PDA

View Full Version : Please caption this picture......

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 11:37 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/1FEBEEA7DEC14AE1A644ABEF5B99FF78.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
(http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6297)

LtFinFan66
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
"Dude, those people on BillsZone think you were 50" off the ground the other they....they are going nuts!!"

Mitchy moo
07-30-2008, 11:48 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/1FEBEEA7DEC14AE1A644ABEF5B99FF78.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hardy: Where the hell did he get one of those white wrist bands.....

Romes
07-30-2008, 11:52 PM
(http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6297)

Trent: James, lay down a beat while I spit my rhymes...

Dujek
07-31-2008, 02:54 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/1FEBEEA7DEC14AE1A644ABEF5B99FF78.jpg </td></tr></tbody></table>

Trent: "And then I threw 4 touchdown passes against the Dolphins"

LtFinFan66
07-31-2008, 03:08 AM
:blahblah:

Night Train
07-31-2008, 04:51 AM
" So James, I heard you're a straight shooter.."

Mitchy moo
07-31-2008, 06:27 AM
" So James, I heard you're a straight shooter.."

OMG, these are good.

mybills
07-31-2008, 07:02 AM
James: Damn, JP's a lot cuter than this guy.

Patti120
07-31-2008, 07:28 AM
"I told you that mine is bigger than yours"

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Trent: "You see the reason those throws have been off is because....(insert excuse here)"

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Trent: "You see the reason those throws have been off is because....(insert excuse here)"

what? Excuses? It's camp. Bad play doesn't matter because he'll magically get better once the real games start. Duh.

DrGraves
07-31-2008, 08:14 AM
"whatchu talkin bout willis"

Jan Reimers
07-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Trent: "Op says you will make very little contribution this year, and I won't make any significant progress even with all the starters' reps in camp, and we don't have enough talent, and the year together won't do the O line much good, and the rookie OC will not make a difference, and we don't have a tight end and. . . oh, what's the use, we ought to just give up."

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Trent: "Op says you will make very little contribution this year, and I won't make any significant progress even with all the starters' reps in camp, and we don't have enough talent, and the year together won't do the O line much good, and the rookie OC will not make a difference, and we don't have a tight end and. . . oh, what's the use, we ought to just give up."

making a realistic prediction for the team has NOTHING to do with giving up.

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 08:26 AM

James: "Well we could just act like everything is roses no matter what happens since our fans buy any crap Ralph and Co spew and think that we are Super Bowl contenders. So hey don't worry about bad throws, injuries or even really trying, our fans will overhype us, not worry about bad play, and not really care about what is real or not, so we are golden dude!"

Jan Reimers
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Believe it or not, competitive athletes believe they will get better, they believe in themselves, they believe the team will get better, and that they will excel. Hence the playoff talk among the Bills' players.

Thank GOD they do not have the defeatist attitude of some on this board.

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Believe it or not, competitive athletes believe they will get better, they believe in themselves, they believe the team will get better, and that they will excel. Hence the playoff talk among the Bills' players.

Yea Im aware of what good PR sounds like, unfortunately most people can't separate it from reality. Hell I can give you some good sound bites if thats what makes you sleep better at night, but words don't mean anything when it comes to wins and losses. But if thats what you want to hang your hat on...Hope, and Words...we are going so far this year!!

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 08:36 AM

Ya thankk GOD..you serious? We're not saying that they're done for..we're just simply saying that they dont have the talent to be a playoff team..too many ?'s on this squad..and there's nothing wrong with an atittude like that..it's being real..

HHURRICANE
07-31-2008, 08:38 AM
"Isn't funny that the only addition to the offense was you".

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
"Did you see JP injure his stinky pinky?"

trapezeus
Trent: No, seriously. There was a guy this short who wore you exact number in the early part of last year. Friendless or peerful, i have no idea what his name was, but it was quite a price we paid for him.

