PDA

View Full Version : Brown and Hamilton

patmoran2006
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
When listening and reading reports from either Chris Brown or Paul Hamilton, keep this in mind.

Chris Brown will put a more positive thing on almost anything.
Paul Hamilton will put a more negative spin on almost everything.

Conclusion: Take what they say, and divide it down the middle.

For Example:

IF Trent Edwards hits on 8 passes and then throws the 9th one in the dirt, Brown will talk about the 8 completions.

If it's Hamilton, you'll hear about the ****ty pass he threw in the dirt.

I actually enjoy the perspective on both ends.. I cant stand 100% homer reporters, while I also can't stand someone who only reports on the bad ****.

They both bring something to the table so whether you like them or not, they're both worth following.

TigerJ
07-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Fair enough.

raphael120
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
When the teams been as ****ty as it's been the past how many years, I'm going to trust the guy that has the negative spin. If the guy with the negative spin starts saying good things about the Bills, then something must be good.

Just like if the homer guy talks about something that's bad, then it must be bad.

streetkings01
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
When the teams been as ****ty as it's been the past how many years, I'm going to trust the guy that has the negative spin. If the guy with the negative spin starts saying good things about the Bills, then something must be good.

Just like if the homer guy talks about something that's bad, then it must be bad.Chuck Dickerson thought that Jason Peters wasn't good enough.....still trust the guy with the negative spin?

Homegrown
07-30-2008, 10:08 PM
I agree with the orginal premise. Brown is an employee of the Bills. Hamilton is an employee of all-sabres-all-the-time radio station. The truth is prolly somewhere between the two.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I didn't know that the Bills had a big beached walrus http://imgsrv.wgr550.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200711/1766154.GIF at training camp.

Patrick76777
07-31-2008, 06:22 AM
When listening and reading reports from either Chris Brown or Paul Hamilton, keep this in mind.

For Example:

IF Trent Edwards hits on 8 passes and then throws the 9th one in the dirt, Brown will talk about the 8 completions.

I actually enjoy the perspective on both ends.. I cant stand 100% homer reporters, while I also can't stand someone who only reports on the bad ****.

They both bring something to the table so whether you like them or not, they're both worth following.

Nothing has ever been said on this board that is more true. GR loves negative news on the Bills, but will rarely say anything bad about the Sabres. And Brown lives in fantasy land where everything is perfect.

X-Era
07-31-2008, 06:35 AM

For Example:

That doesnt wrok. They arent equally seperated from the truth, Chris is miles closer than Hamilton. Splitting it down the middle sends us more toward the negative cinsidering how much skewed (I would call it whacked) Hamilton and the bag of tools over at WGR are.

They are hacks, plain and simple.

Chris Brown has inside info that he cant divulge. Yes, you will only get a positive spin, but the fact that he subtly gives us hints about what the Bills are thinking makes it an invaluable resource. Add in that BB.com gives you the most coverage and that should be the bulk of what we take in.

I would pay more attention to Carucci, Shefeter, hell even Allen Wilson (although hes a bit too conservative as well).

I would dodge WGR, pretty much every retired player commentator, and Larry Felser.

BlackMetalNinja
07-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Thanks for telling us what anybody that follows this team with any regularity already knew... The guy that works for the Bills likes to be positive, the guy that works for WGR likes to be negative.

Stop the presses on that one.

patmoran2006
07-31-2008, 07:08 AM
I doubt "everyone" knows. In fact, I'm sure there are some newer Bills fans here, who don't actually live in Buffalo, that don't ever listen to WGR and don't even know who Paul Hamilton is.

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 07:26 AM
That doesnt wrok. They arent equally seperated from the truth, Chris is miles closer than Hamilton. Splitting it down the middle sends us more toward the negative cinsidering how much skewed (I would call it whacked) Hamilton and the bag of tools over at WGR are.

They are hacks, plain and simple.

Chris Brown has inside info that he cant divulge. Yes, you will only get a positive spin, but the fact that he subtly gives us hints about what the Bills are thinking makes it an invaluable resource. Add in that BB.com gives you the most coverage and that should be the bulk of what we take in.

I would pay more attention to Carucci, Shefeter, hell even Allen Wilson (although hes a bit too conservative as well).

