PDA

View Full Version : Trade JP to the Bucs.

Confused
08-01-2008, 02:53 PM
It makes too much sense. If they approach us he's worth a 2nd. If we approach them, a 3rd. More than what we will get for him at the end of february

Coach Sal
08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Why trade him at all at this point?

Look around the league. The QB situation is horrendous. Most teams are lucky just to have one that can win games. The Bills have two who are both capable of winning.

If Trent goes down (which we al know could very well happen), I'd much rather have JP, who has a history with these receivers, this line, and these coaches, than one of the QBs we'd then be forced to bring in to replace him as #2.

A backup QB has done his job if he can go 2-2 if he has to play a 4-game stretch. Losman could do that.

JP is much more valuable to this team for 2008 than a future 3rd round pick would be.

justasportsfan
08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
who are we gonna have as Trents back up?

We do nothing until Peters signs.

justasportsfan
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Look around the league. The QB situation is horrendous. Most teams are lucky just to have one that can win games. The Bills have two who are both capable of winning.

If Trent goes down (which we al know could very well happen), I'd much rather have JP, who has a history with these receivers, this line, and these coaches, than one of the QBs we'd then be forced to bring in to replace him as #2.

A backup QB has done his job if he can go 2-2 if he has to play a 4-game stretch. Losman could do that.

JP is much more valuable to this team for 2008 than a future 3rd round pick would be.

Words of wisdom !!!!

I hope some people here are not banking on Hadman .

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Why would Tampa Bay want Losman? They already have a quarterback who is pretty good and is already familiar with their system in Jeff Garcia.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
OMG how many QBs does Tampa already have Garcia, Griese, McCown, Simms, and some rookie, and they're talking about Favre.

No reason they'd want JP.

Mitchell55
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
OMG how many QBs does Tampa already have Garcia, Griese, McCown, Simms, and some rookie, and they're talking about Favre.

No reason they'd want JP.

Doesnt Gradowski also play for them still.

patmoran2006
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
he's worth a second??

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, Ok..

He's not going anywhere.. WE need a backup since we didnt sign anybody in FA, and let me assure you nobody is offering us a second for Losman either..

Plus, TB still has 19 QB's on their roster with or without Garica

patmoran2006
08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
you've got to have a good QB.

Only 12 out of 32 starting QB's played all 16 games last year.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
No he got cut a while back.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
and let me assure you nobody is offering us a second for Losman either..
And you know this because of your rich friend or your PFT "Bills insider" connection?

Philagape
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
With his familiarity with teammates and lack of choices elsewhere, Losman is the best option for a backup

Typ0
08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
if we could get a second we should trade him...but I don't see him bringing any more than a fifth.

The Jokeman
08-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Nope Bruce is a Ram.

who are we gonna have as Trents back up?

We do nothing until Peters signs.
I think Chris Weinke's still a free agent. I'm not saying he's great but think he could be a serviceable veteran who has some experience working under Turk in Carolina.

Night Train
08-01-2008, 07:10 PM
When we have another experienced vet not named JP, let me know. These other guys are career short order cooks.

How the F*** do we get better trading our only backup at QB ? :brilliant:

djjimkelly
08-01-2008, 07:43 PM

JP will be the starter sooner then later again this year only people who want him gone are those who know hes taking job back

Mr. Pink
08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
And you know this because of your rich friend or your PFT "Bills insider" connection?

Because if someone woulda offered a second for him, he wouldn't be on the roster now. He's still here. What does that tell you?

HHURRICANE
08-02-2008, 09:15 AM
JP is the best option at backup.

With that said, if we received something like a 2nd rounder I'd say "adios amigo."

JP was yet another wasted draft pick. Man did TD screw the pooch with draft picks.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2008, 09:17 AM
JP will be the starter sooner then later again this year only people who want him gone are those who know hes taking job back

Do you just look at his picture everyday and ignore what he did on the field? He had several chances to keep his job and couldn't do it.

He lost his job to a 3rd round pick rookie.

Jan Reimers
08-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I think some posters are so vindictive toward JP that they would trade him, regardless of the consequences. The consequences are that we would have no experienced backup QB. And I seriously doubt that Chris Weinke and his ilk are the answer.

SABURZFAN
08-02-2008, 11:55 AM
i don't see how Hamdan can do any worse than what Losman has done. if the Bills are going to trade Losman, i don't see what's wrong going with those two (Edwards and Hamdan) and getting a veteran QB for the minimum.

Bling
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I would pay someone to take JP off my hands. He's that bad.

PECKERWOOD
08-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Why would you pay somebody to take JP off your hands? I thought you said you were a phin fan. If Losman sucked, wouldn't you want him to stay within the division?? :dork:

Bill Cody
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Because if someone woulda offered a second for him, he wouldn't be on the roster now. He's still here. What does that tell you?