Pinkerton Security
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/1FEBEEA7DEC14AE1A644ABEF5B99FF78.jpg </td></tr></tbody></table>

Trent: " ...so then after the game, Brady walks over to shake my hand and he asks if I wanna get dinner sometime! I mean, he was totally checking me out. I had to punch him in the nuts and run away. No joke"

Pinkerton Security
07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Ya thankk GOD..you serious? We're not saying that they're done for..we're just simply saying that they dont have the talent to be a playoff team..too many ?'s on this squad..and there's nothing wrong with an atittude like that..it's being real..

you're from NJ. Your opinion doesnt count.

Mr. Miyagi
07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Trent: "Roscoe comes up to about here to us tall dudes."

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 08:43 AM

Trent: "No really, there's a trainer who is probably like up to here on you..maybe even a little smaller..haha no im not kidding."

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
you're from NJ. Your opinion doesnt count.

what does me being from NJ have anything to do..and this is coming from a guy whose name is pinkdogg an just said how tom brady and trent were hitting on eachother then trent touched his nuts.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm simply saying that the players don't have a losers' mentality like some of you, and I'm glad. Despite injuries and a lot of adversity, this team never gave up last season.

Believing in yourself and those around you is half the battle in sports - and life in general.

I'm simply willing to give this team a fighting chance, rather than consigning them to the s**t can before the season even starts. If that makes me stupid, so be it.

Pinkerton Security
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
what does me being from NJ have anything to do..and this is coming from a guy whose name is pinkdogg an just said how tom brady and trent were hitting on eachother then trent touched his nuts.

ohhhhh good one

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm simply saying that the players don't have a losers' mentality like some of you, and I'm glad. Despite injuries and a lot of adversity, this team never gave up last season.

Believing in yourself and those around you is half the battle in sports - and life in general.

I'm simply willing to give this team a fighting chance, rather than consigning them to the s**t can before the season even starts. If that makes me stupid, so be it.

thats a long caption Jan.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 08:50 AM
ohhhhh good one

must've been pretty good if you have nothing better to say..

lets keep it that way.

Pinkerton Security
07-31-2008, 08:50 AM
must've been pretty good if you have nothing better to say..

lets keep it that way.

you're funny. lets date.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 08:52 AM
you're funny. lets date.

hehe :crush:

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 08:54 AM

Not stupid good god do you love to be over the top dramatic. Yes let me tell you we all have a losers mentality, and think this team is in the **** can thats why we all spend money, time, and energy following this team, writing articles, making posts, and having stupid ass arguments about being fans or not. Oh woe is me. Please save the dramatics you're not going to win an Oscar here.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Not stupid good god do you love to be over the top dramatic. Yes let me tell you we all have a losers mentality, and think this team is in the **** can thats why we all spend money, time, and energy following this team, writing articles, making posts, and having stupid ass arguments about being fans or not. Oh woe is me. Please save the dramatics you're not going to win an Oscar here.
I don't think you want to compare sacrifices made for the bills with Jan. You couldn't hold his diapers er I mean jock .

:jk: Jan..

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
I don't think you want to compare sacrifices made for the bills with Jan. You couldn't hold his diapers er I mean jock .

:jk: Jan..

Since when do more sacrifices make somebody a better fan, thats my issue with this mentality. Well Im a better fan than you are because I do A, B, C, and D. Give me a break. You (the plural) are no better than anybody else. If you think you are then thats fine, but don't expect me to bow to your glory.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Since when do more sacrifices make somebody a better fan, thats my issue with this mentality. Well Im a better fan than you are because I do A, B, C, and D. Give me a break. You (the plural) are no better than anybody else. If you think you are then thats fine, but don't expect me to bow to your glory.
wasn't talking about who or what makes a better fan. your parents were just a twinkle in your granparents' eyes when Jan was already watching the bills and going through the losses in the 70's all the way til' today yet he's not as negative as you are. JUst pointing out that your sacrifices mean nothing when comparing them to Jans.

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
wasn't talking about who or what makes a better fan. your parents were just a twinkle in your granparents' eyes when Jan was already watching the bills and going through the losses in the 70's all the way til' today yet he's not as negative as you are. JUst pointing out that your sacrifices mean nothing when comparing them to Jans.

