PDA

View Full Version : so who's the man

3rdn1
08-02-2008, 06:22 PM
so im pretty new to the boards....so howdy. in reading throught varous post i see everyone is hyped for season to start. everyone has their take on how well trent/marshon/hardy ect. ect. will do. so my question to you all is who will become the heart and sole of the team.

the 90's we had kelly/thomas/smith to name a few. with the game in the balance these got the yards or sack/stuff at the line in closeing sec./min. of a game.

so i pose this question to you. 4qtr less than 2min to go..up by TD or down by 1. who get the call.:band:

3rdn1
08-02-2008, 09:29 PM
tuff crowd........didnt think it was hard question

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2008, 09:41 PM
It's Saturday night.

Depending on the down and distance, Lynch or Evans.

Maybe Reed, who is very good on 3rd and 4 or 5 type of plays.

Mitchy moo
08-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Trent, QB keeper.

3rdn1
08-02-2008, 09:48 PM
trent did flash some heart last year aginst the skins

yordad
08-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Strangely, the question would be easier to answer if it were more specific. I can think of a number of scenarios inside your parameters (while losing), where I would choose a number of different guys.

Just a few:
4th and a long 1 = Lynch straight up the gut (nothing fancy)
4th and inches = QB sneak
4th and 10 in red zone= Hardy
4th and long outside red zone = Lee
4 and 7 outside red zone = Reed
2nd and 2= do we have timeouts?

If we are winning, it's easy
ball = Lynch

yordad
08-03-2008, 12:32 AM
I kind of like it where on any given Sunday it can be any given player.

shelby
08-03-2008, 08:24 AM
What yordad said!
Welcome to the Zone.

Cntrygal
08-03-2008, 09:04 AM
so im pretty new to the boards....so howdy.

About time you check back in!!!!! How's the wife & kiddo? Are you up for the KC game in November?

3rdn1
08-03-2008, 04:42 PM
About time you check back in!!!!! How's the wife & kiddo? Are you up for the KC game in November?

i have been in -n- out a few times......all is well here........just got done with school in may....:clump:

coastal
08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
If what they say about Edwards being able to read defenses as a strength is true...

...spread out the field and let him identify the mismatches with Evans, Parrish, Reed, Hardy and Lynch all on the field.

Stealing the defensive signals and piping those calls into his helmet wouldn't hurt either, but you get the point.

Mitchell55
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
so im pretty new to the boards....so howdy. in reading throught varous post i see everyone is hyped for season to start. everyone has their take on how well trent/marshon/hardy ect. ect. will do. so my question to you all is who will become the heart and sole of the team.

the 90's we had kelly/thomas/smith to name a few. with the game in the balance these got the yards or sack/stuff at the line in closeing sec./min. of a game.

so i pose this question to you. 4qtr less than 2min to go..up by TD or down by 1. who get the call.:band:

Lindell.