• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Postcard from camp: Bills

Postcard from camp: Bills

Here is an article for SI touring Bills camp. Some Peters opinion, and insight to St. john Fisher. Not alot of substance though

Setting The Scene

In 1948 a legendary priest of the Basilian Order, Father Hugh Haffey, saw his tireless efforts rewarded with the establishment of a Basilian institution, St. John Fisher College, in Pittsford, N.Y., a pretty little town in the Rochester suburbs. I know this because when I was at the Bills camp at St. John Fisher, I asked one of the students when the school was founded.
    "I never knew it was lost," she said. When the hysterical laughter died down, she said, "Wait right here," and immediately came back with a 55-page historical memoir by Father Haffey, leading up to the laying of the first stone.
    "Tomorrow you get graded on this," she said, which didn't worry me because I knew something extra about St. John Fisher, and I knew it because The Flaming Redhead and I have been slaves to the Henry VIII TV series The Tudors. John Fisher was the martyred cardinal (no, not Matt Leinart) who defied the king and got his head chopped.
    And so in this idyllic spot close to Lake Ontario, the Bills have set up their training facilities, complete with fan delights such as interactive participation gimmicks and conference rooms and "enhanced sideline vantage points," which means that fans can wander right up to the edge of the stands, a whisper away from the field, without getting Securitied to death.
    It's a nice, loose, happy atmosphere, and the guy who brought all this action to his school nine years ago is Russ Brandon, who now bears the title of CEO of the Bills, and you will hear a lot about him in paragraphs to come, yes indeed, quite a bit, so don't go away.
    Edited: Please click link to view entire article. - Mr. Miyagi

• Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

DR. Z’s Bills observations

The Bills are a team you root for. People are friendly. You watch the practice from close up. They don't have a bunch of characters with Security on their arms chasing you. Players get along with the fans, even with the writers, imagine. Dick Jauron, the head coach, is a good guy. Just write a new contract for your left tackle, OK Bills?
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Re: DR. Z’s Bills observations

Postcard from camp: Bills http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/08/03/bills.postcard/index.html?eref=si_nfl Here is an article for SI touring Bills camp. Some Peters opinion, and insight to St. john Fisher. Not alot of substance though Setting The Scene In 1948 a legendary priest of the Basilian Order,

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Re: Postcard from camp: Bills

Thank you. That writer has a fairly entertaining style. I also think it is funny he didn't know the name of the guy replacing Peters.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

Re: DR. Z’s Bills observations

The bills are the best! back when camp was in fredonia kelly, andre, thurman and the guys would sign autographs for everyone and talk to the fans after practice it was great. One year I got the entire rosters autograph minus a few guys..

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Re: Postcard from camp: Bills

Threads merged for your convenience.

Comment

Working...
            X