Im not comparing sacrifices because we all make the same. While Jan may have been going through the losses in the 70's Ill be going through the games that will be played in 2030, 2040, and 2050. Time served means very little.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Time served means very little.
So why did you point yours out ?

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM

you're forgetting one very important thing: I'M NOT ON THE ****ING TEAM.

I expect the team to believe in themselves regardless of what I think. I expect people who aren't on the team to be realistic.

Playoff talk amongst the players doesn't bother me. Playoff GUARANTEES amongst players bothers me and playoff talk in the media and amongst fans bothers me.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:21 AM
you're on your own Jan. Batman showed up.

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
So why did you point yours out ?

Ummm to illustrate how we all serve the same amount, how nobody's sacrifices is better than anybody elses...I thought that was pretty clear.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 09:23 AM

a loser's mentality?

Being realistic is a loser's mentality? This team has problems regardless of whether or not you want to admit it.

Yeah. They never gave up last year. Except in the Cleveland game. And the most crucial moment of the Dallas game. And the last quarter of the Giants game. And the last quarter of the Jaguars game. And the Eagles game.

Your reasons for giving them a chance: They don't give up, players are supposed to improve, and any team can win on any given Sunday. While that makes a great Hallmark after school special, it doesn't make a good team. Your reasons have nothing to do with talent or what these players have proven they can or can't do in the past.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 09:26 AM
a loser's mentality?

Being realistic is a loser's mentality? This team has problems regardless of whether or not you want to admit it.

Yeah. They never gave up last year. Except in the Cleveland game. And the most crucial moment of the Dallas game. And the last quarter of the Giants game. And the last quarter of the Jaguars game. And the Eagles game.

Your reasons for giving them a chance: They don't give up, players are supposed to improve, and any team can win on any given Sunday. While that makes a great Hallmark after school special, it doesn't make a good team. Your reasons have nothing to do with talent or what these players have proven they can or can't do in the past.

Can't foget about the Bills home opener aswell..Broncos drive down the field to kick a GW FG with no time left..

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Ummm to illustrate how we all serve the same amount, how nobody's sacrifices is better than anybody elses...I thought that was pretty clear.
Like you said, well that meant nothing. If you were trying to point out why you are so negative/frustrated about the team because of your "sacrifices" that especially means nothing as to why Jan is still positive inspite of his bigger sacrifices.

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Like you said, well that meant nothing. If you were trying to point out why you are so negative/frustrated about the team because of your "sacrifices" that especially means nothing as to why Jan is still positive inspite of his bigger sacrifices.

Not what I was trying to point out at all actually.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm not arguing about who's the better fan, who makes the most sacrifices or anything else. And I'm not trying to be dramatic.

All I'm trying to say is that where I find reason for optimism, other posters here seem to know flat out that we're going to suck before we've even had a scrimmage. And I get called psychotic and other things by some of them for taking a positive approach.

All we're doing is dealing in opinions. No one knows how this season is going to play out. No one. So let's not call each other names based on our opinions.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM

WRONG! They didn't give up in the cleveland game or the cowboys game. They were put in a situation to lose in those games by the coaches . Our players NEVER gave up. Maybe they weren't good enough but you are blind as a bat if you think they gave up.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm not arguing about who's the better fan, who makes the most sacrifices or anything else. And I'm not trying to be dramatic.

All I'm trying to say is that where I find reason for optimism, other posters here seem to know flat out that we're going to suck before we've even had a scrimmage. And I get called psychotic and other things by some of them for taking a positive approach.

All we're doing is dealing in opinions. No one knows how this season is going to play out. No one. So let's not call each other names based on our opinions.

No one here said you were psychotic or anything..we're going on basic facts..the Offense last year, no different from last year..maybe a little more exp..wow..and one addition, james hardy..who's a rookie..The OL could be even worse without peters..soo we were ranked what last year 31st in O? i dont see much improvement there..

The D is the only thing that has improved..if they can prove to stay healthy..but it doesnt help when you're O wont be able to produce an your D is out there for most of the game, wearing out..

