirations it won't be happening without Peters.

This is the first crack in the OBD armor.

This team didn't have any legitimacy until the O-line got adrressed last year.

Now to Jason:

They just said they'll renegotiate so get you fat ass into camp.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

The report is accurate, Brandon did say that, and I agree with your comments abuot Peters getting into camp first as well; so it doesnt look like OBD can just get pushed around (even though IMO Peters should've gotten a raise about a week after the Pro Bowl- but whatever)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        The guy is our best player.

If this team has playoff aspirations it won't be happening without Peters.

This is the first crack in the OBD armor.

This team didn't have any legitimacy until the O-line got adrressed last year.

Now to Jason:

They just said they'll renegotiate so get you fat ass into camp.
        Actually, Brandon did NOT specifiy they would renegotiate in those comments.. He said he's done talking about Peters, period until he's back in camp.

So I hope everyone doesnt take it that as soon as Peters reports Brandon will be negotiating.. That could happen, but that's not what was said.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Not the end of the world if Peters is traded for a #1 in 2009! We roll with those who wanna re-establish Buffalo Bills legacy!

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Actually, Brandon did NOT specifiy they would renegotiate in those comments.. He said he's done talking about Peters, period until he's back in camp.

So I hope everyone doesnt take it that as soon as Peters reports Brandon will be negotiating.. That could happen, but that's not what was said.
            Actually the reverse is true, Russ came out and said that they expect Peters to honor his existing contract. Im not to thrilled about Russ's stance. Maybe he would go after a new contract with Peters if he showed. But, at least publicly, Peters and his agent shouldnt be too encouraged that if he shows that will happen. Its unfortunate for everyone.

Peters is acting like a whiny ***** player, something he is not (probably his agents influence)
            Russ is drawing a line in the sand like a school boy

And the team loses ultimately.

I wish someone would step up and be a man.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

That was my take - Russ wasn't PROMISING a new deal, rather he was stating that unless Jason reports, there will be no negotiating at all--and thereby insinuating that if Jason DOES report, they can talk and possibly work something out. That "something" doesn't necessarily mean that Jason gets his new deal right now, it might mean some other form of compromise.

But that in itself is somewhat of a compromise on the Bills' part--they are notably NOT saying "you signed a contract and we expect you to play through it, period."

A baby step.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by draz54
                Not the end of the world if Peters is traded for a #1 in 2009! We roll with those who wanna re-establish Buffalo Bills legacy!
                Really?

It took us how long to find a pro-bowl caliper LT? And we should let that go for a shot in the dark draft pick?

If you said a player and a pick, I would agree (obviously not a 1st).

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

WWBD... What Would Belly ache Do?

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Look at it this way...Jason Peters was an undrafted free agent. He worked his ass off and proved his worth when no one else saw it in him during the draft.

OBD paid him better last year and he proved his worth even more by making the pro-bowl. I'm not one for throwing money at players especially when they haven't shown consistancy over a period of time but OBD knows better then any of us what they have in Peters. They have seen him rise to the cream of the crop and they know if he is a one hit wonder or not.

The way I see it is if he can do what he did in such a short period of time he hasn't even reached his peek in performance yet. I think that OBD has not offered to renegotiate his contract yet even if he reports and that is why Peters is not in camp yet. Peters of course is worried about reporting and getting hurt before renegotiations and that is why we are at an impasse.

Therefore Peters needs to show up, ride the excercise bicycle until they get a contract in place and then help take us to the playoffs. OBD needs to commit to renegotiating his contract if he reports even if he pulls a Plaxico Burress and give him more money. He is a cornerstone to our offense and we need him!
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

The only way to win it all in the cash to cap model is to smartly lock up young, budding players, that are full of potential long term.

The Bills did their job. Time for Peters to do his.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• plundar
                        • Mar 2006

There is a lot a talk on here saying that Peters is overated. The guy is an intergral part of the team and one of the only Probowlers. We need him. I don't care if the FO doesn't want to seem like they are giving in or not. They need to prove to the fans who are buying all the season tickets that they are serious about putting a contender on the field.

Comment

• DrGraves
                          • Mar 2008

i hope peters is just trying to miss a little practice and intends to be back for the season... i mean, practice? we're talking about practice!

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

I think when Brandon says he expects Peters to honor his contract, it's his way of saying that he really needs to get to get his butt into camp. What Brandon has made perfectly clear is that Buffalo will not negotiate with players that are not in camp. Peters deserves a raise, but he and his agent have gone about this all wrong.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                            X