PDA

View Full Version : No Predictions please

Wally The Barber
08-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I am not interested in how many games you believe the Bills will win in 2008-09.

Nobody can tell you that during training camp.

But,

What team in the NFL has EQUAL talent with the Buffalo Bills.

If they played a game in the regular season..... the game would be a "Pick Em"

Also, Give me a percentage that Buffalo has improved over last season

Example 15% better.

The responses are an opinion, and I would love to hear from some of you guys and girls..... you know more about football then ESPN.

I am sure of that!

I am here visiting from the Buffalo Bills main discussion board and I was reading your comments last year as "Wally" and my middle name is WALLACE.

I was told the people here.....know their football

I plan you use the results from the above questions in a future thread that will have 3 main questions over 3 days.

It going to be fun....trust me!

THE SLAMMER

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I am not interested in how many games you believe the Bills will win in 2008-09.

Nobody can tell you that in training camp

But,

What team in the NFL has EQUAL talent with the Buffalo Bills.

If they played a game in the regular season the game would be a "Pick Em"

Also, Give me a percentage that Buffalo has improved over last season

Example 15% better.

The responses are an opinion, and I would love to hear from some of you guys..... you know more about football then ESPN.

I am sure of that!

THE SLAMMER
Don't Tell me what to do.

Bills 10-6

patmoran2006
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
A team with equal talent?

I'm going to stay in our division and say the Jets.

I think they have more talent on defense, and I think offensively we're close with the same question marks; mainly a young starter at QB Clemens vs Trent.

Defensively for NY your looking at a front seven that includes Jenkins, Harris, Pace and Gholsten. That's pretty scary.. Reevis and especially Rhodes are outstanding in the secondary.

For us: You gotta love STroud and Schobel up front, and our LB corp if Poz performs could be great. We dont have anyone as talented as Reevis at CB or Rhodes at safety, but I think our secondary overall is comparable.

They are better at TE, and I give Buffalo the slight edge at WR, though Crotchery and Coles can be good, especially with improved QB play.

I give Lynch the edge over Thomas Jones.

But overall, I think talent level is extremely close.

Wally The Barber
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Cleveland Browns

Bills are 16.227% better, but it is hard to be exact.

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Cleveland Browns

Bills are 16.227% better!
Oh yeah

Wally The Barber
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Don't Tell me what to do.

Bills 10-6I said PLEASE (lol)

Wally The Barber
08-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow, you guys can not think of a team about equal to the Bills?

Yasgur's Farm
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Chooches and Mooks... This is the famous 'THE SLAMMER' from bb.com. I would have never guessed Wally was 'THE SLAMMER'.

Yasgur's Farm
08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Talent wise... Seatle Seahawks.

The Bills are maybe 17% better at this same time last season... But 36% better than the team that crawled off the field week 17.

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Baltimore Ravens

75% better this year

DrGraves
08-01-2008, 10:40 PM
vikings... good young rb... good pieces, crappy young qb.

lordofgun
08-01-2008, 10:44 PM
packers without favre

Mitchell55
08-01-2008, 10:59 PM
12-4

Wins- SF, Sea, Ari, NE, Mia, Mia, NYJ, NYJ, Clev, KC, Oak, Den

Losses- Pats, SD, Jags, Rams(will be good this year)

djjimkelly
08-01-2008, 11:08 PM
we are about the same as the 49ers.

and i think we are worse then last year at this time. about 10%

parts of our future are brighter based on DP's and so on but we are a worse team.

the next coach of the bills will have lots to work with.

we are a 6 win team

Mr. Pink
08-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Comparable team?

Atlanta Falcons - without all the distractions...

Young QB, Young RB, One talented WR...

No name defense, good STs.

About 10% better than last year...what that equates to on the field? Another season around .500.

Wally The Barber
08-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Comparable team?

About 10% better than last year...what that equates to on the field? Another season around .500.

I don't think so!

Atlanta Falcons?

bflojohn
08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Now that Aaron Rodgers is under center, I'd say that Green Bay has regressed and we've advanced to meet somewhere around their talent level. Of course, the Bills must win and prove that type of lofty expectation, but the Bills actually look better than the Pack in some respects! The Bills might be better off at DT than the Pack, now that's ironic, seeing that they were strong there in 2007. Justin Harrell has back issues, Johnny Jolly has legal issues (August 27th court date) and Corey Williams is in the rear view mirror. Marcus Stroud alone probably trumps them and our CB's, potentially, are a better group. I like their LB's just a bit more. Offensively, the Pack have their best WR group since Lofton was around, and the TE position is their's by default!! Our starting RB is better and our QB actually has MORE experience than their guy, Rodgers!!

SquishDaFish
08-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I go with either Seattle or Vikings and think talent wise we are 35% better. Counting the injured players we get back about 55% better.

Mitchell55
08-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Comparable team?

Not even close. There Defense sucks. Our ST is the best in the NFL. They didnt improve at all during the offseason. White is there only reciever (dont even know the rest). We have more than 1 talented WR. Turner is not that young. Hes about the same as LT. This is the 2nd worst insult anyones given us. Besides from win FTP said the Phins are better.

Mr. Pink
08-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Not even close. There Defense sucks. Our ST is the best in the NFL. They didnt improve at all during the offseason. White is there only reciever (dont even know the rest). We have more than 1 talented WR. Turner is not that young. Hes about the same as LT. This is the 2nd worst insult anyones given us. Besides from win FTP said the Phins are better.

Turner - Norwood is very comparable to Lynch - Jackson

White - Horn - Jenkins is very comparable to Evans - Reed - Hardy

TEs Ben Hartsock vs Robert Royal! I'm excisted here, aren't you?

O-line? We have the slight advantage w/ Peters...w/o their O-line has the slight advantage.

Their DLine is exactly like ours....Abraham and Schoebel? overrated. Babineaux and Stanley = Stroud and whoever...Anderson vs Kelsay? exactly.

LBers, much like ours, are the falcons strength on D, Boley, Brookings and Lofton.

Their corners are as impressive as ours...safeties instead of being young and full of question marks, they're old and full of question marks.

Elam and Koenen = Lindell and Moorman

They scored 16.5 PPG on 294 yards PPR, we did 14 per and 300 yards.
They gave up 17.5 PPG allowing 271 yards, we did 16 on 321 yards.

And you're saying this is an insult comparison?

Wally The Barber
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I like the Bills and Cleveland as the next teams to hit the top 5 in the NFL

PECKERWOOD
08-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I like the Bills and Cleveland as the next teams to hit the top 5 in the NFL

Cleveland has the talent to go all the way.

bflojohn
08-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Cleveland has a HUGE achilles heel at CB, and it will kill them in the National Passing League!! I also think their LB's are pretty pedestrian too, so overall the "D" in Cleveland will lose them a fair share! The Bills, arguably have a stouter group!

Luisito23
08-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Cleveland has a HUGE achilles heel at CB, and it will kill them in the National Passing League!! I also think their LB's are pretty pedestrian too, so overall the "D" in Cleveland will lose them a fair share! The Bills, arguably have a stouter group!

Plus I think their QB (I forgot his name) was a 1 year fluke.....I see them winning no more than 9 games....