DraftBoy
07-31-2008, 09:38 AM

I have no issue with a positive outlook or hoping for a successful season, I think we all hope for a good season and want the best. However what do I take issue with is crapping on fans who don't share the same positive outlook. I think we all spend an infinite amount of time analyzing different things and come to different conclusions maybe you're right, maybe Im right, but one thing we can at least agree on is that we are fans.

M
07-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Holy getting off topic ... now back to the captions, please! (Someone did mention Batman).

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM
All we're doing is dealing in opinions. No one knows how this season is going to play out. No one. So .
OP speaks in absolutes so he obviously knows.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I have no issue with a positive outlook or hoping for a successful season, I think we all hope for a good season and want the best. However what do I take issue with is crapping on fans who don't share the same positive outlook. I think we all spend an infinite amount of time analyzing different things and come to different conclusions maybe you're right, maybe Im right, but one thing we can at least agree on is that we are fans.

caption" "Draftboy, trust the Trent. See how steady my hand is. I can throw TD's with this left hand. "

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
OP speaks in absolutes so he obviously knows.

He speaks on pure facts he knows..and that EVERYONE else should see..honestly, do you really think the O has improved justa? when we might not even have our best OL and one addition..a rookie WR? but all of the sudden the O should be better?

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
He speaks on pure facts he knows..and that EVERYONE else should see..honestly, do you really think the O has improved justa? when we might not even have our best OL and one addition..a rookie WR? but all of the sudden the O should be better?
NO, he speaks absolutes when he talks about the O and D this upcoming season in other threads. There are no facts yet.

Dujek
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM

Dude, you should see the amount of *****ing these guys do on message boards...

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM

Not psychotic, just unreasonable.

See, some around here think opinions can't be wrong or at least unrealistic, but they most certainly can be. Not all opinions are equal.

Those of us who disagree with your positive opinion have stated a very strong case for why a more realistic opinion is in the 7-9 range. You, however, don't want to hear it. You don't care how strong the reasoning is or what the basis is for that opinion because you'd rather be positive than realistic, at least in cases where the realistic outcome isn't what you want.

Of course no one knows how the season will turn out, but some outcomes are a lot more likely than others.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Dude, you should see the amount of *****ing these guys do on message boards...

Or "Dude, maybe if we win this year our fans won't have so many reasons to *****".

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
You, however, don't want to hear it. You don't care how strong the reasoning is or what the basis is for that opinion because you'd rather be positive than realistic, at least in cases where the realistic outcome isn't what you want.

we don't want to hear it over and over and over again.

Jan should however rmemeber , you are a necesary evil here on bz . Without your *****ing and whining about everything, this board would be filled with Marshawn83 or whatever his name is.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
WRONG! They didn't give up in the cleveland game or the cowboys game. They were put in a situation to lose in those games by the coaches . Our players NEVER gave up. Maybe they weren't good enough but you are blind as a bat if you think they gave up.

Let's pretend you're right.

That still leaves the Denver, Giants, Jags and Eagles games.

BillsFanInNM
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM

Trent "...so me and my Aunt Sally started doing the chicken dance and everyone was laughing so hard....how did your big family party turn out in the off season?"

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 09:54 AM
we don't want to hear it over and over and over again.

Jan should however rmemeber , you are a necesary evil here on bz . Without your *****ing and whining about everything, this board would be filled with Marshawn83 or whatever his name is.

then stop with the playoff talk over and over again.

Jan called me out on this thread before I was even online this morning. All I did was respond.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Let's pretend you're right.

That still leaves the Denver, Giants, Jags and Eagles games.
they weren't good enough. We were picking players off the streets and yet they we fighting til' the very end. Even national media realized that that there was talk about making Dick HOTY based on that.

Again, Dick may not be the smartest coach on gameday but his players play hard til the very end.

Dujek
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Jan called me out on this thread before I was even online this morning. All I did was respond.

Actually you posted two posts before he did, so I can't see how he called you out before you were online.

Still, let's not have the facts get in the way of a good story...

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
then stop with the playoff talk over and over again.

I don't talk playoffs as often as you ***** about everything.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
they weren't good enough. We were picking players off the streets and yet they we fighting til' the very end. Even national media realized that that there was talk about making Dick HOTY based on that.

