X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Seattle and Jacksonville

I think our schedule is very favorable, especially with not having to face a division opponent until half way through the season. However I am concerned about our first two games. We have a tendency to start off slow, and that always kills us in the end. The Seahawks and the Jags are both good teams and better than us IMO. I am hoping that openning day energy at the ralph will carry us to a victory against seattle. But I don't think we have much of a chance in florida. I think coming out 1-1 would be a great start. I really wouldn't be surprised if we dropped those first two games. And as you know it is hard to overcome a slow start. What do you guys think? What will our record be heading into week 3?
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Seattle and Jacksonville

Originally posted by DrGraves
    I think our schedule is very favorable, especially with not having to face a division opponent until half way through the season. However I am concerned about our first two games. We have a tendency to start off slow, and that always kills us in the end. The Seahawks and the Jags are both good teams and better than us IMO. I am hoping that openning day energy at the ralph will carry us to a victory against seattle. But I don't think we have much of a chance in florida. I think coming out 1-1 would be a great start. I really wouldn't be surprised if we dropped those first two games. And as you know it is hard to overcome a slow start. What do you guys think? What will our record be heading into week 3?

I actually believe we might beat both. Besides from last year, we have a history of beating Jacksonville. We also have stroud now. Seattle is going to be a defensive game. Dont be surprised at a 7-3 game. Bills win.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by MLynch23
      I actually believe we might beat both. Besides from last year, we have a history of beating Jacksonville. We also have stroud now. Seattle is going to be a defensive game. Dont be surprised at a 7-3 game. Bills win.

This is pissing me off. People have been negging me the past 5 days for no reason. I have opinions and people neg me for it. WTF.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

1-1 is the most likely outcome. I don't see the Seahawks as being significantly better than the Bills, they win their division every year because the other 3 teams are horrible.

The Jags are a flat out good football team, and are certainly going to take one of the Wild Card spots in the AFC. If the Bills win that game I'll be over the moon, but for now the best I think we can hope for is to run them close.

Comment

• Confused
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jun 2007

The JAgs will be a huge test for our revamped run defense. We will need actual TD's to beat them. not a comedy of FGs like last year. Seatle is a win. i hope.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hoofhearted
            The JAgs will be a huge test for our revamped run defense. We will need actual TD's to beat them. not a comedy of FGs like last year. Seatle is a win. i hope.

Haven't the Jags been nailed by injuries? I've heard that their WR's are going down.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Lets be realistic here.....JAX is my pick for the SUPER BOWL this year....Also it is the 2nd game of the year and you know what the wether is like in FLORIDA in early SEPTEMEBR.....This is JAX opener as well.....IT WILL BE HOT AS HELL THAT GAME!!!!!!!!

1-1 after the 1st 2 games won't be that bad for us......
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

A couple nice things about Jax tht is on favor is I think Stroud will be an absolute beast in that game, Harvey still is not signed so he will not play much since it will be early in the season and Porter still will not have a chemistry established with Garrard since he has been hurt.
                I am not saying the Bills will beat them because even with those things listed above helping Buffalo Jax is still a good team. However, if you want to be a good football team you need to beat a good football team.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

This is pissing me off. People have been negging me the past 5 days for no reason. I have opinions and people neg me for it. WTF.
                  Don't worry about those douchebags. Your opinion is just as important as theirs in keeping this board running.

btw, I'm thinking we can beat both of them. First, they play well at home, and playing in Florida..adjusting is worse after being used to cold games, and it'll still be warm. Plus I think the Jags are over rated.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

imagine how freaky it would be if we went into the Raiders game 2-0 only to lose to them?
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

0-2, people are looking past the Seahawks, a playoff team. Things will get better from there.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                        Lets be realistic here.....JAX is my pick for the SUPER BOWL this year....Also it is the 2nd game of the year and you know what the wether is like in FLORIDA in early SEPTEMEBR.....This is JAX opener as well.....IT WILL BE HOT AS HELL THAT GAME!!!!!!!!

1-1 after the 1st 2 games won't be that bad for us......
                        The Jags are very weak at WR. If they are going to make a run at the super bowl they will need that group to improve big time. Porter is injured, Reggie Williams who has been a disappointment so far is injured, they got Troy Williamson who is a bust so far and Dennis Northcutt who is only good for a play or 2 a game. Wilford was their best WR and he's gone. They have no reliable targets which will cost them on 3rd down against good defenses.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

I'll be at both these games.

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            0-2, people are looking past the Seahawks, a playoff team. Things will get better from there.
                            The Seahawks are only a playoff team because the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals all suck so badly.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dujek
                              The Seahawks are only a playoff team because the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals all suck so badly.

Yeah, Seattle doesn't scare me at all...Jax though will be very, very tough, especially since the game is in Florida......A 1-1 start sounds just about right to me....
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X