That noone offered a 2nd. Or a 3rd. Or a 4th. Or a 5th.

bflojohn
08-02-2008, 02:58 PM
First and foremost, with starters experience, J.P. Losman will carry a certain value come the third or fourth preseason game when some poor team could need him because their starter is injured. The trade value is really a sliding scale due to needs thoughout the league! Don't discount a player who has experience, especially a QB. That's why the Bills kept him in the first place, IMO!! I'm NOT advocating trade however, because that poor unfortunate team losing their starter could be the Buffalo Bills!!! I hope NOT, but it's a violent game!

yordad
08-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I would pay someone to take JP off my hands. He's that bad.And yet if you were being even a tiny bit honest, you would trade any of your three QBs FOR him. Maybe even all three!
:band:

Coach Sal
08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
It's weird to think that JP is now 27 years old and already in his 5th season.

Fans talk about bringing in a "veteran" backup for Trent.

Losman IS the veteran backup.

bluerosekiller
08-02-2008, 06:38 PM

How true.

You're spot on in that it seems odd to refer to him as a veteran, but there are, indeed, a whole lot of "second-in-command" QBs out there with less starts than JP. Hell, there's a few starters with significantly less, like some guy in the news a bit lately named Rodgers ...

HHURRICANE
08-03-2008, 09:10 AM

Great post.

I think the issue for me is that I don't see JP winning alot of games as the backup.

I always thought a backup's job was to not lose you games.

I'd rather see a smarter guy in here that isn't going to be forcing balls or trying to make big plays.

Typ0
08-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Great post.

I think the issue for me is that I don't see JP winning alot of games as the backup.

I'd rather see a smarter guy in here that isn't going to be forcing balls or trying to make big plays.

JP is the kind of player that is going to win you some games and lose you some games. You better let him try and win or you are just going to get the losses.

mayotm
08-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I would pay someone to take JP off my hands. He's that bad.He's much better than any QB on the Dolphins roster.

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
that isn't going to be forcing balls or trying to make big plays.
:rofl: I agree with the first part but maybe we should bring in HOlcomb. He doesn't try to make big plays. And you wonder why I laugh at most of your posts.

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Of course you would. He owns your fins.

trapezeus
08-04-2008, 01:06 PM

i think the argument for a veteran QB and not losman is that he can't win within any system. He wants to run around and sling it around. That's the system he's most comfortable. And while he's incredibly talented and gifted, he isn't so much so that he can get away with that in the NFL.

More people want a Veteran who can learn the sytem, know how to execute and play 2 or 3 games and be consistant. Someone who knows how to read the defenses. That isn't the definition of Losman.

Maybe this time on the bench will give JP more time to study film and playbooks and become a better defensive reader. That's what he needs to go from bust to legit QB.

And he's got starter money coming his way and he's definitely not worth that to us.

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
More people want a Veteran who can learn the sytem, know how to execute and play 2 or 3 games and be consistant. Someone who knows how to read the defenses. That isn't the definition of Losman.

that's an opinion. Not fact.

For someone to learn a system, you have to have people that know how to teach that so called system. Mularkey and Fairchild aren't exactly the people you want to be listening to.

YOu people trust Dick with his decision to start Edwards yet you doubt his decision that JP is the best back up for this team which is why they didn't try to trade him. Make up your minds .

trapezeus
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
that's an opinion. Not fact.

For someone to learn a system, you have to have people that know how to teach that so called system. Mularkey and Fairchild aren't exactly the people you want to be listening to.

YOu people trust Dick with his decision to start Edwards yet you doubt his decision that JP is the best back up for this team which is why they didn't try to trade him. Make up your minds .

it's an opinion based on 4 years of watching him play. JP doesn't pick up on the nuiances of the game quickly. Even with an awesome top line OC, he's not going to get it within the year. By your own defenses of the guy, JP didn't have an OC, a teacher, a line, a receiver, a running game, etc. What he did have last year, someone else was better than him and is in the earlier stages of the learning curve. So i just don't know why you think he's a capable back up. i'd love to be proved wrong if he has to play.

DJ's decision has no bearing on my thoughts. Edwards is the best guy for the starting position because he is the best of the 3-4 QBs we have. He has the most upside and did well as a rookie (when most do not). JP has not been able to win by taking a team on his back like one would expect of a former 1st rounder. He didn't do it as a starter, and i have less faith that he can do it as a backup based on his inability to be mentally sound to handle the NFL game.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree with the first part but maybe we should bring in HOlcomb. He doesn't try to make big plays.:yawn:

If Evans doesn't wrestle the ball away from 2 defenders in Losman's backup roll against the Jets I'm not sure he wins that game either.

We need a guy who won't cost you games as the backup. What's JP's record as the backup?

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Even with an awesome top line OC, he's not going to get it within the year. .Another opinion. NOt fact.