Again, Dick may not be the smartest coach on gameday but his players play hard til the very end.

Dick's a hottie? I mean, I know you're a positive fan and all, but that's a little too far.

JerseyBoofaloBills
I don't talk playoffs as often as you ***** about everything.

So when you praise this team its alright?

But when we're realistic about the team it's *****ing..?

where's the logic in that..thats bull****.

User Manuel
"So J.P. walks in with his beard and is like "duuuude. I was like duuuude, you look like a hobo wearing an american flag, bro."

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM

no, it's the repetitive *****ing about the smallest things thats deafening.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Actually you posted two posts before he did, so I can't see how he called you out before you were online.

Still, let's not have the facts get in the way of a good story...

fair enough, I stand corrected.

Still, he called me out for a bunch of stuff that I didn't actually say in this thread, so of course I'm going to respond.

Historian
07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
"Two fish fans go into a gay bar...."

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM

no, it's the repetitive *****ing about the smallest things thats deafening.

Got it- repetitive praise is fine. Go ahead and talk about the OL "gelling" or how Trent "should improve" or how 1 year of experience is going to make the O great as many times as you want.

But repetitive "*****ing" (defined as acknowledging a legitimate problem this team has) is not allowed.

Makes perfect sense and provides for great open and fair discussion :up:

Dujek
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM

So when people find reason for optimism they're unrealistic, while your pessimism is actually realism?

While there are some people here who are far too optimistic, I think the general air of optimism this off-season is justified, and is more realistic than the "It's all a bit crappy" posts.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Got it- repetitive praise is fine. Go ahead and talk about the OL "gelling" or how Trent "should improve" or how 1 year of experience is going to make the O great as many times as you want.

But repetitive "*****ing" (defined as acknowledging a legitimate problem this team has) is not allowed.

Makes perfect sense and provides for great open and fair discussion :up:

Or OP repetitive stance that his reasoning is the only realistic thing around here. That his logic is more realistic than others.

Dujek
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM
fair enough, I stand corrected.

Still, he called me out for a bunch of stuff that I didn't actually say in this thread, so of course I'm going to respond.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
So when people find reason for optimism they're unrealistic, while your pessimism is actually realism?

While there are some people here who are far too optimistic, I think the general air of optimism this off-season is justified, and is more realistic than the "It's all a bit crappy" posts.
even those of us who aren't overly optimistic are wrong for being a little optimistic .

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM

As OP said..it's alright for you guys to keep on praising the team, time after time..but if someone *****es all the time they just get hammered on this board..i just find it bull**** that when we have something REAL to say, other than being optimistic..a million people come flying in saying how wrong we are..when its not that we're wrong, its what we know.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry, couldn't resist...

no problem.

I wasn't intentionally trying to embellish the story, but I went by memory rather than looking back and I got the facts wrong, so you were right to call me out.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Or OP repetitive stance that his reasoning is the only realistic thing around here. That his logic is more realistic than others.

see, you complain about the repetitiveness of the so called "negative" posters like myself, but then you make posts like this that practically force me to come out and defend my stance yet again. Well, I'm not going to bite this time, and you can't have it both ways.

If you don't want to repeat myself, then stop trying to bait me into making my case all over again.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
As OP said..it's alright for you guys to keep on praising the team, time after time..but if someone *****es all the time they just get hammered on this board..i just find it bull**** that when we have something REAL to say, other than being optimistic..a million people come flying in saying how wrong we are..when its not that we're wrong, its what we know.

there were no praises in this thread yet he was quick to put his negative input on things.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=157218

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:20 AM
see, you complain about the repetitiveness of the so called "negative" posters like myself, but then you make posts like this that practically force me to come out and defend my stance yet again. Well, I'm not going to bite this time, and you can't have it both ways.

If you don't want to repeat myself, then stop trying to bait me into making my case all over again.
huh? I kinda blasted Skoobs when he was the biggest homer here. Other have blasted him too so I don't feel the need to interject his every post like you do.

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
there were no praises in this thread yet he was quick to put his negative input on things.