I would dodge WGR, pretty much every retired player commentator, and Larry Felser.

Your nuts Chris Brown is about as far to the positive as Hamilton is to the negative. I take anything Chris Brown says with a grain of salt. I trust Mikey's Camp Reports a lot more than I trust Brown's. Chris Brown has been proven wrong quite often so his inside info isn't all its cracked up to be (remember him claiming we wouldn't be getting any comp picks this past draft??). I got no issue with the guy doing his job but thinking his analysis is anywhere near reality is a joke almost.

don137
07-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree they are at opposite sides of the spectrum.

I just can't stand listening to WGR. Why are they called a sports radio station? I turned them on via the web for the first time in 4 months and I heard extremely little Bills talk in the one hour I listened and had to shut it off. All they talked about was text messaging. Give me football talk not reasons why and the value in text messaging. Unfreakinbelievable.

bigbub2352
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Hamilton is one of the worst reporters i have heard in a longtime, he is so negative and cocky, i truly hate Wgr55 coverage except for Dennis Williams and Howard Simon, the rest suck
Schop and the Assdog suck balls
Hamilton is a cocky dead fish
and i cant stand the fact that everyday when i toon into them they are talking abotu movies and baseball

X-Era
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Your nuts Chris Brown is about as far to the positive as Hamilton is to the negative. I take anything Chris Brown says with a grain of salt. I trust Mikey's Camp Reports a lot more than I trust Brown's. Chris Brown has been proven wrong quite often so his inside info isn't all its cracked up to be (remember him claiming we wouldn't be getting any comp picks this past draft??). I got no issue with the guy doing his job but thinking his analysis is anywhere near reality is a joke almost.

Where did I say that his opinions are close to reality?

All I said was that Chris is not as far from the truth as WGR is. Therefore, you cant split it down the middle.

Fact is little to no reporters opinions are very truthful. They sometimes manage to print the facts, but then quickly follow it with their opinions which are usually ultra conservative telling us something thats either already well known or favoring some time in the past that we will likely never see again.

I have to agree that we usually get more information from the fans here, and OUR collective opinions are much more truthful and valid.

Besides, who gets comp picks is a league decision, how we would have any inside info on that? I meant he has inside info on the Bills and what they control.

X-Era
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Hamilton is one of the worst reporters i have heard in a longtime, he is so negative and cocky, i truly hate Wgr55 coverage except for Dennis Williams and Howard Simon, the rest suck
Schop and the Assdog suck balls
Hamilton is a cocky dead fish
and i cant stand the fact that everyday when i toon into them they are talking abotu movies and baseball

Howard Simon was a force for good during his Empire/WNSA days. He has been tainted by the hate mongerers at WGR and now is about as bad as they are.

patmoran2006
07-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Where did I say that his opinions are close to reality?

All I said was that Chris is not as far from the truth as WGR is. Therefore, you cant split it down the middle.

Fact is little to no reporters opinions are very truthful. They sometimes manage to print the facts, but then quickly follow it with their opinions which are usually ultra conservative telling us something thats either already well known or favoring some time in the past that we will likely never see again.

I have to agree that we usually get more information from the fans here, and OUR collective opinions are much more truthful and valid.
I couldnt disagree with you more.

patmoran2006
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
and for all who's saying Hamilton has nothing but negative stuff to say about the Bills, he's actually backing the Bills 100% in their case with Peters and is blaming Peters fully for this holdout.

Michael82
07-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks man. I totally agree with you. Chris Brown is paid by the Bills to report their side of things, he's not going to throw much negative in unless they let him. Paul Hamilton is the opposite, but he's also a douchbag and always acts like he is God and the Bills suck. He's extremely condescending and tends to piss off many people. Both are extreme, one is extremely positive and one is extremely negative. I try to get in the middle of both of them. Sometimes I am very positive with my views and sometimes I am very negative, but usually I mix the good and bad together to give the overall report from camp.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 01:14 PM
and for all who's saying Hamilton has nothing but negative stuff to say about the Bills, he's actually backing the Bills 100% in their case with Peters and is blaming Peters fully for this holdout.

aren't you talking to yourself?

X-Era
07-31-2008, 02:58 PM

So he managed to be positive about a negative situation? Does that really count as being positive?