PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reports.. McDougal's draft status not likely to change..

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 12:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/story?id=1544252

"I regret that this incident happened today," McDougle said in a statement released through Rosenhaus. "I apologize for any embarrassment that this may cause to my family, friends, the University of Miami and its fans.

"I will not allow anything like this to happen again and I apologize to the (police) officers involved."

*the article went on to say that it was non-violent.. that the charges would be expunged from his record, and didnt say he was on a car, but that he wouldnt leave the scene when they were trying to tow an ex-teammates car..

"Do you look into it and make sure there's not more than meets the eye?" said one AFC general manager whose team has McDougle among a group it probably will consider in the first round. "Hell yes, you do. But it doesn't sound like anything too serious. Except for maybe poor judgment at about the most inopportune time imaginable for him."

McDougle's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, spent much of Thursday apprising NFL teams of the incident before it was reported.

"It's been a long day," Rosenhaus said, "but I think teams see this for what it really was. But still, it shouldn't have happened and Jerome is certainly very aware of that, believe me."

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 12:23 AM
yeah.. lets pass on him if he drops.. and take haynes.. that way we can get a good solid phil hansen type.. and the next guy gets the hugh douglas type.. :rolleyes:

casdhf
04-25-2003, 07:29 AM
I'd rather have Haynes anyways, but this shouldn't really hurt him. It's not like he really did anything major, like get shot or kill his wife an her lover.

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 09:39 AM
i like the new avatar much better :D

casdhf
04-25-2003, 11:42 PM
It is great, isn't it? I saw him at Buff St last night, it was amazing.