Except I didn't put any negative input in there. I said it could be one way or the other and not every camp struggle is related to the new OC. And I also said I didn't know which way it went. It was a very unbiased and unopinionated post, but you read it as negative because of your perception of me.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM

Not in this thread..in any thread..

I just want to know justa..what's your take on this team an how do u think they'll finish?

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Not in this thread..in any thread..

I just want to know justa..what's your take on this team an how do u think they'll finish?

Wild card :dance:

OP goes overboard in blasting the bills that he's accused the front office of "refusing to pay Peters" without any evidence.

mikemac2001
07-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Trent "so then i bent her over"

Dujek
07-31-2008, 10:28 AM

The thing is, A lot of the time I agree with what you and Op are saying as far as where the problems lie with the team. However I think you give too much importance to small issues, and don't give enough credit to the positives. I also think that there are a lot of people who go over the top with the positives (like everyone who was so impressed with Hardy jumping 2 feet up to snag a pass), and don't pay enough attention to the negatives. My reason for optimism this year is simple, the Bills have an easier schedule, the defense has seen big improvements, through the draft, free agency and through the return of injured starters who missed most of last season, and while the offense hasn't seen much improvement in the way of personnel I'm willing to give players the benefit of the doubt that they can improve, especially a QB and RB who are coming off respectable rookie seasons. Hardy should add the red zone threat the Bills have been crying out for for the past 8 seasons.

Simply put, if everyone stays healthy there are another three wins there for the taking, and even 11-5 is not beyond the realm of possibility. They'll get swatted like a fly in the playoffs though, because the top 4 teams in the AFC are a mile ahead of the rest.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Wild card :dance:

OP goes overboard in blasting the bills thathe's accused the front office of "refusing to pay Peters" without any evidence.

Now, if we do sign peters..i do billieve we have a good shot at wildcard..but until peters can come out an show he wants to negotiate..we're not looking so good on O considering we havent made much changes, an relying on a rookie WR to bump us from 31st to like 20th..the o isnt much different from last year..which is why i dont see a big improvement..

But the D on the other hand, is proven..i believe anyway..we already know what to expect from most of the D, McGee, Crowell, Mitchell, Whitner(hopefully he plays better) Schoebel, Stroud, greer if he starts that is..might be leodis though..if we make wild-card it'll be because of the D.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Now, if we do sign peters..i do billieve we have a good shot at wildcard.......

But the D on the other hand, is proven...

he's all yours OP.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
The thing is, A lot of the time I agree with what you and Op are saying as far as where the problems lie with the team. However I think you give too much importance to small issues, and don't give enough credit to the positives. I also think that there are a lot of people who go over the top with the positives (like everyone who was so impressed with Hardy jumping 2 feet up to snag a pass), and don't pay enough attention to the negatives. My reason for optimism this year is simple, the Bills have an easier schedule, the defense has seen big improvements, through the draft, free agency and through the return of injured starters who missed most of last season, and while the offense hasn't seen much improvement in the way of personnel I'm willing to give players the benefit of the doubt that they can improve, especially a QB and RB who are coming off respectable rookie seasons. Hardy should add the red zone threat the Bills have been crying out for for the past 8 seasons.

Simply put, if everyone stays healthy there are another three wins there for the taking, and even 11-5 is not beyond the realm of possibility. They'll get swatted like a fly in the playoffs though, because the top 4 teams in the AFC are a mile ahead of the rest.

Which is why i totally agree with you..I think the bills have a good shot at making wildcard..if we can sign peters, than i do think we have a legitmate shot..and as for the schedule..thank god its looking easy, on paper that is..IF everyone can stay healthy that is..but thats the only thing that bothers me..that they'll be a one an done team..make wildcard, get smacked up in that game..i just wish we added more to the O.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
he's all yours OP.

ahha i meant the guys i listed as proven..not the entire D..i messed up on that part.

Dujek
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Which is why i totally agree with you..I think the bills have a good shot at making wildcard..if we can sign peters, than i do think we have a legitmate shot..and as for the schedule..thank god its looking easy, on paper that is..IF everyone can stay healthy that is..but thats the only thing that bothers me..that they'll be a one an done team..make wildcard, get smacked up in that game..i just wish we added more to the O.

