PDA

View Full Version : Potential Logjam on Sabres Blueline

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/nhl.fanhouse.com/media/2008/07/mike-weber-andrej-sekera-425tl.jpg

... the financially responsible Regier would be wise to wait until training camp to further evaluate his defensive corps and really find out if Teppo is needed.

The "wait" isn't all about the dollars. It's about icing your best team. If Andrej Sekera has advanced himself into Buffalo's top-6 ahead of current #7 Nathan Paetsch, it would seem that a Numminen signing would automatically send 21-year old rearguard Mike Weber to Portland (AHL) to start.

Weber and Sekera really grew up a lot after the trade deadline last season, logging very solid minutes (16+) and posting almost gaudy plus/minuses given the Sabres inability to keep the puck out of their own net (242GA --22nd overall). He's exactly the kind of defenseman we Sabres fans have been salivating for since Jay McKee left. But, with Craig Rivet in the fold that need has lessened, if only marginally. The obvious choice if Teppo is signed is to send Weber to Portland until he's needed.

But, as Bakes suggests, is this the right move? With delvelopment-coach extraordinaire, Randy Cunneyworth moving up to the NHL (Signed as asst. coach in Hotlanta this weekend), would Weber be best served germinating further in the AHL as opposed to learning by Rivet and Numinnen's example and experience, not to mention Asst. Coach James Patrick? I'm honestly not sure. It almost seems to me that Regier should bring Teppo back as much to be a tutor for his 3 up and comers as he would as a player.
http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2008/07/30/potential-logjam-on-sabres-blueline/#cont

bigbub2352
07-31-2008, 09:30 AM
NO Teppo please, let the kids play Weber needs to be in the NHL as does Sekera i like Paetsh as a 7 Teppo is a bum, sorry he got killed in the playoffs before his open heart surgery
Waste of money
Please Darcy dont sign him

Dr. Pepper
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
please waive Paetsch. if someone claims him off waivers (hopefully) then we could sign Teppo to play as our 6th/7th, trading time with Weber.

Nighthawk
07-31-2008, 06:22 PM
No Teppo and Paetsch has not shown me anything to this point. To me, it seems we are still looking for help.