PDA

View Full Version : You should be excited about Edwards!!

HHURRICANE
08-03-2008, 09:25 AM
There is no doubt that Edwards has to prove his value on the field and win us games.

With that said I think this guy has the tools to make us feel very optimistic that we have the right guy.

The guy is pump faking in practice, making quick decisions, and generally looking very poised out there.

Look at Saurday's video highlights.

The fact that the guy put on 20 pounds of muscle in the off-season and spent the extra time in Florida with Evans has me pretty pumped.

I'm excited to see him play in the pre-season!!!

Tatonka
08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
JP did a lot of things to improve too.. it just didn't work out.

i will hold my enthusiasm till i see Trent average more than a touchdown every other game.

yordad
08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Now it's 20 pounds? Does that mean the Bills are playoff bound?

HHURRICANE
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
JP did a lot of things to improve too.. it just didn't work out.

i will hold my enthusiasm till i see Trent average more than a touchdown every other game.

JP struggled in camp and pre-season last year.

Remember the JP quote: "we are running a vanilla offense and the D knows all of our plays".

All I'm saying is that Trent is looking good enough to keep my enthusiasm up!!

ScottLawrence
08-03-2008, 12:38 PM
The thing that gets me excited about Trent is you can tell he is a very smart guy.

He's taking the job very seriously and it looks as if he is catching on to things very quickly.

The same could not be said for Losman who still struggles to read a defense.

plundar
08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Losman did grow a beard, that has to count for something.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM

hiding his face in shame? :idunno:

PECKERWOOD
08-03-2008, 01:34 PM

The beard alone will add another 2-3 wins to our record.

Philagape
08-03-2008, 02:16 PM
If there's one thing that sets him apart from the Johnson/Bledsoe/Losman line of failures, it's mental capacity to learn and grasp the field. He's not just a piece of meat. That's grounds for optimism. All that's needed is experience.

shelby
08-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Playoff beard!

:offtopic:

i'm glad to be hearing good things about Edwards.

Michael82
08-03-2008, 02:38 PM
They can make anyone good in those videos. Trust me, I want to share your optimism, but I'm seeing Edwards do all those same bad things he did last year too. That includes, staring down receivers, dumping off, never going deep, getting it out too quick.

However JP has also looked bad. He's doing his favorite things, scrambling, holding onto the ball too long, throwing the bomb too much, not much dumping off.

I gotta tell you this, danny and I were watching practice on Saturday morning and we both thought that Baker and/Hamdan did better than Edwards.

jamze132
08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I know how to pump fake too and on the weekends I put on weight...

TacklingDummy
08-03-2008, 04:06 PM
The Bills are going to go as far as their QB situation let's them.
I am hardly excited.

Tatonka
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
look, i hope you guys that think trent is great are right.. because the bills will suck balls until the qb situation is resolved, obviously.

all i know is that watching trent was absolutely just as frustrating as losman.. while losman always went deep and couldnt read defense.. trent didnt exactly read defenses great either.. because all he knew how to do was dump the ball off and he could not get our offense in the endzone to save his life..

it is almost like they are the 2 total opposites of each other. i wish that we could combine the 2.. because there are a few things that i like and really hate about both..

Turf
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
It's all about coaching, game planning, and preparation, as well as being able to make changes on the go. If our coaching staff doesn't set these guys up with a game plan to win, neither of these guys will ever be able to read anything going on with the other defense. Training camp means nothing.

coastal
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM
When Jacksonville proceeds to shutdown our running game and Edwards proceeds to drop 300+ yards through the air on them in a week two road win is when I'll get excited.

Until then we might as well be going into the season with Kelly Holcomb at quarterback as a means of describing my expectations.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
They can make anyone good in those videos. Trust me, I want to share your optimism, but I'm seeing Edwards do all those same bad things he did last year too. That includes, staring down receivers, dumping off, never going deep, getting it out too quick.

However JP has also looked bad. He's doing his favorite things, scrambling, holding onto the ball too long, throwing the bomb too much, not much dumping off.

I wish it wasn't you that just posted this because I trust your opinion.

Let me ask you this. The Bills are trying to run an offense where it's quick reads and dump offs. Don't you think that this is more Schonert than Edwards?

Last year I didn't see him excessively staring down receivers either. Is he looking for Evans on every play? This killed JP last year.

acehole
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I am excited about the Bills!