By your own defenses of the guy, JP didn't have an OC, a teacher, a line, a receiver, a running game, etc. What he did have last year, someone else was better than him and is in the earlier stages of the learning curve. So i just don't know why you think he's a capable back up. i'd love to be proved wrong if he has to play. .
Someone was better than him in checking the ball down and dinking and dunking the ball when D's knew how to defend against Fairchilds system.

DJ's decision has no bearing on my thoughts. Edwards is the best guy for the starting position because he is the best of the 3-4 QBs we have. He has the most upside and did well as a rookie (when most do not). JP has not been able to win by taking a team on his back like one would expect of a former 1st rounder. He didn't do it as a starter, and i have less faith that he can do it as a backup based on his inability to be mentally sound to handle the NFL game. At least we know it's your opinion and not Dicks opinion.

Seems to me we both have our doubts in Dick offensive decisions.

I'm not sure that Trent the answer either which is why I would rather have both qb's battle it out at camp instead of annointing anyone. Dicks hasn't had much success annointing anyone on Offense.

trapezeus
08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Another opinion. NOt fact.

Someone was better than him in checking the ball down and dinking and dunking the ball when D's knew how to defend against Fairchilds system.

At least we know it's your opinion and not Dicks opinion.

Seems to me we both have our doubts in Dick offensive decisions.

I'm not sure that Trent the answer either which is why I would rather have both qb's battle it out at camp instead of annointing anyone. Dicks hasn't had much success annointing anyone on Offense.

Justa, you sound like my wife. :-) She does the same thing asking me why i make conclusions based on the information i'm being given. Why would i look at a body of work and then judge someone? You are right, it is opinion, but don't say it like it doesn't come based on a siginficant amount of data.

As for being in agreement about DJ's offense. YEs, i know he's not an offensive guru (not that being an Offensive Guru did much for Mularkey or Billick). But i think if Trent isn't the answer this year, we aren't resigning JP again. Regardless if we think he was a victim of a franchise in peril (which to a degree he was) or he is 19 slots short of being the Bills Ryan Leaf (which to a degree he was since we gave the cowboys a 2 and 5 in 04 and a 1st in 05 when we could have just kept being delusional with bledsoe and taken Aaron Rodgers or Jason Campbell the following year), JP is not going to succeed in buffalo.

He:
1. can't learn an offensive system in one year, no matter who the teacher is. He had sam wyche giving him one on one tutoring. Wyche is highly respected at grooming QB's.
2. Too fragile to handle as he's been demoted several times

I'm willing to give trent the chance to show us what he has and if we had to do it all over again in April, that's fine with me. at this point Edwards has shown me he can be a successful back up because he's capable of coming in and playing in 2-3 games well.

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Justa, you sound like my wife. :-) .then we know who the samrt one is in the family. :jk:

She does the same thing asking me why i make conclusions based on the information i'm being given. Why would i look at a body of work and then judge someone? You are right, it is opinion, but don't say it like it doesn't come based on a siginficant amount of data. .no ones data is accurate. GM's make mistakes an so do coaches. So you can too.

As for being in agreement about DJ's offense. YEs, i know he's not an offensive guru (not that being an Offensive Guru did much for Mularkey or Billick). But i think if Trent isn't the answer this year, we aren't resigning JP again. Regardless if we think he was a victim of a franchise in peril (which to a degree he was) or he is 19 slots short of being the Bills Ryan Leaf (which to a degree he was since we gave the cowboys a 2 and 5 in 04 and a 1st in 05 when we could have just kept being delusional with bledsoe and taken Aaron Rodgers or Jason Campbell the following year), JP is not going to succeed in buffalo. .
I don't disagree. He's done here in biffalo. Hard to tell though what he can do with better coaching. Unlike you though, I am not sure he can't come in an do a good job as a back up ( Or even better than Trent)

While you have every reason to believe he couldn't hack it here in buffalo. who could unde the circumstances he was in. you also agree that the ones calling the shot are idiots as well . He therefore deserves the benefit of the doubt.

He:
1. can't learn an offensive system in one year, no matter who the teacher is. He had sam wyche giving him one on one tutoring. Wyche is highly respected at grooming QB's..
he was the 11th ranked qb in his first year under Fairchild. Speaking of Wyche, he disagree with you in his most recent assesment on JP.

2. Too fragile to handle as he's been demoted several times.HIs teammates , MArv, Dick and everyone else who voched for him disagress with you too.

Demoted under Mularkey, understandable. Moulds and co. would've ***** and whined with the way trent played last year too. IN case you forgot, Evans did the same last year by wanting to go with JP but not the the extent of what Moulds and co. did with JP.

I'm willing to give trent the chance to show us what he has and if we had to do it all over again in April, that's fine with me. at this point Edwards has shown me he can be a successful back up because he's capable of coming in and playing in 2-3 games well.I am willing to give Trent a chance as well. I also want to see what JP can do with better coaching and better players that Trent is being given. Too late because Turk has annointed Trent.

