PDA

View Full Version : Jerome McDougle arrested!!!

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Just saw it on espn...more on it as it comes in

Dicknoze69
04-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Just heard this on Sportscenter. Jerome McDougle was arrested in Miami for resisting arrest. Supposedly he was leaning against a car that was to be towed, and he refused to move. The officer repeated that McDougle had to move, and McDougle refused again, so the cop arrested him. I don't know what this will do to his draft stock, but it doesn't look good.

no link yet, but I'll find one

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Dicknoze69
Just heard this on Sportscenter. Jerome McDougle was arrested in Miami for resisting arrest. Supposedly he was leaning against a car that was to be towed, and he refused to move. The officer repeated that McDougle had to move, and McDougle refused again, so the cop arrested him. I don't know what this will do to his draft stock, but it doesn't look good.

no link yet, but I'll find one

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 05:16 PM
I would like to point out that I was the first one to break the story by 15 seconds :)

Dicknoze69
04-24-2003, 05:18 PM
lol you beat me, dammit!!!!! Only because I typed more....

:lol:

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Good old sports center. Still looking for a link though

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Well this is gonna screw up my Draft Board

Dicknoze69
04-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Ok, it's two days before the draft, why would any potential pro prospect ever do anything that would impact his draft status, like getting arrested for something really stupid, like this sounded like?

justasportsfan
04-24-2003, 05:23 PM
I think TD was in on it so McDougle drops and we can get him :D

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 05:24 PM
This could only Positivly affect us.

Dozerdog
04-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Do we want a guy who is stupid enough to do this 2 days before the :angry: draft!!!

Dozerdog
04-24-2003, 05:31 PM
That Ricky Williams-esque 10 Wonderlic score is jumping out at me.

BillsMan80
04-24-2003, 05:31 PM
This is absolutely nothing to worry about. I can't even think of this as serious. This should just be dismissed out the window. Nothing bad.

Dozerdog
04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Well, it shows he has extreamly poor judgement and a lack of respect for authority figures.

Aurhority figures in the NFL-

Coaches
Referees
Ownership

What happends when he's got $5 million in his pocket? Another pro football jackass.

:shakeno:

Let's hope his agent gets him on the phone in a few and gets him to apologize. Let's see how he handles himself in the next 36 hours. It could cost him Millions

mikemac2001
04-24-2003, 05:46 PM
haha

Bert102176
04-24-2003, 06:35 PM
I still doubt he'll fall to us hell the only DL I think we should draft in the first would be Suggs but he won't be there, so I think we will go offense.

McClane
04-24-2003, 07:12 PM
So we have a player shot (Weathersby), a player arrested (McDougle), and a player hit with a metal rod (Suggs) all within a month of being drafted.....

BFBills
04-24-2003, 07:23 PM
anyone know what he did???

ublinkwescore
04-24-2003, 07:45 PM
You don't comprehend what you read very well do you?

He was leaning on a car that was getting impounded or towed, and a cop told him to get off of it several times, and he wouldn't do it, so the cop arrested him.

Worst case scenario, the guy will have to pay a $300 fine, and will hopefully fall to us.

Ebenezer
04-24-2003, 07:45 PM
don't draft him.

Lone Stranger
04-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I don't think this is going to help him.

lordofgun
04-24-2003, 08:34 PM
At least we know he's got attitude. :snicker:

Romes
04-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
At least we know he's got attitude. :snicker:

...or a really nice car. :redcar:

It would be really stupid of him to do that if he had some peice of crap car... the again, there are those wunderlic scores...

:pee:

hintexas
04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
I hope it hurts his draft stock just enough that Buffalo can pick him in the first round. Didn't Buffalo get a player later in the first round because his draft stock fell. (Something to do with ordering a pizza at the combine?) Tampa Bay sure must be happy that Warren Sapps draft stock fell close to the draft so they could pick him.

The_Philster
04-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by hintexas
I hope it hurts his draft stock just enough that Buffalo can pick him in the first round. Didn't Buffalo get a player later in the first round because his draft stock fell. (Something to do with ordering a pizza at the combine?) Tampa Bay sure must be happy that Warren Sapps draft stock fell close to the draft so they could pick him.

That player was Eric Moulds...but it wasn't the combine...it was at a practice.

hintexas
04-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Exactly, the bills were willing to take Eric Moulds even though he would pull a stupid stunt like ordering a pizza which he must have known would make scouts wonder about him, and that worked out great. We dont even know the facts about why this happened to McDougle so I would be very happy if he fell far enough that the Bills would take another players whos stock has fallen for one reason.

BillsMan80
04-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Draft Him. The guy is a stud, and Suggs is the only better DE in the draft. The rest of em are overrated or aren't worth a 1st.

hintexas
04-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Pay his fine, give him a get out of jail free card. I dont care what he did as long as it was something good enough to get his draft stock to fall so Buffalo can pick him.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 11:07 PM
well.. as far as getting arrested.. this is about the absolute lightest thing he could get picked up for.. i mean.. they dont arrest you for j walking..

i would still take him in a heartbeat.. i hope he drops..

none of us know the situation.. and none of you should judge him.. maybe he was standing up for a friend.. maybe he is trying to work something out with the tow truck guy, and the tow truck guy tells him to get the hell off the car and drops the N bomb on him.. maybe the cop did.. you have no idea.. so until we got more facts try not to be so damn judgemental of what he did.

especially for a girlscout charge that he will pay a pocket change fine for.