Trent has everything around him JP never had.

I am optimistic...however I want see more then "Poise".

I want TD's....

Jury is out for this fan...

There is no doubt that Edwards has to prove his value on the field and win us games.

With that said I think this guy has the tools to make us feel very optimistic that we have the right guy.

The guy is pump faking in practice, making quick decisions, and generally looking very poised out there.

The fact that the guy put on 20 pounds of muscle in the off-season and spent the extra time in Florida with Evans has me pretty pumped.

Confused
08-03-2008, 06:24 PM
He looks like a pediphile. JP the peepee toucher.

acehole
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
If there's one thing that sets him apart from the Johnson/Bledsoe/Losman line of failures, it's mental capacity to learn and grasp the field. He's not just a piece of meat. That's grounds for optimism. All that's needed is experience.

Based on what?

His statues as last in the NFL among starting Qb's
or his inability to hit the side of a barn at camp?

Tatonka
08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
He looks like a pediphile. JP the peepee toucher.

stupidest post i have seen in months.

:poop:

Michael82
08-04-2008, 07:49 AM
I wish it wasn't you that just posted this because I trust your opinion.

Let me ask you this. The Bills are trying to run an offense where it's quick reads and dump offs. Don't you think that this is more Schonert than Edwards?

Last year I didn't see him excessively staring down receivers either. Is he looking for Evans on every play? This killed JP last year.

It's quick reads and dump offs, but don't you remember last year? Edwards dumped off constantly without going thru all his reads. I'm fine with him getting the ball out quick, but there have been quite a few times where the other receivers are wide open, but he just dumps it off. I've noticed the same thing from him this year. It could be Schonert, but it's just what I remember from him exclusively last season.

JP and Hamdan are not doing that. Hell, Baker impressed me the other day, he was going thru his reads, looking off receivers, and making great passes. I'm not sure what to think about Edwards, except that's it's only training camp and I'll use the same excuse we used for JP, it's a vanilla offense and we will see more later on.

If you want more explanation for why I feel this way, go thru my first few reports.... each play is either Edwards to Evans for 6 yards, Edwards to Royal, Schouman or Lynch for 4 yards. I'm also surprised at how many times that he has thrown it too low or too high and the receiver has to make a great play to get it. Then again, it could just be jitters. I don't know.

Camp reminds me of the camp from last year, except now it's Edwards to Evans instead of Losman to Evans. Yeah, look back at tapes...Phil and I used to always talk after the game about the many times he would stare down Evans and then throw that quick pass to him. I noticed it on Saturday and I heard a couple of other people say the same thing in the crowd.

BTW, I did take notes Saturday but I didn't get around to writing a report, however, here's the quick notes from that day

RED ZONE OFFENSE:
- 5 to 83 for 2-yards
- 5 to 11 for 4-yards
- 5 to 83 for 3-yards (a couple yards short of the goal line)
GOAL LINE OFFENSE:
1st try
- 5 to 82 low pass, broken up by 59.
- 5 to 80 WIDE OPEN (horrible defense) for 10 yard TD
- 5 pass incomplete, good defense, all the dumpoff options were covered
2nd try
- 5 beautiful pass to 83 for 10-yard TD
- 82 counter play for 1-yard
- 5 to 83 for 4-yards

Now the nice thing is, he did finally start throwing to Roscoe Parrish more, along with his other receivers and he does spread it around once in a while, but if I were to go thru all my notes, I bet you that 75% or higher of the pass plays are to Evans. That's nice and all, but what about when he's double or triple covered?

justasportsfan
08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Philagape's post wreaks I love Trent. You're calling Bledsoe and JP failures and implying that Trent is smarter than both qb's yet Trent hasn't proven he can even achieve what JP did in 06 althemore Bledsoe who's been to the probowl and the sb? I love Trents potential too but seriously.....

feelthepain
08-04-2008, 09:57 AM

Wasn't this the same speech for JP and Rob Johnson? Just last year there was this huge love affair with JP taking that next step. This is a Bills site and you have the right to plug your own, I'm just sayin....

trapezeus
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
i think that when you compare edwards rookie season to rookie QB's over the last 5-10 years, he had a very good season. Other than roethlisberger, most good QB's struggle in the first year.