Then again, Turk is another annointed Jauton OC. I can only hope he knows better than the last 2 OC's Dick had.

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
:yawn:

If Evans doesn't wrestle the ball away from 2 defenders in Losman's backup roll against the Jets I'm not sure he wins that game either.? Do you even realize you are attempting to blast a JP for a pass THAT WON US THE GAME.

JP took a chance , he gambled and we won.He trusted his wr. If Trent took a chance and trusted Lee then maybe it wouldn't have come down to JP winning us the game. Do you even know that Trent needed to get with Lee this offseason. Do you even know anything?

:We need a guy who won't cost you games as the backup. What's JP's record as the backup?
well we're in trouble then becaue Trent cost us games last year. IN you attempt to blast JP you're actually hurting Trent too because he's as guilty . Just start another hilarious thread will ya?

acehole
08-05-2008, 01:04 AM
JP will start by week 3.

Edwards is injury prone.

Doesnt take a smart guy to check down it takes a scared beeach.

Reason he dumps it off is because he is scared to take a hit.

If would rather see TD's then FG's Trent should not be starting.

Great post.

trapezeus
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
JP will start by week 3.

Edwards is injury prone.

Doesnt take a smart guy to check down it takes a scared beeach.

Reason he dumps it off is because he is scared to take a hit.

If would rather see TD's then FG's Trent should not be starting.

you accuse people who would rather have trent start being "trent lovers" yet this post smacks of JP love.

Get over yourself. The average NFL play goes for 6yards. the best QB's aren't averaging 20 yards a play. You go long every now and then. You don't develop an offense waiting to throw the long ball. you have to be consistant and move the chains. this is football 101. JP hasn't done that. Hence the bench he sits on.

Trent is younger and showed more promise in his rookie year than JP in his 4th year.

If JP has to come in for Trent, i guarantee you the results will be no different. I can also guarantee you that JP will get sent back to the bench the moment Edwards is healthy.

The fact that you are implying that JP is the more learned QB is the most laughable thing you've said in all your JP defense. Instead of posting stuff like this, work on a valentine card and send it to him already.

Philagape
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Considering the consensus of the team, fans (35 to 5 here), media and other observers, pretty much the entire football universe, that Trent should start, it takes more bias -- "love," if you will -- to want JP to start than it does for Trent. That's the extreme.

justasportsfan
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
it takes more bias -- "love," if you will -- to want JP to start than it does for Trent. That's the extreme.
PHil should know about bias when he implies Trent is smarter than Drew with nothing to show for it but POTENTIAL. I sure hope he's right but until then....

trapezeus
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
but Drew didn't even learn to get a quick release with a Pavlov's dog like clock in camp. Drew was what he was. a strong armed QB with no mobility and no fortitude to make the game winning play when needed. That last part may be more due to age when with the Bills and Cowboys, but you can kind of chart Drew now that his career is over.

Trent, and any other player, literally the sky is the limit for potential. So as we agree everyone can have their opinion, everyone has different expectations as to where Trent is going. I don't know if he'll be an allstar, but i like his chances to be in the middle of the pack this year. But i'm basing that on potential.

acehole
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
No just basing what I am saying on Trents past.

He is is injury prone.

If JP is the back up...guess who comes in and plays smart guy.

You have inaccuracies in your post.

This jp GOES LONG ALL DAY DOES NOT EXSIST.

Check the stats ...JP threw the short ball better then trent.

Your football 101 is a joke.

You can move chains all day...you need to score in this league.

You people are so scared...you want JP off
this team and traded to the bucs before he
has a chance to prove you wrong.

JP was the 11th rated in 2006.

At no point has trend beat that....

He hovers about 29th

"Trent is younger and showed
more promise in his rookie year
than JP in his 4th year."....statement
comes from outer space...possibly uranus.

Trent is the starter and JP is the back up....get over it.

If trend goes down or sucks it up JP will play.

It is my opinion he will do well if called upon.

That is your worst nightmare.

you accuse people who would rather have trent start being "trent lovers" yet this post smacks of JP love.

Get over yourself. The average NFL play goes for 6yards. the best QB's aren't averaging 20 yards a play. You go long every now and then. You don't develop an offense waiting to throw the long ball. you have to be consistant and move the chains. this is football 101. JP hasn't done that. Hence the bench he sits on.

Trent is younger and showed more promise in his rookie year than JP in his 4th year.

If JP has to come in for Trent, i guarantee you the results will be no different. I can also guarantee you that JP will get sent back to the bench the moment Edwards is healthy.

The fact that you are implying that JP is the more learned QB is the most laughable thing you've said in all your JP defense. Instead of posting stuff like this, work on a valentine card and send it to him already.