• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Vegas and Bills

I went to vegas this weekend.

I put $5 on the bills to win the AFC and $5 on the superbowl with 25/1 odds and 50/1 odds, respectively.

kind of lame that you can't put a simple, "make the playoffs bet". the vegas odds were the bills would go 8-8 and if they went 9-7, you broke even. So i didn't do that one.

Anyways, for some reason i have more faith the bills can win the superbowl than win the AFC. I feel like if you win the conference, 9-10 times its because you are the better team and played like that for an entire season. To win the superbowl, it's just a matter of momentum and luck.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Vegas and Bills

Originally posted by trapezeus

the vegas odds were the bills would go 8-8 and if they went 9-7, you broke even. So i didn't do that one.
    Should have bet under.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

the under actually doesn't pay even. for every dollar you put on the bills to go under 8-8, you only make back 80 cents. seems like the rest of the world is going against the bills.

I guess it's one thing to be a writer and proclaim great things for the bills vs what the bettors are saying with their dollars. Could be another annoyingly long year. but i'm rooting on the 50-1 shot.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I put a fortune down on the over last season and hit it. 8-8 is a great bet and I am just waiting to see how healthy they come out of the pre-season, then it's another over bet.

P.S. The under is a sucker bet.

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Bett'n man say's 8-8, that doesn't sound like Vegas is nearly as impressed with the Bills as most of their fans.

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
            the under actually doesn't pay even. for every dollar you put on the bills to go under 8-8, you only make back 80 cents. seems like the rest of the world is going against the bills.

I guess it's one thing to be a writer and proclaim great things for the bills vs what the bettors are saying with their dollars. Could be another annoyingly long year. but i'm rooting on the 50-1 shot.
            This is by far a more accurate estimate then anything else you'll read, there is ZERO bias in Vegas odds, they love their money way too much to piss it away on ego's and blind faith. They will win some and lose some, but they make their odds with as little risk to the house as possible.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
              Bett'n man say's 8-8, that doesn't sound like Vegas is nearly as impressed with the Bills as most of their fans.
              Ironically, those we're the same odds for the giants last season.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                Ironically, those we're the same odds for the giants last season.
                What isn't ironic is the level of talent in coaching and personnel the Giants have that the Bills don't.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                  • Jul 2002

That's exactly why we took so much of the other fan's money last year on the over 6 bet.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

the under is free money!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

What isn't ironic is the level of talent in coaching and personnel the Giants have that the Bills don't.
                      They we're all hero's in your eyes the season before last I assume, right? There is only 1 coaching staff a year that completes it job every season, so you use the giants staff as a reference against everyone.

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

What were the odds for the dolphins Trap?
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                          They we're all hero's in your eyes the season before last I assume, right? There is only 1 coaching staff a year that completes it job every season, so you use the giants staff as a reference against everyone.
                          Go to Vegas and tell them you're offended they don't see the Bills as a playoff team, see how far it gets you.

Comment

• DrGraves
                            • Mar 2008

50-1 to win the superbowl? that sucks... theres only 32 teams in the leauge, realistically 31 because miami is like a AAA club.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Go to Vegas and tell them you're offended they don't see the Bills as a playoff team, see how far it gets you.
                              Personally, I am glad that they see us as a .500. That really means that the Bills need only win a few extra games past what's expected to make the playoffs. I have no idea why you try to extend things in such a harsh light one why or the other, I am not trying to start a conflict with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X