Obviously Trent can't stay at that level. But if he played his first year, way ahead of most rooks, then you have to be optimistic at his chances for being better in his second year. Time will tell, but i think giving him a chance makes the most sense.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Wasn't this the same speech for JP and Rob Johnson? Just last year there was this huge love affair with JP taking that next step. This is a Bills site and you have the right to plug your own, I'm just sayin....

At least we have a starting QB to get excited about!!

Let me know when you folks have picked one. Who is it this week?

Michael82
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM

:rofl: touche!

ublinkwescore
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
check out my new avatar.

trapezeus
08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
check out my new avatar.

feel threatened much?

acehole
08-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Mike carful...stats hurt the stupid...

It's quick reads and dump offs, but don't you remember last year? Edwards dumped off constantly without going thru all his reads. I'm fine with him getting the ball out quick, but there have been quite a few times where the other receivers are wide open, but he just dumps it off. I've noticed the same thing from him this year. It could be Schonert, but it's just what I remember from him exclusively last season.

JP and Hamdan are not doing that. Hell, Baker impressed me the other day, he was going thru his reads, looking off receivers, and making great passes. I'm not sure what to think about Edwards, except that's it's only training camp and I'll use the same excuse we used for JP, it's a vanilla offense and we will see more later on.

If you want more explanation for why I feel this way, go thru my first few reports.... each play is either Edwards to Evans for 6 yards, Edwards to Royal, Schouman or Lynch for 4 yards. I'm also surprised at how many times that he has thrown it too low or too high and the receiver has to make a great play to get it. Then again, it could just be jitters. I don't know.

Camp reminds me of the camp from last year, except now it's Edwards to Evans instead of Losman to Evans. Yeah, look back at tapes...Phil and I used to always talk after the game about the many times he would stare down Evans and then throw that quick pass to him. I noticed it on Saturday and I heard a couple of other people say the same thing in the crowd.

BTW, I did take notes Saturday but I didn't get around to writing a report, however, here's the quick notes from that day

RED ZONE OFFENSE:
- 5 to 83 for 2-yards
- 5 to 11 for 4-yards
- 5 to 83 for 3-yards (a couple yards short of the goal line)
GOAL LINE OFFENSE:
1st try
- 5 to 82 low pass, broken up by 59.
- 5 to 80 WIDE OPEN (horrible defense) for 10 yard TD
- 5 pass incomplete, good defense, all the dumpoff options were covered
2nd try
- 5 beautiful pass to 83 for 10-yard TD
- 82 counter play for 1-yard
- 5 to 83 for 4-yards

Now the nice thing is, he did finally start throwing to Roscoe Parrish more, along with his other receivers and he does spread it around once in a while, but if I were to go thru all my notes, I bet you that 75% or higher of the pass plays are to Evans. That's nice and all, but what about when he's double or triple covered?

acehole
08-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Philagape's post wreaks I love Trent. You're calling Bledsoe and JP failures and implying that Trent is smarter than both qb's yet Trent hasn't proven he can even achieve what JP did in 06 althemore Bledsoe who's been to the probowl and the sb? I love Trents potential too but seriously.....

Blind faith has trumped stats and facts...

When you are in love the world doesnt mater....

Ronald Hinckleberry
08-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Anybody see Colt Brennan last night? He was cocked and loaded for sure. Now there is a real QB.

Michael82
08-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Anybody see Colt Brennan last night? He was cocked and loaded for sure. Now there is a real QB.
I was impressed and also upset that the Bills didn't draft him or any other QB in the draft. He may be a nice steal for the Redskins. :ill:

feelthepain
08-05-2008, 07:47 AM

At most you're the only people on the planet who think TE is a starting QB! When your choices are JP Losman and anyone else, anyone else of course is the the only option. So in that aspect, yeah Trents a starter but only by default!

trapezeus
08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
FTP, are you honestly going to question the play of Trent's play as a rookie vs Beck's play as a rookie? I believe their head to head match up showed a very large gap. So if Trent isn't a starter, i hope you know that Beck isn't one either.

SABURZFAN
08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Blind faith has trumped stats and facts...

When you are in love the world doesnt mater....

the Lickers prove that time and time again. their mancrush on a QB that wins 30% as a starter proves that.

ublinkwescore
08-06-2008, 12:59 PM
feel threatened much?

Do elaborate.

Don't even try to bring race into this I will blow you out of the water if this turns into a debate.