PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to training camp

Coach Sal
08-05-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm headed up to camp on Wednesday afternoon. (I'm at the Tampa Airport right now).

I have a press credential and will get some sound from players, coaches, etc.. I'll then post anything worthwhile on my website.

I'll also be watching practice closely and give as much of a report as I can sometime Wednesday night or Thursday.

By the way, I'll be in Buffalo until Sunday and will also have the chance to watch the game while there. My final summer trip (business and pleasure) before practice begins Monday for me down here.

Anyone want me to look for or report on anything specifically?

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Get Peters signed already

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 08:18 AM
How do the DT's look would be a top concern for me.

If Stroud and crew can hold there own, Poz adn the LBs should be much more effective.

Watch Fowler. He is the weak link in the O-line (once Peters comes in).

And the TE's and young WR's.

hammerbillsfan
08-05-2008, 08:19 AM
i missed you by 2 days! damn it

camp was great yesterday :D

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2008, 08:24 AM
I honestly have no urge to go to training camp. I went one time and it was just a bunch of dudes practicing. I can only get excited for regular season games.

Romes
08-05-2008, 08:25 AM
It be good to get another opinion on the main stuff...QB and the new guys (rookies and FA).

HAMMER
08-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I honestly have no urge to go to training camp. I went one time and it was just a bunch of dudes practicing. I can only get excited for regular season games.

It's a real snoozer Thurm.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-05-2008, 08:27 AM
I will be there on Wednesday afternoon also. It will be my second trip up there this year. Thinking about picking up a Stroud jersey!

Mr. Miyagi
08-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I want to see how Ashton Youboty is progressing.

Romes
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I want to see how Ashton Youboty is progressing.

...again. :ill:

justasportsfan
08-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Stroud has been busting through the OL at camp. MY question is , is it because our OL sucks with the shift of Walker and CHambers + Fowler or is Stroud back to his old self.

A close look at the OL is what I'd be looking for. Just when I thought they were making strides , we're taking a step back so it seems.

DraftBoy
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Id like to know about QB Matt Baker and WR Jason Jones.

Mr. Miyagi
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
...again. :ill:
Again what? This is only his true second year.

Romes
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Again what? This is only his true second year.

I agree he is one to watch.

But had he showed something sooner, maybe we wouldn't of had to draft 3 cornerbacks and bring 1 in from FA.

Bills Juggernaut
08-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I've been to the two night practicies and Stroud looks very good. Lots of distruption. The offense cannot run the ball when he and Johnson are in. When they try to pass, the pocket gets pushed back rather quickly.

Honestly, I thought Youbooty has been looking good also. Much better than last year. Right now, I think he has looked better than Leodis.

TigerJ
08-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I want to see signs that someone from the group of Demetrius Bell, Matt Murphy and Patrick Estes might be able to step into the starting lineup by September so that if Peters doesn't report and negotiate a new deal the Bills won't be stuck with Kirk Chambers starting and Langston Walker can stay at RT.

Night Train
08-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm thinking of going tomorrow myself. Sounds like a good weather day.

coastal
08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd be interested to see if James Hardy has any prayer of getting off of the line of scrimmage.

Homegrown
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Look forward to your TC take.

BTW, when your in Ra-cha-cha, find out what the best place for a "Garbage Plate" is.

Night Train
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Look forward to your TC take.

BTW, when your in Ra-cha-cha, find out what the best place for a "Garbage Plate" is.

Nick Tahou's

http://www.garbageplate.com/

raphael120
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd like to know how well Evans and Edwards are working. I've heard mixed reports from camp about how good Edwards looks...seems like a lot of dink and dunking and not looking good.

Seems like we have 2 mediocre QB's. One can dink and dunk and get us 3 field goals, while the other can throw a long bomb and get us 1 TD every other game.

Either one won't win us enough games to get to the playoffs unless Edwards can step up his game and Schonert doesn't turn out to be Fairchild Jr.