The Spaz
04-24-2003, 11:14 PM
That what I'm saying Tatonka. I bet he was just sticking up for his friend. He didn't want the guys car towed while his friend wasn't there. I hate when that happens. Besides the cop should have just of been scared and ran away...lol:)Go Bills!

Dozerdog
04-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
You don't comprehend what you read very well do you?

He was leaning on a car that was getting impounded or towed, and a cop told him to get off of it several times, and he wouldn't do it, so the cop arrested him.

Worst case scenario, the guy will have to pay a $300 fine, and will hopefully fall to us.

Does anyone else find this statement from Ublink just a little ironic? :lol:

Dozerdog
04-24-2003, 11:43 PM
I guess all I'm saying is, he doesn't have the smarts, on the eve of the biggest day in his career, to shut the :angry: up and walk away?

The other thing I find troubling is we are begging that a guy is a big enough screw up to falll to us. What does Jimmy Kennedy have to do to fall to us? Get the suitcases full of coke.

Are these the same people who shunned getting Darrell Russell?

Now I know comparing McDougal hassling a tow truck operator/cop is the other side of the planet compared to Russell the alleged Video rapist, but the point I'm making is we are quick to forgive charachter flaws in people for the allmighty "W".

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 11:48 PM
when the PERCEIVED character flaw is a crap charge like this? yes..

first off.. it was a campus cop.. yeah.. the gay bike types..

we have no idea what the cop said.. the tow truck driver or JM..

you keep saying that he is an idiot for letting this happen 2 days before the draft.. ever think that maybe the draft spot he goes in is not as big a deal to him as standing up for himself or a friend?

we know he has NO prior issues with the law.. ingtar verified that he has met the guy and likes his attitude..

and your right.. to put russell and him in the same post is a just wrong.

Ingtar33
04-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Tatonka PM'ed me about this one, and I was hesitant to really talk about it. Personally, I'm the type who advocates good behavior in recruits.

In this case I find myself so torn and I'm afraid I can't give you more than the fact that I've met the guy, we talked for a bit and hung out last year. He's a good guy, moral, well grounded, even well spoken (although his wonderlic doesn't indicate that ;) ). Unlike most top prospects he hadn't a shred of pretension, and embodied the soul of a workaholic.

I gave him a 10 (out of 10) for character, something I've bestowed upon a precious few players. So you can see the confusion on my end. I can guarantee one thing, if I wasn’t the only person to grade out his character that high, than this issue wouldn’t effect his draft standing at all. If I’m way of base about what type of person he is, than he’ll fall straight through the first round.

The_Philster
04-25-2003, 04:42 AM
Difference is, McDougle got in trouble with the law. Eric got in trouble with his coach....and when he got to Buffalo, Thurman made sure to make it into a joke...having a pizza delivered to Eric at training camp. I don't think many players on the Bills are going to get themselves arrested as a joke like Thurman did for Eric.

The_Philster
04-25-2003, 04:59 AM
Never mind...I just saw on another thread what he did...pretty dumb thing to get busted for if you ask me...not worth his draft stock dropping much. Sounds like the cop had the bigger problem than him.

BFBills
04-25-2003, 06:27 AM
draft haynes

ublinkwescore
04-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Does anyone else find this statement from Ublink just a little ironic? :lol:

Ironic? In what sense?

I comprehend what I read pretty damn well - unless it's one of Wys's encyclopedias that he posts, and always has to include what he thinks the meaning of life is on them.

Earthquake Enyart
04-25-2003, 08:04 AM
People forgot about Travis Henry in a hurry. :ontome:

BillsOwnAll
04-25-2003, 08:32 AM
maybe he wants to be picked later......i know this probbly isnt it but lol would you rather be picked 7th by a sucky team or 32 the defending champs?

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
People forgot about Travis Henry in a hurry. :ontome:

excellent point EE.. i am sure some of the new McDougal bashers looked right past that because of his uni color.

TedMock
04-25-2003, 09:53 AM
we don't know the real deal and I've personally seen these campus cops pull some real bullsh**. I'm not condoning stupid behavior but considering a 21 year old college kid did this it's forgiveable. we've all done stupid things in youth and some of us have even been arrested for these acts. I know that until I graduated college I was always in mischief like this. People grow up, I did and I'm doing just fine. I have a great job, a college degree and no police record. I look back at things I did at 18 or 20 and shake my head because I'm not proud of them but I also realize that I was young and stupid. Hey look back at that great team we had in the early 90's and think hard about the stupid trouble they used to get in. There was a water balloon incident which caused an injury to a woman, there was a sodomy arrest, there were drug and alcohol issues. Hopefully McDougal will be fine.

BillsNYC
04-25-2003, 10:00 AM
my sources tell me it was a small altercation, no big deal, and just looks bad...

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 10:11 AM
espn already stated this is not something that will even be on his record.. and he has no priors at all.

Billz_fan
04-25-2003, 10:20 AM
This little incident may well be nothing, that being said.....

I find it strange how we as fans are always willing to forgive the athelete for there errors in judgement and many times out right breaking of the law.

It always seems as if we can justify there actions in some way. If it were one of us "commoners" who were picked up for such indescretions we would certainly be seen in a much darker light than our prized atheletes.

Like I said, this incident may well be nothing. There are many more though that are more than nothing and they are forgiven much more readily than the indiscretion of the average citizen. If not always by the law certainly by us as fans.

Just food for thought ;)