Here's a firestorm of controversy. If Trent plays bad for 3 games. Yank him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Here's a firestorm of controversy. If Trent plays bad for 3 games. Yank him?

Please don't hammer me with negative responses. I'm very concerned about this. When I heard about Trent struggling in camp, I took my hand and wiped my face with frustration and angst! Why didn't the Bills get a bonafide good QB in here to backup Trent?

Ooooooh the pain, the pain! Agony!

:drama:
    Last edited by blackonyx89; 08-01-2008, 09:37 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Here's a firestorm of controversy. If Trent plays bad for 3 games. Yank him?

Originally posted by blackonyx89
    Please don't hammer me with negative responses. I'm very concerned about this. When I heard about Trent struggling in camp, I took my hand and wiped my face with frustration and angst! Why didn't the Bills get a bonafide good QB in here to backup Trent?

Ooooooh the pain, the pain! Agony!

There isn't any drama. The Bills have made a committment (right or wrong) to Edwards. The only thing that will get him out of the lineup is an injury.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Re: Here's a firestorm of controversy. If Trent plays bad for 3 games. Yank him?

Absolutely not.

For one.. You gain nothing.. Losman could come in and be spectacular.. It wouldn't matter.. At the end of this season, Losman is gone.. If he played well, he'd be playing for a contract elsewhere. After what happened, he won't ever resign here.

For another, you stick with Edwards anyway. They're committed to him at this point; and you don't ride him out after three games.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

he plays bad for 3 games it will become a circus at qb.

im pretty sure dick and CO know they are coaching for their jobs this year

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

You can't pull Trent unless he gets hurt, it would destroy any hope of him every becoming even a decent QB.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He sticks unless he gets hurt.

With a new OC and multiple new plays being called, I think it will take a few weeks to get in a groove. The Seattle opener is still weeks away.

I saw enough of Edwards last season to be optimistic.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

What would be the point of pulling him? Not like there's an alternative that's the answer. At least Trent's had good days too so far in camp, not that it matters.
                JP had a bad stretch in 2006 (as well as other bad games), but they stuck with him because they were committing to developing him. The only way to get experience is with experience.
                Last edited by Philagape; 08-01-2008, 08:44 AM.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Trade for Quinn.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

The guy had one bad night practice and this Board is ready to release him.

Very funny.

Marshawyn Lynch got stuffed in the same practice. Maybe we should trade both of them.

Comment

• jmb1099
                      • Sep 2004

And ruin one more Qb with promise? No thanks, let him figure it out.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

If we are ever to have any stability at this position, Trent needs to play at least a whole season.

I would hope we learned something from the three year JP debacle.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          The guy had one bad night practice and this Board is ready to release him.

Very funny.

the irony

KO's MRI comes back negative and youstart a thread ready to commit seppuku .
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

JP played bad for a hell of alot longer than 3 games before we pulled him. Fact of the matter is, Trent isn't going to be a Pro Bowl QB after 3 games this season, if he struggles, it's all a part of this new young QB development thing that EVERY team has to go through when you have a young QB starting. Look, we know JP is not going to get us to the playoffs or be our franchise QB, so I don't want to hear the crap about how we should have him put back in. We know his game, we know how he does in high pressure situations. We don't know how Trent is, we need to find out if he's our franchise QB because if he isn't then we need to get rid of BOTH JP and Trent and find someone else.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                              HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                              JP played bad for a hell of alot longer than 3 games before we pulled him. Fact of the matter is, Trent isn't going to be a Pro Bowl QB after 3 games this season, if he struggles, it's all a part of this new young QB development thing that EVERY team has to go through when you have a young QB starting. Look, we know JP is not going to get us to the playoffs or be our franchise QB, so I don't want to hear the crap about how we should have him put back in. We know his game, we know how he does in high pressure situations. We don't know how Trent is, we need to find out if he's our franchise QB because if he isn't then we need to get rid of BOTH JP and Trent and find someone else.
                              The Trent Please Don't Suck! picture sums up my concerns.
                              Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X