After the last 9 seasons I'll take getting smacked up in the Wildcard this time round.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
ahha i meant the guys i listed as proven..not the entire D..i messed up on that part.
you and I pretty much share the same opinion on the state of them team. Our opinion won't fly with op. You should hang around more often to realize that.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
After the last 9 seasons I'll take getting smacked up in the Wildcard this time round.

haha ya thats very true...i was a youngin back then..but i still followed them..from what i kind of remember.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:40 AM
you and I pretty much share the same opinion on the state of them team. Our opinion won't fly with op. You should hang around more often to realize that.

Well the thing is..Being real is me, but then like at other times..i really just want the bills to prove me wrong..i think i do it just so i dont get as upset if they dont make the playoffs..cause i used to get so pissed after every game..soo pissed.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Being real is me, .
being real and talking wild card ?

He's all yours OP.

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:46 AM
being real and talking wild card ?

He's all yours OP.

Hahaha, its not like i hope for the worst for this team..I truly want them to succeed..it's just i dont think they can, i want them to..but i know they have a very slim chance too.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Hahaha, its not like i hope for the worst for this team..I truly want them to succeed..it's just i dont think they can, i want them to..but i know they have a very slim chance too.
thinking wild card even with Peters is unrealistic according to the poster you were trying to defend in this thread.

madness
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
"See? MY thumb is fine."

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
thinking wild card even with Peters is unrealistic according to the poster you were trying to defend in this thread.

That's clearly not un-realistic..very slim, but far from being unrealistic..we need him if we're going to succeed.

Mitchy moo
07-31-2008, 01:13 PM
huh? I kinda blasted Skoobs when he was the biggest homer here. Other have blasted him too.

No one here ever dashed my hopes for a better year last season and against all odds we we're above .500 even after a terrible start and 19 players on IR. Kicking your team when they are down is just a way to try to justify riding the fairweather fan bus. The Bills may have been in the rain for the past 9 years but I see sunshine down the street and await for that day. I promise to not to spend my days crushing other people's dreams for my own small self satisfaction, how many of you can say that with a clear conscience??

Quit crapping in other people's gardens and shoving people away. We have alot of guests on here that would probably sign up if they didn't feel their hearts we're going to get ripped out. All new posters are welcome here, sign up and give it your best.

justasportsfan
07-31-2008, 01:16 PM
No one here ever dashed my hopes for a better year last season and against all odds we we're above .500 even after a terrible start and 19 players on IR. Kicking your team when they are down is just a way to try to justify riding the fairweather fan bus. The Bills may have been in the rain for the past 9 years but I see sunshine down the street and await for that day. I promise to not to spend my days crushing other people's dreams for my own small self satisfaction, how many of you can say that with a clear conscience??

Quit crapping in other people's gardens and shoving people away. We have alot of guests on here that would probably sign up if they didn't feel their hearts we're going to get ripped out. All new posters are welcome here, sign up and give it your best.
I agree !

OpIv37
07-31-2008, 01:47 PM

it's not kicking the team when they are down- it's kicking the team BECAUSE they are down, and have been down for a decade. We're FANS. By definition, we want the team to win. We had 19 guys on IR- so ****ing what? 7-9 isn't good enough. The goal is to have a good season, not "have a good season considering the circumstances."

Sorry, but I'm here to discuss the team, and when the team has been in the rain for the last 9 years, there is going to be a LOT of bad to discuss. I'm going to come up with realistic predictions and try to be objective about the team.

If people aren't signing up because they don't want their dreams crushed by the reality of a struggling team, good. We don't need people who are that thin-skinned here. This site is for DISCUSSING the team. It's not Buffalo Bills Fantasy Land. It's not Buffalo Bills Cheerleading Forum.

If people don't want crap in their garden, they shouldn't plant the garden under a latrine.

Devin
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM

"Ok ok ok stop me if you've heard this one.........3 guys go into a bar right....."

Mitchy moo
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
"Ok ok ok stop me if you've heard this one.........3 guys go into a bar right....."

One of them brings their own bottle of liquor.....